Caveman 2 Cosmos

I play on Giant map and gamespeed - eternity,
on 2000 BC (~900 turn) I and my opponents have ~20 cities,
My Gold - +1000 per turn, Science - 700 / turn,
Goods make a lot of money, a new city 1 size far from the capital must give a big negative for gold, but I have ~0

I think - expansion in the stone age should be more strictly limited economically and by revolution mod...

If need - I give my save for better analysis

Managed to finish my first game! (I won!:king:) Playtime:66 hours:crazyeye:. Just the way it should be! :goodjob::goodjob:

Awesome! Please give details.

- What was your speed?
- What was your map size?
- What was your map type?
- What era did you end with?
- What civ did you play as?
- What was your winning setting? And what did you win with?
- Did you have revolutions on?
- Any other settings you think are important.
- Any problems you had while playing.
- Anything you enjoyed while playing.

Note anyone else can do this too if they actually won a game.

I have noticed I do not prioritize culture buildings as much after I have a certain size of my empire.

Maybe culture buildings could preq. a certain culture size do be able to build?
Or can only be bought with culture points?

too many buildings make culture, so making it more difficult to obtain or rare would be beneficial I think.

I have noticed I do not prioritize culture buildings as much after I have a certain size of my empire.

Maybe culture buildings could preq. a certain culture size do be able to build?
Or can only be bought with culture points?

too many buildings make culture, so making it more difficult to obtain or rare would be beneficial I think.

Interesting ideas. I (we) should really take more advantage of the city size requirements we can set for buildings. This may solve not only the excess culture but other factors like gold and happiness. Not sure why I did not think of this before.

Interesting ideas. I (we) should really take more advantage of the city size requirements we can set for buildings. This may solve not only the excess culture but other factors like gold and happiness. Not sure why I did not think of this before.

City size requirements, now THAT sounds interesting.
That will make up for the enormous amount of buildings too :)

Hello guys,

On the map the citys only show buildings that are from the citizens.
I mean when I build something in a city it dont show up on the map. (e.g. palisade can not been seen on the map in the citysquare)
Is this an automatic memsaver option or so or can it be turned off or on or so?

A still enjoying much the mod Werner! :)

PS tough it seems the citys create space for the buildings.

Hello guys,

On the map the citys only show buildings that are from the citizens.
I mean when I build something in a city it dont show up on the map. (e.g. palisade can not been seen on the map in the citysquare)
Is this an automatic memsaver option or so or can it be turned off or on or so?

A still enjoying much the mod Werner! :)

PS tough it seems the citys create space for the buildings.

It is done this way to reduce game turns by reducing the graphics burden. remember when Civ IV was written graphics cards with memory were new so it does not use it to best advantage.

What to you mean "lite"? Like Prehistoric era and Galactic era only? Or do you mean techs without buildings? I am just not sure what your asking. In short asking for a "lite" C2C is an oxymoron. :lol:

Lite version would be great, new tech tree and new game features but not tons of buildings.

Lite version would be great, new tech tree and new game features but not tons of buildings.

Then from what i have been reading about YOUR posts then, you go ahead and make it, just dont ruin a great mod.

Someone needs to work on the shamanism religion.

You need 18 buildings to build its "cathedral"

This is a little too much I think.

Why does it only give culture from its holy building and not gold?

It seems that when you get any another religion they give gold and culture AND unit bonuses, while shamanism gives you only culture and some food.

Someone needs to work on the shamanism religion.

You need 18 buildings to build its "cathedral"

This is a little too much I think.

Why does it only give culture from its holy building and not gold?

It seems that when you get any another religion they give gold and culture AND unit bonuses, while shamanism gives you only culture and some food.

It has 2 cathedrals, one requires 8 and the other requires 16. many people are complaining that these cathedrals are OP. ;)

Also we could maybe reduce the number of civs and leader heads

I play on Giant map and gamespeed - eternity,
on 2000 BC (~900 turn) I and my opponents have ~20 cities,
My Gold - +1000 per turn, Science - 700 / turn,
Goods make a lot of money, a new city 1 size far from the capital must give a big negative for gold, but I have ~0

Why? Because that's what vanilla Civ IV does? :/ If that far city has good resources the concept of penalty for being far from capital is outdated and overly restrictive.

I think - expansion in the stone age should be more strictly limited economically and by revolution mod...

If need - I give my save for better analysis

What about those of us that Do Not/Will Not use Rev Mod? Do you plan on forcing us to use it?

You also didn't tell what Difficulty level you play on. Are you a Deity or better player? Or a Noble/Prince type? Makes a big difference on how you look at the Mod and the game.

JosEPh :)

It is done this way to reduce game turns by reducing the graphics burden. remember when Civ IV was written graphics cards with memory were new so it does not use it to best advantage.

Thanks for the answer!
I was just wondering of this was normal. :)

I also have read here about the idea of a city must have a certain size to be able to build a specific building.
Sounds to me as a good idea. :)

Werner

Awesome! Please give details.

