[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

Zee composite, She is working...

It is a 55MB file, though.

Also, the Civ Specific Great People do take up a good chunk of the units list in the Civilopedia. It could be distracting for some with all the GPeople clutter. These are straight merges, after all, and I don't know if the Civ Specific GPeople XML data can be implemented the same way Civ Specific unit art can.

I am running Blue Marble and Civ Scale with this, but it required copying the Blue Marble components from the CustomAssets\Art folder into an Art Art folder created in the Mod's root folder.

To reiterate -- this combines Keymod 1.1 with Willowmound's BtS Actual Quotes, Gaius Octavius' BtS Civ Specific Great People, Solver's additional Random Events, Solver's Military Academy Bugfix, and Solver's unofficial Patch.

HERE is the download. It is off site (rapidshare), since the file is larger than the D/L allowed in the database.

...uh...does an external link break the rules, by the way?

Sounds AWESOME! How does one upgrade it as the individual portions update? I'm trying this one right now.

I was pretty much considering just dumping the B_R flags into the root assets directory of the mod and editing any XML files that already exist.

I like the B_R flags so much I put them in Custom Assets for every mod that will take them.

For the last version someone at my suggestion created a python utility to swap the alternate flags in at will. I hope to arrange a new version when the new flags come out.

i was just wondering are u planing on including vehicles, mainly tanks, in future versions cause i love everything else

Hi Avain,

it seems that your changes in CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml missed the non-english tags, making all the text for those language missing in game...

I've done a quick google translation to fix it, here's the code if you want it :

Spoiler :
Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_HORSE_ARCHER</Tag>
		<English>Horseman</English>
		<French>
			<Text>Cavalier</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</French>
		<German>
			<Text>Reiter</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</German>
		<Italian>
			<Text>horseman</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</Italian>
		<Spanish>
			<Text>Jinete</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</Spanish>	
	</TEXT>	
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_MACEMAN</Tag>
		<English>Heavy Footman</English>
		<French>
			<Text>Fantassin lourd</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</French>
		<German>
			<Text>Schwerer Lakai</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</German>
		<Italian>
			<Text>Fante pesante</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</Italian>
		<Spanish>
			<Text>Lacayo pesado</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</Spanish>		
	</TEXT>		
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_CUIRASSIER</Tag>
		<English>Heavy Horseman</English>
		<French>
			<Text>Cavalier lourd</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</French>
		<German>
			<Text>Schwerer Reiter</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</German>
		<Italian>
			<Text>Horseman pesante</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</Italian>
		<Spanish>
			<Text>Jinete pesado</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</Spanish>	
	</TEXT>

;)

gregdoubleu,

the mechanical units were out of the initial scope of this mod, however I'm not ruling out anything yet. We'll see.

Gedemon,

thanks for those translations, I'll include them in the next update!

Are you going to add danrell's latest units?

I will. But that means a bit of reorganizing, and a couple of decisions:D. Also (considering danrell's amazing working speed:crazyeye: :lol: ) I'll probably wait a bit to include more in the next update.

I will. But that means a bit of reorganizing, and a couple of decisions:D. Also (considering danrell's amazing working speed:crazyeye: :lol: ) I'll probably wait a bit to include more in the next update.
Those would be awesome additions. :)

talking about skins, the cannon is your's ? nice :)

Well, I messed a bit with those, but the actual skin on the cannon itself I found in a mod, and found it nice too:) In the arabian set I turned it into grey, and I changed the colors and the face of the guy that fires the cannon in ottoman/arabian/persian sets. I did a bit of a skin job on the elephants ( however cruel it may sound:) ), and I did a couple of changes probably nobody will notice - infantry changed to an arab guy from an african one, added turkish symbol to the helmets of the turkish marines, etc:lol:

Top Bottom