Caveman 2 Cosmos

I've solved the problem with the CTDs while loading Caveman2Cosmos. I'd updated my Civ IV with the function from the Main Menu and didn't recognize, that the patch wasn't installed correctly. Now I patched it again and voila, your mod works perfectly. I can't wait to start a new game of "Caveman2Cosmos". Thanks guys for all the work on this overwhelming mod.

I've solved the problem with the CTDs while loading Caveman2Cosmos. I'd updated my Civ IV with the function from the Main Menu and didn't recognize, that the patch wasn't installed correctly. Now I patched it again and voila, your mod works perfectly. Now, I can't wait to start a new game of "Caveman2Cosmos". Thanks guys for all the work on this overwhelming mod.

Thx for letting us know, and Welcome to CFC.

I can't play the 28 player Earth map, whenever I try I automatically lose.

What's going on here?

Are you guys going to wait until Rom is updated to release another update of C2C?

Sorry ROM will more than likely NEVER be updated, since Zapparra left last year already. If you mean AND, i am having troubles getting the Sevopedia to work correctly, i have gotten with Afforess on these days ago, but he has NOT responded.

Hi All:
Playing v12. For some reason, after researching "Cartography", I can't get lat/long
to display on the map. I have the show lat/long box checked in BUG.
Noted that the "Cartography" description does not say that the map will center as it
does in AND. I posted this issue on another C2C thread, but am trying here as well.
Any ideas appreciated.

Thx!

Hi All:
Playing v12. For some reason, after researching "Cartography", I can't get lat/long
to display on the map. I have the show lat/long box checked in BUG.
Noted that the "Cartography" description does not say that the map will center as it
does in AND. I posted this issue on another C2C thread, but am trying here as well.
Any ideas appreciated.

Thx!

Yeah i take out any map centering, i just dont like it.
Just go into the TechInfo file and look for TECH_MAP_MAKING and change this <bMapCentering>0</bMapCentering> to this <bMapCentering>1</bMapCentering>.

Just go into the TechInfo file and look for TECH_MAP_MAKING and change this <bMapCentering>0</bMapCentering> to this <bMapCentering>1</bMapCentering>.

Why don't you like it? I mean people like Eratosthenes figured out the Earth was curved long before we sailed around the globe.

Why don't you like it? I mean people like Eratosthenes figured out the Earth was curved long before we sailed around the globe.

Just a personal thing, i dont like the MAP getting any bigger than the area that i am in, unless i have researched it myself, just a personal thing, like i said:p

Thats because ALOT of the modcomps that "we" put in have only English text files, sorry:blush:. Someone will have to go though ALL the text files and change them, and that is very tedious work.

that's sad... and there's no way to tell the game "if this string don't have a translation in the mod XMLs, use the defauld one"?
also have someone developed an easy to use framework to translate XMLs?

The problem is that "someone" forgot to remove the check box from the "Custom Game" screen now that it is on the BUG Options screen.
those damn modders, always trying to get our bottom handed to us by their creations :D

strategyonly:
Thx for your reply. The reason I brought it up is because lat. comes into play when
deciding where to build the Space Elevator. I tried to edit the file you mentioned using
notepad, but that d/n work. Could you be so kind as to explain how to edit the file in question? Also, I c/n locate any custom civs in any of the folders. Where might they
be, if there are any?

Thx again for your help.

Guys, is there an ETA on the next version of C2C? Reason being that I am a long-time AND player and have only just stumbled across C2C and therefore would like to get started on a long game but won't bother if the new one is around the corner.

Keep up the great work.

Sorry ROM will more than likely NEVER be updated, since Zapparra left last year already. If you mean AND, i am having troubles getting the Sevopedia to work correctly, i have gotten with Afforess on these days ago, but he has NOT responded.
Even more than that, despite AND getting a new beta, he declared that he was a Civ 5 modder a while back on his original thread. That probably means there won't be anymore AND updates.
Guys, is there an ETA on the next version of C2C? Reason being that I am a long-time AND player and have only just stumbled across C2C and therefore would like to get started on a long game but won't bother if the new one is around the corner.
Theres a saying, "a train only goes as fast as its pushed" and I think that applies to this mod. The more content people contribute or suggest, the easier it is for a new update to be submitted. For example, if you have an idea for an additional civic category, then suggest it to me in PM or, if you have some content, such as a mod or module, then I'm sure SO would be glad to add it.
Spoiler :
Civics are as follows:
Immigration
Government
Society
Welfare
Power (as in distributation of ruling power)
G.S.T.
Military
Economy
Garbage

By the way, an update was released last month, from 10.2 to 12.

@strategyonly

The Goods & Services Tax Civic is not working correctly. It doesn't show all the civic options and the text is falling off. Perhaps the name should be changed to "Goods & Services Tax" so it can fit on the blue thing.

Who was the person who made this civic? I forget their name.

I made it and as far as I can tell it works perfectly with my C2C apart from the name, which you mentioned. Maybe there is some confliction with another mod? The module is completely independant though.

@strategyonly

The Goods & Services Tax Civic is not working correctly. It doesn't show all the civic options and the text is falling off. Perhaps the name should be changed to "Goods & Services Tax" so it can fit on the blue thing.

Who was the person who made this civic? I forget their name.

I made it and as far as I can tell it works perfectly with my C2C apart from the name, which you mentioned. Maybe there is some confliction with another mod? The module is completely independant though.

When all else fails, look at the TOP of the page you can also select what you want from there, thats what i do in certain cases anyways.

Top Bottom