Caveman 2 Cosmos

Where exactly do I install the new Civilizations and the Leaderheads? :confused: I'm not completely sure.

I don't believe they work with this mod, at least not anymore. Back on V6 I tried to get them to run, figuring if they are linked in the first post they must be compatible, but after a couple hours of XML errors and crashes I gave up. I think they were just left in there from a (very) early version that was still close enough to RoM/AND to be compatible.

I don't believe they work with this mod, at least not anymore. Back on V6 I tried to get them to run, figuring if they are linked in the first post they must be compatible, but after a couple hours of XML errors and crashes I gave up. I think they were just left in there from a (very) early version that was still close enough to RoM/AND to be compatible.

Ah, ok, gotcha. ]:

I'm using them without any trouble... but then again, I haven't downloaded them in a while and am using an older version, just porting them over with every update.

I'm using them without any trouble... but then again, I haven't downloaded them in a while and am using an older version, just porting them over with every update.

Thats exactly what i wanted, thx.;)

It crashes every time an animal attempts to capture another animal.

That's odd... I'm not having that problem but I didn't get all the recent updates into play either because we have a good game going. So if you did, please note that here so that we can isolate what the problem is. But yeah, not having any trouble with that on straight v8.

That's odd... I'm not having that problem but I didn't get all the recent updates into play either because we have a good game going. So if you did, please note that here so that we can isolate what the problem is. But yeah, not having any trouble with that on straight v8.
I had a odd repeatable crash with hunter capturing a cheeta, bypassed it by turning on frozen animations.

You could try going into worldbuilder and deleting that city. I've gotten past the infinite turn bug by deleting all the barbarian civs that turned into actual civs, but that was many turns after they were formed, not right away.

For those having a freeze or a non-repeatable CTD:

Try this workaround once:

ONE turn before the CTD, go into worldbuilder and save the game in there. Then go into My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Saves/WorldBuilder/__(what ever you named it ) and then place it in the PrivateMaps (Same area as the Assets folder), then see what happens.:mischief:

What ever happens then is what is causing the error, it might help, maybe not.:rolleyes:

Hello Strategy only.

As I mentioned before, I simply love your mod. I'm getting really good at it as well.

It is really unfortunate that I can never get to the 200th turn....

:(

I know it's not a download issue, because I downloaded it twice and played over eight long games so far and I have the same problem every game somewhere between turn 150 and turn 180. It is also the exactly same issue with two of my friends. We all have super good computers and we are playing single player game mode.

It probably happened to you guys as well if you played past turn 150. It's very simple really, everything is going well and suddenly, I click Enter or the red button to move on to the next turn and the game takes forever to move on. Usually, it eventually moves to the next turn, but it takes 10-15min as opposed to 10-15sec usually. And then it's the same thing for the following turn....it take 10-15min for the game to switch to the next turn. Obviously, I cannot continue to play the game under these conditions so I have to forget about my growing empire ! So sad....

I am afraid I will have to go back to rugular Rise of Mankind...snif snif...at least, I can finish my games with this ''outdated'' mod.

Unless you have a solution for me my friend ?
Thanks in advance !

Hello Strategy only.

As I mentioned before, I simply love your mod. I'm getting really good at it as well.

It is really unfortunate that I can never get to the 200th turn....

:(

I know it's not a download issue, because I downloaded it twice and played over eight long games so far and I have the same problem every game somewhere between turn 150 and turn 180. It is also the exactly same issue with two of my friends. We all have super good computers and we are playing single player game mode.

It probably happened to you guys as well if you played past turn 150. It's very simple really, everything is going well and suddenly, I click Enter or the red button to move on to the next turn and the game takes forever to move on. Usually, it eventually moves to the next turn, but it takes 10-15min as opposed to 10-15sec usually. And then it's the same thing for the following turn....it take 10-15min for the game to switch to the next turn. Obviously, I cannot continue to play the game under these conditions so I have to forget about my growing empire ! So sad....

I am afraid I will have to go back to rugular Rise of Mankind...snif snif...at least, I can finish my games with this ''outdated'' mod.

Unless you have a solution for me my friend ?
Thanks in advance !

Heres what i have to do once in a great while, cause i also have a Super Puter: Stop the game at that point, restart your PC, click on your savedgame, but while its loading, hold down the SHIFT key, that sometimes helps, if not, wait for the next version, each one keeps getting better and better, finding things wrong is hard, i found out one thing that makes the turn times from 3 minutes down to 1 minute so that helps at least in some areas.

Now if you have a freeze or something like that try post # 1333.

btw thx for playing this mod and thank your friends also:)

Is there a negative effect of having two different religions in a city or your civ having two different Holy Cities? I don't have Rev Mod turned on.

When upgrading to the new version you mention to delete the old. Do you mean just delete the folder in the main program file or is there an uninstall option

Glad to hear the turn times are a bit faster in the new version, I was about 33% through a marathon game it was waiting quite awhile between turns.

Thanks for the game,

Is there a negative effect of having two different religions in a city or your civ having two different Holy Cities? I don't have Rev Mod turned on.

When upgrading to the new version you mention to delete the old. Do you mean just delete the folder in the main program file or is there an uninstall option

Glad to hear the turn times are a bit faster in the new version, I was about 33% through a marathon game it was waiting quite awhile between turns.

Thanks for the game,

Without Rev on, no negative effect at all, more beneficial in most cases really.

Top Bottom