Caveman 2 Cosmos

I was wondering if you could add to the list of 'dig sites' available with paleontology/ archaeology to include city ruins? As in Dig site- ancient ruins (requires city ruins in city radius)
I always save city ruins so I can get treasures, and it doesn't make sense that the only source of ancient relics never had any barbarian or any other culture on it until I settled there, I think.
Or maybe a building that requires city ruins in the city radius and gives a Ancient Relics resource

That depends totally on who you ask really. Me I'd say air units are a new kind of development and not at all a "new cavalry". If it were one could also go the way of saying that all units are a "new something". Tanks are the "new stone throwers", Sheriffs are the "new wanderers", and so on. Air units and cavalry have different roles and thus aren't similar, same goes with tanks and cavalry.
I'd rather see certain upgrades possible but not pushing through totally different types. Everything needs a starting point and air units I feel should be newly built, not upgraded to.
Same goes for all types of engine propelled units. Longbowmen to Tanks is as wrong as Cavalry to Tanks, even though they are closer in "spirit", or in role.

Cheers

at 3800 kbytes my game crashes it has done this for three games in a row, at first it just stopped i lefft it overnight and it never started to work, then i started over in a new game and at 3800 kb it crashed and i got a windows not responding message, now on my third attempt at 3800 it just closes, no message just shuts down plz help

Please post in the v20 Crashes and Bug thread. As save game would also help. And if you are using the SVN version the minidump file too.

If you are using the Main D/L v20, then upgrade with the Patch in the Patch Thread.

JosEPh :)

I was wondering if you could add to the list of 'dig sites' available with paleontology/ archaeology to include city ruins? As in Dig site- ancient ruins (requires city ruins in city radius)
I always save city ruins so I can get treasures, and it doesn't make sense that the only source of ancient relics never had any barbarian or any other culture on it until I settled there, I think.
Or maybe a building that requires city ruins in the city radius and gives a Ancient Relics resource

City Ruins and Ancient Relics are 2 separate things. Ancient Relics area resource while city ruins I believe are a terrain feature.

so... played for days. Now near our final epic war looming. However it now ctd every time on a combat event handler. Every time we end this turn on this save I uploaded it CTD. Its when the cpu goes and the British move part way in future era. So we are sad not to be able to finish this game :(((
This is with the CvGameCoreDLL.dll from January that came with v20. Ill try a different dll and see if that helps

Also worth noting problem with a10 in not being able to hit anything but land. Also the guided missiles in being able to use them or load them into subs and missile cruisers.. Also Japan doesn't have ww2 carriers and battleships so they have to wait until modern era.

Tried newer dll and still cant play :(

Just pushed a fix to this crash to the SVN. Issue was caused by a builing being cerated by someone (not sure which player) that had team benefits, resulting in a crash because the building-effects-to-team-members code wasn't handling the presence of a dead team member.

Just to clarify the test I did (since this was a multi-player game so I am probably not reproducing quite the same circumstances as you):

1) Start LAN game
2) Load from your save
3) Choose Japan
4) Launch (leave the other human player spot unfilled for the purpsoes of the test)

Crash occurs at this point before the fix. After the fix this loads fine, and I was able to play a couple of turns without problems, so hopefully it is the saem issue that you were seeing.

Fix is on the SVN now anyway - let me know...

Just pushed a fix to this crash to the SVN. Issue was caused by a builing being cerated by someone (not sure which player) that had team benefits, resulting in a crash because the building-effects-to-team-members code wasn't handling the presence of a dead team member.

Just to clarify the test I did (since this was a multi-player game so I am probably not reproducing quite the same circumstances as you):

1) Start LAN game
2) Load from your save
3) Choose Japan
4) Launch (leave the other human player spot unfilled for the purpsoes of the test)

Crash occurs at this point before the fix. After the fix this loads fine, and I was able to play a couple of turns without problems, so hopefully it is the same issue that you were seeing.

Ok how do I get the svn version? and thankyou so much. Ill take a look to try and find the SVN. I would love to finish the game. I think the team would be Britan because it had a team mate India that got squashed by China.

Ok how do I get the svn version? and thankyou so much. Ill take a look to try and find the SVN. I would love to finish the game. I think the team would be Britan because it had a team mate India that got squashed by China.

This thread has instructions in the first post on how to set up the SVN version of C2C.

City Ruins and Ancient Relics are 2 separate things. Ancient Relics area resource while city ruins I believe are a terrain feature.

I understand that, but you would most likely find relics near ancient battle sites, right? From a logical point of view, it makes sense to have an archaeological dig site for city ruins at least

1) Start LAN game
2) Load from your save
3) Choose Japan

Crash occurs at this point before the fix. After the fix this loads fine, and I was able to play a couple of turns without problems, so hopefully it is the saem issue that you were seeing.

Ok I got the Svn version and it is working now. Thankyou!!!

so I got the mod and started as england, now every second action, technology, or building cause the game to crash. I tried restarting as a diffrent faction but the game crashes before it can start a new game. what is causing this and how can I fix it?

so I got the mod and started as england, now every second action, technology, or building cause the game to crash. I tried restarting as a diffrent faction but the game crashes before it can start a new game. what is causing this and how can I fix it?

Post a Minidump and Koshling can take a look at it.

EDIT: Welcome to CFC.

I understand that, but you would most likely find relics near ancient battle sites, right? From a logical point of view, it makes sense to have an archaeological dig site for city ruins at least

As it stands we can't. City Ruins are an improvement. If they were a feature they would destroy/replace forest, rock forms, oasies, caves, coconuts etc. If they were resources they would replace horses, iron or what ever is on the plot. So having them as an improvement is the least damaging.

I suppose we could make them a bonus and only have ruins if there is not a bonus already on the plot. That would reduce the number of them occurring.

From a game point of view you cannot have a resource OR improvement. You can have it require both but not either/or. Which is why the random treasure event from city ruins can instantly make you a museum.

Another thing, for the generic Great Prophet quote, instead of "Amen, brother!" I think this will be a good one: "A great prophet has risen in our midst; God has spoken to his people!"
EDIT: Yes it is in the Bible, and I thought that was just awesome :D

That depends totally on who you ask really. Me I'd say air units are a new kind of development and not at all a "new cavalry". If it were one could also go the way of saying that all units are a "new something". Tanks are the "new stone throwers", Sheriffs are the "new wanderers", and so on. Air units and cavalry have different roles and thus aren't similar, same goes with tanks and cavalry.
I'd rather see certain upgrades possible but not pushing through totally different types. Everything needs a starting point and air units I feel should be newly built, not upgraded to.
Same goes for all types of engine propelled units. Longbowmen to Tanks is as wrong as Cavalry to Tanks, even though they are closer in "spirit", or in role.

Cheers

I think the player should be given the choice. Since units involving horses end at that point, offer the player the option to upgrade to either helicopters, tanks, or mechanized infantry.

I was trying to figure out why I couldn't found Sid's Sushi... I checked the settings and it didn't say that I had the 'realistic corporations' turned on, save attached.
View attachment Aztec.CivBeyondSwordSave

oh yeah I completely forgot I was running Marxism :p thanks

Top Bottom