Caveman 2 Cosmos

I'd like to suggest that Scouts be altered to allow them to attack units, even if it's just animals. Wanderers can attack, and so can Hunters/Rangers. Why can't Scouts? (Rhetorical - I know that it's because they can't in vanilla.) This inability makes no sense for a mod like C2C.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is for me to have my Scout chasing around a Bison, hoping it will decide to attack me. But some animals never attack - Orangutans, for one. Apparently Bison are another.

Scouts can't because they are on the same line of units as explorers and adventurers, they explore but don't attack.

Hunters/Rangers, and also Trackers, are on a different line of units that can attack. The Wanderer seems to be caught in the middle of them and can still attack (though being as weak as they are it makes no real difference).

I'm ok with it. Once an animal that can place the Master Hunter building in your city is subdued you can upgrade a scout to or train a Tracker and attack those animals to your hearts contents.

I'd support the idea of such 'defensive units' being given the ability to attack animals only while maintaining their 'defensive' status in border affairs... I only wonder if it would slow the game significantly to add a check for what kind of unit you're looking at attacking vs the current yes can attack vs no, can't attack simplicity.

@ DH & SO

In the modder's version I see the kelp in the civpedia but not in the game. I play on PW2. Note that it showed up before on PW2 when i downloaded it before this update.

On the issue of the Scouts not attacking, why is the Wanderer able to attack? I don't think it should, only the Tracker/Hunter/Ranger should be able to, not the Wanderer/Scout/Explorer ones.

I use Windows XP and have 2.3 GB RAM physical memory free. Should be enough.
I had 2 GB on my laptop (XP SP3) and loading RoM (the base for AND which is the base for C2C) and I had frequent crashes and was unable to load the two extra map sizes.
You should put your specs on your profile for further reference, it helps modders figure some problems :)

@ DH & SO

In the modder's version I see the kelp in the civpedia but not in the game. I play on PW2. Note that it showed up before on PW2 when i downloaded it before this update.

On the issue of the Scouts not attacking, why is the Wanderer able to attack? I don't think it should, only the Tracker/Hunter/Ranger should be able to, not the Wanderer/Scout/Explorer ones.

Why do you want wanderers to NOT attack, with there 0 defense (almost) there are really there only to kill animals?

btw Its my "Birthday" [party]

Okay, fine, I can accept that certain units in the Scout/Explorer line are unable to attack; I know that if they could it almost certainly could/would be abused.

In reply, let me then request that the animals that DO NOT attack be altered so that they do so. Orangutans, Bison, perhaps some others definitely ignore anything nearby and just move around randomly.

Are these non-aggressive animals deliberately scripted to avoid attacking or is this some by-product of the mod that created them? I'd be interested to hear the rationale regarding that.

Happy Birthday, SO.

Okay, fine, I can accept that certain units in the Scout/Explorer line are unable to attack; I know that if they could it almost certainly could/would be abused.

In reply, let me then request that the animals that DO NOT attack be altered so that they do so. Orangutans, Bison, perhaps some others definitely ignore anything nearby and just move around randomly.

Are these non-aggressive animals deliberately scripted to avoid attacking or is this some by-product of the mod that created them? I'd be interested to hear the rationale regarding that.

Happy Birthday, SO.

I have no idea why some animals attack and others don't. For example penguins will always attach but bison wont. Since I don't know why some do and some don't I can't "fix" it.

I have no idea why some animals attack and others don't. For example penguins will always attach but bison wont. Since I don't know why some do and some don't I can't "fix" it.

My guess is how you have the animals tag
<Class>UNITCLASS_SUBDUED_BISON</Class>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ENGINEER</DefaultUnitAI>
etc.

<Class>UNITCLASS_PENGUIN</Class>
<Combat>UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL</Combat>
etc.
is why Bison does not attack if You have bison made like the penguin it will attack

My guess is how you have the animals tag
<Class>UNITCLASS_SUBDUED_BISON</Class>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ENGINEER</DefaultUnitAI>
etc.

<Combat>UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL</Combat>
etc.
is why Bison does not attack if You have bison made like the penguin it will attack

No that is not it. :( All wild animals have DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ANIMAL</DefaultUnitAI> and all subdued animals have <DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ENGINEER</DefaultUnitAI>. Just checked. ;)

<Combat>UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL</Combat> controls what promotions a unit can get and all animals both wild and subdued have it.

