Caveman 2 Cosmos

Those are Neanderthals and I would suggest you research weaving asap to get slingers, then hunting for javelineer (iirc). Also capture animals with the wanderer or scout bring them back to your city and build Animal Standard, Hunters Lodge (for Hunter line), and any other upgrade they might give like mammoth herd, etc. Neanderthals are there for a reason. ;)

JosEPh :)
I am over run by 12 of them before turn 24 on eternity.....:rolleyes: This has happened several time already. I even was able to capture 2, 3 strength beast before turn 10 and still ended up with killing 12 and having another 8 on there way.:crazyeye:

Is there any way to make it display buildings in map view? For whatever reason, mine is not showing them at all. I know about the new buildings not having graphics, but what about stuff like walls?

Update on the Great Farmer bug:
Seems it works fine even with change of Worker Speeds but anything past 115 turns to place a resource fails every time. Counter resets to zero.

Is there any way to make it display buildings in map view? For whatever reason, mine is not showing them at all. I know about the new buildings not having graphics, but what about stuff like walls?

It is done in the art defines XML. You would need to edit all of them.

Update on the Great Farmer bug:
Seems it works fine even with change of Worker Speeds but anything past 115 turns to place a resource fails every time. Counter resets to zero.

I have seen something about that elsewhere, it was to do with the size of an int and how turns are stored, as months or hours or something. So above a certian value you juts get zero.

I don't really think this is realistic (or practical), because the revolutions system does this already (but realisitically) and it would require changing the gameplay entirely. The government and civic types increase or decrease the stability of the empire, and if you have a large empire (which is detrimental to stability), running a good economy and a certain government will keep your empire upright. All your city/unit maintainence usually screws your economy over (which actually decreases stability as well), causing lots of :mad: in your cities unless you know what you're doing. Changing government is part of reducing :mad: and keeping your economy running correctly. I think people much prefer the current and dynamic Revolutions system (A multiple variable system) to bluntly limiting the empire size to what form of government.
I bet people wouldn't want to have a single thing governing how they choose their government, simply because they need a larger empire, nor would they want to go into anarchy to capture a city in the middle of a a war.

As for this, if you mean your empire goes into revolt, there is a simple way to remedy this. You goto the top left corner of your ingame screen, click the red womans face, and you will go to the revolutions screen. Then you can see the variables affecting your stability of your individual cities, and your empire as a whole. (If you can't see the variables, click the right hand arrow on the bottom of the window) You can then remove these variables one by one, and see your stability slowly rise up again. All fixed.

I have built almost all the buildings to increase happiness and I have almost no angry people. Cities and Empire stability also very high

I play on Deity difficulty in original C2C vs 12.
Is there any way to make Revolution Mod more strong - like in "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization" ?

I see what is happening(I think). It's like there is something that sets a display priority for stuff. Any idea where that might be? I tried doing worldbuilder on turn 1 to place a walls around my village, and it worked. Then I tried it on turnn 500 or so, and it would not display. I also built a palisade for a first building in a city, then, after a few hundred turns and lots of buildings, the palisade disappeared.

I think I found the problem. It's the modular buildings in modular/hydro/buildings (or thereabouts). Using Worldbuilder I set walls on a city on turn one, then tried each other building in the city, together, to see what would make the walls disappear. On Boneworker's hut and Seamstress' hut it disappeared, so I tried it without all the other buildings, and walls still vanished. I'm going through making all the fvisibilitypriority in buildinginfos in that modular folder from whatever to 0.0.

I have seen something about that elsewhere, it was to do with the size of an int and how turns are stored, as months or hours or something. So above a certian value you juts get zero.
Ah... makes sense actually. So the quick and easy fix is then to reduce the base time it takes by about half (that'd clear up most problems and I think it takes too long anyhow)

I see what is happening(I think). It's like there is something that sets a display priority for stuff. Any idea where that might be? I tried doing worldbuilder on turn 1 to place a walls around my village, and it worked. Then I tried it on turnn 500 or so, and it would not display. I also built a palisade for a first building in a city, then, after a few hundred turns and lots of buildings, the palisade disappeared.

