Announcing BUFFY

I think someone called it "BUFFY the Micro-Management Slayer" at one point.

Maybe we should run a contest to rename it. Or would that be just adding to the confusion? :crazyeye:

Well you can probably tell I'd advise to rename it, but it's up to you guys. I know if it were to be renamed there'd be a bit of work changing documentation etc.

I don't think it will add to the confusion unless it gets an even more confusing name. :)

Out of curiousity: has there been any progress on the stack attack problem a number of us have had?

Out of curiousity: has there been any progress on the stack attack problem a number of us have had?
That issue has been fixed in v2 of BUFFY. We are currently undergoing user testing of v2.

Hi! Whenever I start a new game (I do it through the Custom game and check Locked Assets Modifiers or what it is called), I get warned that the game cannot be apllied to HOF because "CRCs are missing". What does that mean and what can be done?

For conquest, yes. I think they forgot to add it for culture-flipping. I'll have a look-see.

I don't know if this can be fixed with buffy.

Problem: When a privateer is blockading, you cannot use the ocean tiles. After the privateer stops blockading, the governor (yes, he's an idiot) does not resume working the ocean tiles, and you manually have to go to the city screen and start working those tiles.

I've been using BUFFY for a while and love it. Also, I've recently tried BAT for the first time and enjoy the nice graphics. I perused this thread and read the FAQs in this post and came across a Q/A about merging BAT and BUFFY. The answer was that it was too big of a download file for the HOF mod. So my question is, given that it is true that BAT would a) work if merged with BUFFY b) not effect HOF stuff, then why not make it optional. That is, have a regular small BUFFY download and a large BUFFY/BAT version for those who are willing and able to dowload the larger version?

Also, is it possible for BUFFY to be set up to work like BUG does in single player mode, i.e., custom assets, so that it can work with succession games and other games in the strategy forum that aren't WB saves?

Hypothetically, BUFFY could become your all-encompassing BUG/BAT/BULL mod for those who want it all.

thanks

So my question is, given that it is true that BAT would a) work if merged with BUFFY b) not effect HOF stuff, then why not make it optional.

Sadly, (b) is not true. The HOF part of BUFFY verifies that the files in the mod have not been altered, and installing the graphics from BAT into BUFFY would make your setup fail the HOF test. You wouldn't be able to submit HOF/XOTM games anymore.

Also, is it possible for BUFFY to be set up to work like BUG does in single player mode, i.e., custom assets, so that it can work with succession games and other games in the strategy forum that aren't WB saves?

You could copy all the BUFFY files around, but then you may as well just install BUG and BULL to get the same effect. Note that BUFFY v1 does not work with BUG installed in CustomAssets, so you'll either need to rename the CustomAssets folder when playing BUFFY games or wait until BUFFY v2.

I installed BUFFY but after the change of customassets to 1 in the ini file nothing has changed.
Also i cant press civilpedia on the main screen. The screen just flashes a bit.

I have this installed:

Civ4 updated to BtS 3.19
BlueMarble
FfH2
BUFFY

I open the game normally with no mod!

Go to your My Documents / My Games folder and create a folder called "BUFFY". Inside that folder create a folder called "UserSettings". Then try again. If that doesn't solve the problem, run BTS as adminstrator so that it can store its INI files. This is probably what's blocking it from working.

When i load the BUFFY mod all is fine.
I have menus, civilpedia, etc.

But when i unload the mod to normal BtS i have no civilpedia.
And when i start a normal game i have no menus.

How do i solve this?
If i start BtS without mod it also goes wrong.

Top Bottom