Silly World Cup Game

Navelgazer

King
So let's say I'm trying to start a standard game (8 leaders) to commemorate the Quarters of the World Cup once we know who they are.

Most of these are easy enough. We know, for instance, Brazil and Netherlands are in, along with Colombia and Costa Rica.

For the matches we don't know yet, I'm guessing we'll be looking at France, Germany, Argentina and (hope hope hope ) USA.

My question is, how should I set this up to be most properly representative?

Of the nations still in it and/or already advanced, we've got:
1. Netherlands
2. Brazil
3. France
4. Germany
5. USA

Who can be easily represented by an existing civ bearing their name. Additionally, there is:

6. Belgium

Who exists, but only in the Scramble for Africa scenario.

This leaves the trouble of:
7. Argentina
8. Algeria
9. Costa Rica
10. Colombia
11. Nigeria
12. Switzerland

Who don't have a good solid Civ 5 counterpart. The Mayans can be a fit for Costa Rica, I suppose, and the Incans for either Colombia or Argentina (oh how I wish for a Gran Colombia DLC) but not another South AMerican civ to represent the other one. Algeria could be represented by either Morocco or Carthage, though neither seems entirely right, and Nigeria by Songhai, but just barely.I have no idea what to do with Switzerland, but I also don't expect it to be an issue.

So how would you pick these teams? Is there a way for me to introduce Belgium in a standard game? And who would you choose to play as?

Thanks!

Pick another layer of challenge: whenever a team fails to qualify to the quarter, you have to destroy it completly :p

Also, Germany, France and Netherlands are all likely or confirmed for the Quarters.

Closest for Argentina would be Spain if we make Colombia Inca. Let's hope USA beat Belgium.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

USA has a big chance to win the battle against Belgium although Belgium is stronger (sorry) but they are playing TERRIBLE for the players they have and the Belgium players are very egoistic than USA so you have a very good chance to win.

I am not sure if you want to use a moded game. But, for some listed civs there are mods. There is for: Belgium, Argentina, Switzerland and Gran Colombia (close more or less).

Well Nigeria is out, and "Bundesteam" should screw up BIG time to lose to Algeria. With a bit of a stretch Costa Rica can be represented by Mayans, Colombia by Inca, Argentina by Spain, and Switzerland by Austria if they somehow win over Argentina.

That leaves Belgium as the main head-scratcher for your game. Pray for the US to win:)

Argentina- Aztec (closest thing)
Colombia- Inca
Costa Rica- Maya
Algeria- Morocco. (carthage is much more naval and europeanized)
Nigeria- Ethiopia/Songhai
Switzerland- Austria
Belgium- Germany

Argentina and Aztecs are far apart.

I'd suggest:

Argentina = Inca
Colombia = Spain

Argentina and Aztecs are far apart.
Beat me to it. I think New York City and Los Angeles are nearer to each other than the Aztec Empire and Argentina.

EDIT: I decided to Google it and, wow, did I undersell it. Mexico City to Buenos Aires is over 4,500 miles.

Los Angeles is near Honolulu, tenochtitlan or moson kahni... new York is close to Washington.

Just curious, why not mods? Argentina, Colombia and Switzerland have good mods for sure. Costa Rica is the harder one, I think.

Top Bottom