I think I found the problem. It's the modular buildings in modular/hydro/buildings (or thereabouts). Using Worldbuilder I set walls on a city on turn one, then tried each other building in the city, together, to see what would make the walls disappear. On Boneworker's hut and Seamstress' hut it disappeared, so I tried it without all the other buildings, and walls still vanished. I'm going through making all the fvisibilitypriority in buildinginfos in that modular folder from whatever to 0.0.

This seems to have fixed the problem.

I think Hydro might want to take a look at this: Here is a description:

Tag Name Description
fVisibilityPriority

Used to give certain buildings priority when drawing them on the map. Most buildings have a value of 1.0, but the Aqueduct, for example, as a value of 10240000.0 in order to ensure that it is always drawn first.

So buildings that have no NIF's should be 0.0, all the ones that do should be 1.0, if i am reading this correctly.

EDIT: OK i re-did alot of the buildings in the modules area, and yes the building do appear now, thx for info. Try the attached i think i got most of them.

@strategyonly

Arg! I was about to do an update. :(

These now conflict. Grrr. Now i have to redo stuff.

Do the update, no biggy, i can handle what you dont want to.

@strategyonly

Here is a premature update. Next time please warn me if you are going to edit files in the "Hydro" folder. Please assume I always have a more up to date version of those files since I fix bugs as i test. I had only just started adding more buildings so don't expect too much from this update.

HydroC2C17c Changes
- Palisade Wall NIF change (as requested by SO).
- Moved Aquarium to Marine Biology tech.
- Added DH's "Goods" support for Herd buildings.
- Fixed Mineral Buildings that did not give "Goods" (ex. Stone Quarry now gives Good (Stone))
- Added 4 NEW National Reserve buildings.
- Many Minor Tweaks.

Strategyonly please use this update and fix the changes you did before again. I will add them to my file and then do yet another update so we are all on the same page. Thanks.

The i can continue to work on my next update.

@strategyonly

Here is a premature update. Next time please warn me if you are going to edit files in the "Hydro" folder. Please assume I always have a more up to date version of those files since I fix bugs as i test. I had only just started adding more buildings so don't expect too much from this update.

HydroC2C17c Changes
- Palisade Wall NIF change (as requested by SO).
- Moved Aquarium to Marine Biology tech.
- Added DH's "Goods" support for Herd buildings.
- Fixed Mineral Buildings that did not give "Goods" (ex. Stone Quarry now gives Good (Stone))
- Added 4 NEW National Reserve buildings.
- Many Minor Tweaks.

Strategyonly please use this update and fix the changes you did before again. I will add them to my file and then do yet another update so we are all on the same page. Thanks.

The i can continue to work on my next update.

Hydro, is this only for Strategyonly? Unlike his update above, I don't see a file here.

I do experience that I have alot of gold early on.
I am in the classical era now and I have 400 gold per turn.

Maybe each unit should cost +1 food and +1 gold per turn and if you are going to make use of a resource f.ex stone, then you need a building that will cost you gold per turn to enable it. Not +1 or so, but a fixed % instead.

This would fix the tons of units roaming around and the huge surplus of cash you have.

After searching around some for the mechanic that causes WLTK or for the effect of it, I've realized I have no idea where to look. :)

If there's an option that can affect when it comes or something, I'm going to try and turn it off. Otherwise, if anyone knows where to find this, I'll try to chase it down if you give me a direction.

So I found the GlobalDefines thing We love the king rand and minpopulation, so I'm pretty sure I can turn it off. I may have missed something, though, as some smaller cities lost their graphics, too. I'm wondering if this isn't a problem with the wonders. It could simply be the same problem repeated. I've noticed that my wonders generally don't show as well, but I'm not sure. I'll do some more checking.

I Installed this fantastic mod yesterday and played until around 5000BC without any obvious bugs or other major problems.
<Today I wanted to continue, but upon reloading any savegame, I cannot see my units on the map anymore. They still exist, I can select and move them, but there is no unit visible on the map.>
EDIT: :blush: there is a button...
Everything else seems fine...

Top Bottom