Caveman 2 Cosmos

Just finished my GST module. Need to play test it tonight, but it seems to work in the civilopedia ok, images, description, name etc all appear correctly. If it works, I'll pm SO with the attachment

Just finished my GST module. Need to play test it tonight, but it seems to work in the civilopedia ok, images, description, name etc all appear correctly. If it works, I'll pm SO with the attachment

That's great news. Glad to see a new contributor to C2C. The team seems to be growing all the time. Now if I could just get Civ_Fuhrer to get back to work on the Astropedia we would be in business.

Then it is OK if I can build a Aqueduct and then a Hamman, or build the Piazza San Marco and can also build Forums???

Heres the GST module. No attachments in pm :crazyeye:
It's been tweaked from my original design, for adjustability, balancing and realism

Details:
Spoiler :
No GST (+2 Happy)

5% Rate (+5% tax increase)

10% Rate (+1 Anger, 10% tax increase,)

20% Rate (+2 Anger 20% tax increase)

30% Rate (+3 Anger 30% tax increase)

40% Rate (+4 Anger, 40% tax increase, -5% Productivity)

50% Rate (+5 Anger, 50% tax increase, -5% Productivity, +1 increase in national instability)

60% Rate (+6 Anger, 60% tax increase, -5% Productivity, +1 increase in national instability)

70% Rate (+7 Anger, 70% tax increase, -10% Productivity, +2 increase in national instability)

80% Rate (+8 Anger, 80% tax increase, -10% Productivity, +2 increase in national instability, +1 sick)

90% Rate (+9 Anger, 90% tax increase, -10% Productivity, +3 increase in national instability, +2 sick)

100% Rate (+10 Anger, 100% tax increase, -15% Productivity, +4 increase in national instability, +2 sick)

EDIT: Finalised code.

Attachments

• VineFynn.zip
    47.3 KB · Views: 55
Guys, I have a problem...I reached a freezing point. However, it's different than those that occurred before. After I would change the turn, I just get some stuff happening and then "Waiting for other civlizations" while I can actually scroll all over the map and click stuff around, click the menus, open saves, enter exit world builder. What could that be?
I will attach my savegame..It's version 12

Attachments

• Sadam AD-1715-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
I installed my Civ 4 into a folder under C and now am having a bit of trouble getting your mod running. It won't seem to let the ini run properly for some reason. Tried running it under admin. Healz.

I've just noticed that the Slavery civic gives a :) for each other civilization that doesn't have it. Is this right?
If you want me to, I can edit the CIV4CivicInfo.xml to reflect the opposite and maybe increase the rebelliousness in some of the civics if they seem to meager, as per Hydro's suggestion.
If there's a new civic someone would like to suggest, I'll look into it!

Incense, for example, was certainly in use LONG before a civilization gains the ability to create an incense plantation. Same for Spices, Sugar, and Bananas. These should all be contributory in some way even in prehistoric times.
I can see what you're saying.
Just did some research here, and most of the evidence dates back to the ancient world, and hypotheses go back further.
The early tech tree has a few techs like Herbalism and Gathering that should activate the gathering of such things as Incense, Spice and Bananas. My picture of things is that the Seed camp improvement doesn't use any resources (though I'm not sure want Gather Grains means), rather just gives yield bonuses. Maybe it should activate the use of things such as Wheat, Corn and Rice, and Herbalism should reveal Incense and Spice in addition to the other resources. The Scavenging camp improvement should be allowed to gather these resources (and the other Herbalism revealed resources) when it is researched through the tech Scavenging, that way when Herbalism is researched, you can use Incense, Spice, Tea and Tobacco with the Scavenging camp.
Do what you will, Just my two cents.
Sorry for the double post.
Edit: Tweaked a stat in 60% GST so it's no longer -1 health, so you should probably do that too.