- What was your speed?
- What was your map size?
- What was your map type?
- What era did you end with?
- What civ did you play as?
- What was your winning setting? And what did you win with?
- Did you have revolutions on?
- Any other settings you think are important.
- Any problems you had while playing.
- Anything you enjoyed while playing.

Note anyone else can do this too if they actually won a game.

Normal Speed or standard size on Rom_Arboria. The game ended somewhere around the late Medieval era, manage to win a conquest game with 6 other civs on noble setting. Wound up playing as the Holy Roman empire but I managed to get elephant relatively early and they dominated pretty much everything for the early part of the game then I just cleaned up the two remaining civs b/c my empire was moderately large even with revolutions turned on. I had almost every optional setting turned on with the exception of the ruthless AI and the culture spread based on terrain. The only problems I had were figuring out what goods did what for me but I loved the option of building so many buildings as More is More. The only suggestion I have would be to streamline the goods system a little more, it just seems a little bit to crazed unless you know exactly what you're going for, which takes time to figure out. At any rate the prehistoric era was awesome and building an army of clubmen was highly amusing. I've got some experience playing AND but this is a whole new level on top of what AND added, two thumbs way up. :goodjob::goodjob:

Why? Because that's what vanilla Civ IV does? :/ If that far city has good resources the concept of penalty for being far from capital is outdated and overly restrictive.

What about those of us that Do Not/Will Not use Rev Mod? Do you plan on forcing us to use it?

You also didn't tell what Difficulty level you play on. Are you a Deity or better player? Or a Noble/Prince type? Makes a big difference on how you look at the Mod and the game.

JosEPh :)

On Chiefdom i have ~10 cities this ~ +100 gold/ turn,
On Monarchy ~20 cities ~1000 gold / turn.

All the ancient empire, reaching large decayed

It would be nice to tie the maximum size of the Empire to form of government

Also we could maybe reduce the number of civs and leader heads

Seriously. You just want to take out everything don't you? Why not just play AND then? Its basically what your asking for already.

Normal Speed or standard size on Rom_Arboria. The game ended somewhere around the late Medieval era, manage to win a conquest game with 6 other civs on noble setting. Wound up playing as the Holy Roman empire but I managed to get elephant relatively early and they dominated pretty much everything for the early part of the game then I just cleaned up the two remaining civs b/c my empire was moderately large even with revolutions turned on. I had almost every optional setting turned on with the exception of the ruthless AI and the culture spread based on terrain. The only problems I had were figuring out what goods did what for me but I loved the option of building so many buildings as More is More. The only suggestion I have would be to streamline the goods system a little more, it just seems a little bit to crazed unless you know exactly what you're going for, which takes time to figure out. At any rate the prehistoric era was awesome and building an army of clubmen was highly amusing. I've got some experience playing AND but this is a whole new level on top of what AND added, two thumbs way up. :goodjob::goodjob:

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoy the game. I suggest next time you try it on a slower speed to get the most out of this mod. Ideally i aim for Snail but some people think thats much to slow to play on. In short normal is not normal anymore if you want to get the most out of C2C.

As for the "goods" they are in flux right now. Once they get pinned down then i will try to set up a civpedia guide or something. Plus as you play more games you will learn what good is need for what and what building produces it.

Glad you agree that "more is more". Some people just don't get it. Thanks for the great feedback and I am glad you think its even better than AND. That means were doing our job. Have fun with future games and don't forget to adjust your options in the BUG panel since they allow for even more features such as "Terrain Damage" and "Resource Depletion" which make the game even more challenging.

Well at the moment with so much excess gold rev is sort of broken. Even with the worst civics, buildings and stuff its hard to start revolutions now. However when it is working I suggest you play with it on since it added another element to the game. I personally enjoy it, but i know others don't.

I don't really think this is realistic (or practical), because the revolutions system does this already (but realisitically) and it would require changing the gameplay entirely. The government and civic types increase or decrease the stability of the empire, and if you have a large empire (which is detrimental to stability), running a good economy and a certain government will keep your empire upright. All your city/unit maintainence usually screws your economy over (which actually decreases stability as well), causing lots of :mad: in your cities unless you know what you're doing. Changing government is part of reducing :mad: and keeping your economy running correctly. I think people much prefer the current and dynamic Revolutions system (A multiple variable system) to bluntly limiting the empire size to what form of government.
I bet people wouldn't want to have a single thing governing how they choose their government, simply because they need a larger empire, nor would they want to go into anarchy to capture a city in the middle of a a war.

As for this, if you mean your empire goes into revolt, there is a simple way to remedy this. You goto the top left corner of your ingame screen, click the red womans face, and you will go to the revolutions screen. Then you can see the variables affecting your stability of your individual cities, and your empire as a whole. (If you can't see the variables, click the right hand arrow on the bottom of the window) You can then remove these variables one by one, and see your stability slowly rise up again. All fixed.

Attachments

• Revolutions.jpg
    Revolutions.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom