Caveman 2 Cosmos

Guys, I have a problem...I reached a freezing point. However, it's different than those that occurred before. After I would change the turn, I just get some stuff happening and then "Waiting for other civlizations" while I can actually scroll all over the map and click stuff around, click the menus, open saves, enter exit world builder. What could that be?
I will attach my savegame..It's version 12

I have not been able to replicate your error. I have been able to get to the next turn but I then crash with a memory problem. Nothing strange shows up in the logs when I enable them either. Have you tried deleting the cache when loading civ? It is a long shot but easy to do.

Maybe someone else can help.

Hey, guys!

First of all, a great compliment for all! This mod is great! I was playing the former version of C2C and everything was right perfect (with some of my added modules)! Now I wanted to play the version from the 26th May, but I get an "No Interface" problem: I've done, what I was told.

I use Windows 7 and Intel Core i3-370M.
First checked the direction and used the "CvAltRoot" like the ROM Readme said. It didn't change a thing. I think the root from Civ.ini in “My Games” looks okay. When I start BTS pure, I have the full Interface.
Then I was trying the "regedt32"-solution: my path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 – Beyond the Sword and then there to Versions (I don't know if it has something to do with it) named „3.01“ and „3.19“.
I think it has something to do with the BUG Mode:
When a start a „Custom Game“, the Log says, that it can't initialize BugUtil, that's why I looked at the PythonErrLog, that I will attach you in this post.

I was trying to understand the BUG-Issues-Thread and the „Source Forge“, but I'm not good professionalized in that stuff.

I really want to play this Mod, it's the best I've ever seen! I like those huge, almost perfect and big Mods like ROM and now, C2C!

It would be very kind, if someone of you could be able to help an old Civ-addict.

Thanks and grazie mille for your support!

Attachments

• Python Erroro.txt
    11 KB · Views: 55
Hey, guys!

First of all, a great compliment for all! This mod is great! I was playing the former version of C2C and everything was right perfect (with some of my added modules)! Now I wanted to play the version from the 26th May, but I get an "No Interface" problem: I've done, what I was told.

I use Windows 7 and Intel Core i3-370M.
First checked the direction and used the "CvAltRoot" like the ROM Readme said. It didn't change a thing. I think the root from Civ.ini in “My Games” looks okay. When I start BTS pure, I have the full Interface.
Then I was trying the "regedt32"-solution: my path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 – Beyond the Sword and then there to Versions (I don't know if it has something to do with it) named „3.01“ and „3.19“.
I think it has something to do with the BUG Mode:
When a start a „Custom Game“, the Log says, that it can't initialize BugUtil, that's why I looked at the PythonErrLog, that I will attach you in this post.

I was trying to understand the BUG-Issues-Thread and the „Source Forge“, but I'm not good professionalized in that stuff.

I really want to play this Mod, it's the best I've ever seen! I like those huge, almost perfect and big Mods like ROM and now, C2C!

It would be very kind, if someone of you could be able to help an old Civ-addict.

Thanks and grazie mille for your support!

Usually a no interface problem means an error somewhere in the Python sometimes caused by a bad install and sometimes by bad Python mods. Did you just install C2C v12? Did it work before you added your mods? If it did not work with just v12 then, assuming you did install with the correct privalages, I would think it is a bad install, which may mean a bad download. :(

I am sure that file you included must be useful sometime but i have not figured out when the PythonError.log is ever useful. It as too many errors which don't mean anything or are false positives...

Hello, I'm new to this mod and I while I thought I set everything in BTS options as I want them, and the same goes for this mod, I just had my first unit get involved in battle with an animal and it auto-promoted to assume woodsman I. How can I make my promotion manual again? I would presume there is a setting for this in the mod, but I didn't seem to find one. Thanks.

Hello, I'm new to this mod and I while I thought I set everything in BTS options as I want them, and the same goes for this mod, I just had my first unit get involved in battle with an animal and it auto-promoted to assume woodsman I. How can I make my promotion manual again? I would presume there is a setting for this in the mod, but I didn't seem to find one. Thanks.

I don't think that's auto-promoting. Sometimes in battle based on how you fight you get promoted. I am not sure if it counts against your units experience or not. For instance if you fought in the forest and won you might get Woodsman I as a reward for winning. This is a RoM/AND feature i believe.

Combat promotions are in addition to the manual ones. I think they are "gifts" which don't affect the getting of exp. They can be tuned off in the BUG options screen RoM or C2C tag right hand side.

Great, guys. Nice to hear I got a freebie then. Thanks. I looked into Dancing Hoskuld's C2C suggestion and in a way it is an auto-promote button if left clicked on, because as it is described, it seems to suggest that if you had left it off, your XP would jump instead of getting a promotion. IOW, getting XP instead, allows you to choose the promotion.

Usually a no interface problem means an error somewhere in the Python sometimes caused by a bad install and sometimes by bad Python mods. Did you just install C2C v12? Did it work before you added your mods? If it did not work with just v12 then, assuming you did install with the correct privalages, I would think it is a bad install, which may mean a bad download. :(

I am sure that file you included must be useful sometime but i have not figured out when the PythonError.log is ever useful. It as too many errors which don't mean anything or are false positives...

Hm... my "Mods" were working with the former version of C2C, but I will try to download the mod again und figure out, if it works with an without my Mods and let you know my results!

Thanks a lot!

Ps. I love your changed Religions - they're terrific!

Hm... my "Mods" were working with the former version of C2C, but I will try to download the mod again und figure out, if it works with an without my Mods and let you know my results!

Thanks a lot!

Ps. I love your changed Religions - they're terrific!

So what are these extra mods and do I want them too? :)

Read the strategy guide on this: I think it's called "Occasional Promotions".

I was trying to think of a good analogy of the diffrences between AND and C2C and this is what I came up with ...

Vanilla Civ4 = Cup of Water
BTS = Glass of Water
RoM = Fish Bowl of Water
AND = Aquarium of Water
C2C = Bath Tub of Water
Future C2C = Swimming Pool of Water

But what is the difference between a glass and a cup? ;) In many vernaculars they are interchangeable :) Instead of "Glass", maybe "Pitcher"?

@strategyonly

In the modders only version I ran into a problem. For some reason when i tell a scout to go "auto explore" it jut runs back to the home city. Are they too scared to explore now? :lol:

But what is the difference between a glass and a cup? ;) In many vernaculars they are interchangeable :) Instead of "Glass", maybe "Pitcher"?

That was the point. There is not much difference between BTS and Vanilla.

Judging by my current game, if I were a scout I'D be afraid to explore. There's Neanderthals EVERYWHERE! (And it's still earlier than 9,000BC.) I can barely move a unit outside of my cultural borders without getting mugged by them...

This is not a complaint....it's just far more than I've seen previously or expected. And no, I don't have "raging barbarians" activated. I just fear the time when they decide to cross the borders...

strategyonly said:
The ONLY way it would crash is if you changed the name, put it in the wrong folder area. This is one of the most stable mods on CFC.

The Mod is installed in Folder P:\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods next to all the preinstalled ones: Next War etc. I didn't change the name of the folder. I unzipped the Mod directly to the folder P:\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods and tested it right after. But only crashs occured. :(

The Mod is installed in Folder P:\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods next to all the preinstalled ones: Next War etc. I didn't change the name of the folder. I unzipped the Mod directly to the folder P:\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods and tested it right after. But only crashs occured. :(
This seems like a memory error. If you have to wait before the game starts up (loading stuff onto RAM), and then it crashes, that probably means C2C doesnt have enough memory avaliable. It can use up to 1.5 GB at some points.

I've noticed before that if you're too close to your borders or are within them that auto options tend to bring them back to stay within borders (auto-hunt/auto-explore.) Been like that for a while.

I have not been able to replicate your error. I have been able to get to the next turn but I then crash with a memory problem. Nothing strange shows up in the logs when I enable them either. Have you tried deleting the cache when loading civ? It is a long shot but easy to do.

Maybe someone else can help.

How can I delete the cash?

This seems like a memory error. If you have to wait before the game starts up (loading stuff onto RAM), and then it crashes, that probably means C2C doesnt have enough memory avaliable. It can use up to 1.5 GB at some points.

I use Windows XP and have 2.3 GB RAM physical memory free. Should be enough.

Top Bottom