I can see what you're saying.
Just did some research here, and most of the evidence dates back to the ancient world, and hypotheses go back further.
The early tech tree has a few techs like Herbalism and Gathering that should activate the gathering of such things as Incense, Spice and Bananas. My picture of things is that the Seed camp improvement doesn't use any resources (though I'm not sure want Gather Grains means), rather just gives yield bonuses. Maybe it should activate the use of things such as Wheat, Corn and Rice, and Herbalism should reveal Incense and Spice in addition to the other resources. The Scavenging camp improvement should be allowed to gather these resources (and the other Herbalism revealed resources) when it is researched through the tech Scavenging, that way when Herbalism is researched, you can use Incense, Spice, Tea and Tobacco with the Scavenging camp.
Do what you will, Just my two cents.
Sorry for the double post.

Doesn't quite work that way. Seed Camp does give access to the grains and potatoes. It upgrades to farm. Scavenger camp gives access to deer, ivory and bison upgrades to Hunting camp. Nomadic herds gives access to all the other animal resources and upgrades to pasture.

It was originally designed that way because I thought hat upgrade paths had been implemented for all resources but it has only been done for mines. I have asked Afforess if he would do it for all. It would make things easier. However you need a straight line at the moment, no branches, so you can't have seed camp upgrading to farm or orchard or plantation.

The other minor problem is that improvements consume gatherers but not workers. To do that you need to have a different improvement defined for the worker and the gatherer. This doubles the number of improvements.;) This is why we have Wood gatherer and Lumberjack upgrading (or not) to Lumber mill. All the traces and tests I have done show that these are upgrading it is just not really happening. - Known bug that is bugging me. I think I have fixed it in my latest update.

you can't have seed camp upgrading to farm or orchard or plantation.
So would the solution be an additional improvement such as a Herb Gatherer's or something similar that upgrades to plantation? I don't think there's a previous improvement before the Plantation.

Guys I think you should continue to focus your attention on improving AI. How often I see that nearby nation - stronger than me has a lot of units, but... Most of them are for example battering rams and town watchmen and although we are at war and he could have easily built an offensive army, gather it together and crush me, he won't do it. He will just make town watchmen together with defensive units or battering rams and store them in his cities and wait till I come to take him down... I think AI should build more offensive units instead of defensive and more importantly - be actually able to take them out of its cities and go beyond its borders.
I remember some time ago, when I was playing vanilla Bts and sometimes I couldn't wonder more when one turn I spotted like 100(s) of units at my border, turn after that they declared war to me and tried to take my cities. If they were not successful they called their friend and they was attacking together in waves with dozens or hundreds of units. Sometimes it was annoying, but it was also fun. This crusades however don't happen in C2C and AI still requires a lot of improvement to became competitive.

Guys, I have a problem...I reached a freezing point. However, it's different than those that occurred before. After I would change the turn, I just get some stuff happening and then "Waiting for other civlizations" while I can actually scroll all over the map and click stuff around, click the menus, open saves, enter exit world builder. What could that be?
I will attach my savegame..It's version 12

Hey, did anyone make any attempt on my savegame? I really want to continue my game...:(

Please, can anybody help me?

I downloaded this mod today, but when I activate it and the game restarts, it immediately crashes to desktop. I use Civ IV Ultimate with Patch 3.19 and my system matches the requirements, I found at the first page. I've searched inside this thread for hours without finding a solution.

I can build the aquarium from the start of the game. While it's nice, I don't think it is intended.

When I start a game with this mod, the difficulty of the game increases every 50 turns, but I didn't enable increasing difficulty.

What's going on here?

Variable difficulty is in the bug menu now and it is on by default.

Please, can anybody help me?

I downloaded this mod today, but when I activate it and the game restarts, it immediately crashes to desktop. I use Civ IV Ultimate with Patch 3.19 and my system matches the requirements, I found at the first page. I've searched inside this thread for hours without finding a solution.

The ONLY way it would crash is if you changed the name, put it in the wrong folder area. This is one of the most stable mods on CFC.

When I start a game with this mod, the difficulty of the game increases every 50 turns, but I didn't enable increasing difficulty.

What's going on here?

Flexible Difficulty is on be default. Like he said above, go into the "Lady Bug" (top left corner of the mod and change what you really want there, almost everything is an option.

btw guys, Welcome to CFC, and trying this Great mod.:)

Top Bottom