The Ancient Mediterranean Info

Are the Windows and Mac versions of TAM interoperable? i.e. Can saved games be played interchangeably between platforms, and does multiplayer work in a mixed environment?

Sure, I'd love to do. Is there anywhere that I could download the Windows version 1.97, to correlate to the latest Macintosh release?

Apparently interoperability is the least of matters. The Macintosh version of TAM would not even load! Here is the error message:

@ Schmendrick... You just have click Okay (there will be four error messages) ... may have to move the dialogue box but it will then work. However, the Hittites come out with their city names and leader name all mucked up. Some of Rome's cities are affected, too.

And it is my understanding that an .exe file will not work with a mac. Thus I have not been able to play test 1.99b... stuck at 1.97 mac.

Ciao

@ Schmendrick... You just have click Okay (there will be four error messages) ... may have to move the dialogue box but it will then work. However, the Hittites come out with their city names and leader name all mucked up. Some of Rome's cities are affected, too.

And it is my understanding that an .exe file will not work with a mac. Thus I have not been able to play test 1.99b... stuck at 1.97 mac.

Ciao

Ah, I had no idea there was a dialogue box. AlanH on this thread posted a fix to the two files causing the error message.

Is there no difference in the files between the Macintosh and Windows versions?—is it simply a matter of expanding the .exe file?

----------------------------------------
TAM v2.01 (for Civ4 Vanilla v1.74)
----------------------------------------

TAM SITE
WARNING: you need a fresh installation in order to play TAM 2.01. Finish your current savegame, if you care it, before installing TAM 2.01

Installation:
If you have installed TAM before, delete the TAM folder from your "Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods" folder. Then put the downloaded TAM file into your "Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4" folder and extract it using WinRAR "Extract Here" command. No original CIV files will be overwritten

Launching:
The best way to launch the MOD is to double-click the TAM map files (marked as 2.01) in the "Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps" folder

TAM v2.01 features:
-> XML improvements and fixes on civics, wonders, buildings, techtree and units
-> Assyrian as 24th playable civ
-> New scenario map - TAM Eastern Med - 15 Civs - Standard map

Is their anyway we can get this for BTS or is it only for Civ 4

The BTS version is only compatible for version 3.13 not 3.17 yet.

Am I missing something? It seems that the 0.82 download doesn't contain any maps, and I can't find the map pack that's been referenced in this forum.

Top Bottom