Civilization Icon change not working properly

j_mie6

Deity
A while ago I put this code into an XML file in the Civilizations Table:

Code:
		<Update>
			<Set PortraitIndex="4" IconAtlas="BLOOD_PLOT_AND_INTRIGUE_CIV_COLOR_ATLAS" AlphaIconAtlas="BLOOD_PLOT_AND_INTRIGUE_CIV_ALPHA_ATLAS"/>
			<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND"/>
		</Update>

This should set England's flag to a new flag. This code worked for the Mayans.

This code used to work aswell, but today, whilst testing I found that the only place it updated the flags was on the civ selection screen (ie, the list of civs and you pick one), everywhere else in the game (including the start game screen which shows the civ, map, etc) it is using the default England flags, which are index 6 and are CIV_COLOR_ATLAS and CIV_ALPHA_ATLAS. I've checked in the database and my changes have been applied. Can somebody tell me how this is possible, how one part of the game is acknowledging my changes and the rest isn't? The fact that it used to work is also disconcerting.

I will attach the full mod here, for people to have a look through.

P.s. The Lua and Database logs are throwing up no errors, and my XML checker is reporting no errors (except missing text)

Attachments

• Blood, Plot and Intrigue (v 1).civ5mod
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
I know that JFD was experiencing a very similar issue, but I can't remember what thread it was mentioned in. I also can't remember what the end-all of that was. [edit]nor can I find the thread. I'm just bundles of helpfulness today. :(

thread here: found it!

I will try the Replace method suggested, in the hope that it will work...

Top Bottom