Guys, I started a new game and it also froze :(:(:(

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    739.1 KB · Views: 60
<Class>UNITCLASS_LION</Class>
<bOnlyDefensive>0</bOnlyDefensive>

<Class>UNITCLASS_BISON</Class>
<bOnlyDefensive>1</bOnlyDefensive>

<Class>UNITCLASS_ORANGUTAN</Class>

Simple enough as far as I can see?

<Class>UNITCLASS_LION</Class>

<Class>UNITCLASS_BISON</Class>

<Class>UNITCLASS_ORANGUTAN</Class>

Simple enough as far as I can see?

Doh! When adding that tag value into the subdued animals I must have done it to some of the wild animals also. Thanks for that.

Guys, I started a new game and it also froze :(:(:(
Did you clear the cache? What are your specs? Have you made any independent changes of your own to the mod?
By freeze, do you mean the application freezes, CTDs or your computer freezes?
You should probably stick the specs on your profile.

So what are these extra mods and do I want them too? :)

You're a f*** genius! The problem was some of my added religions (not that specialized like yours!) were causing the problem! In fact I took some religions from the "Total War Mod", that I found very interesting und added them into ROM and now C2C (like Biocentrism, Mormon (not from "Total War"), etc.). I like having a great variety of religions, that's why I added them. I also modded "The Female Great Persons", "Female Soldiers", "Amazons" and "Holy Wars"... I "created" a few new units and warfare vehicles - that's it. Oh, and your Tea mod.

There are a lot of good ideas in "Total War", unfortunately the "BAD allocation failure" was never solved correctly, I think. In fact, I like his "diseases"-ideas and the huge variety of having vassal states (colony, commonwealth, puppet state...) and I will try to get it in into a mod like C2C, and hope to make it work well.

So, that's it!

Thank you, DancingHoskuld, for your great and quick support!!! ;)

You're a f*** genius! The problem was some of my added religions (not that specialized like yours!) were causing the problem! In fact I took some religions from the "Total War Mod", that I found very interesting und added them into ROM and now C2C (like Biocentrism, Mormon (not from "Total War"), etc.). I like having a great variety of religions, that's why I added them. I also modded "The Female Great Persons", "Female Soldiers", "Amazons" and "Holy Wars"... I "created" a few new units and warfare vehicles - that's it. Oh, and your Tea mod.

There are a lot of good ideas in "Total War", unfortunately the "BAD allocation failure" was never solved correctly, I think. In fact, I like his "diseases"-ideas and the huge variety of having vassal states (colony, commonwealth, puppet state...) and I will try to get it in into a mod like C2C, and hope to make it work well.

So, that's it!

Thank you, DancingHoskuld, for your great and quick support!!! ;)

There is Mormon in C2C, but I am not happy with it. Maybe I will pillage the "Total War" mod. I am working on a disease mod but the only one I have seen was based on diseases as religions and that does not work well with inquasitions.

There was an attempt to get "Holy Wars" into RoM but it was very biased towards Christianity.

There is Mormon in C2C, but I am not happy with it. Maybe I will pillage the "Total War" mod. I am working on a disease mod but the only one I have seen was based on diseases as religions and that does not work well with inquasitions.

There was an attempt to get "Holy Wars" into RoM but it was very biased towards Christianity.

Pillaging the "Total War" mod is a good idea... I will try to make the "Vassal"-Varieties modular... Cross fingers!

Good luck!:)

The Homepage is still online... but inactive I think!

http://www.civilization-totalwar.com/index.php

Did you clear the cache? What are your specs? Have you made any independent changes of your own to the mod?
By freeze, do you mean the application freezes, CTDs or your computer freezes?
You should probably stick the specs on your profile.

I did clear the cache. My game just froze after i changed turn..and Civ 4 goes "not responding"
I play standard map with 9 civs..barbarians on..revolutions off. Everyone has around 6 towns. Nothing so cumbersome for the system. It's classical era. I haven't made any changes to the game whatsoever.

My specs are as follows:

Ram 4gb
Win 7 64 bit
Intel E7400 Core Duo 2.8ghz
GeForce 9500 GT 1 gb

did u attempt the savegame

Top Bottom