Our World: Civilizations of the Present

So I can't seem to get my Lua to execute....I've taken the liberty of attaching the mod archive to see if anyone wants to take a look.

My next project is the leaderscene for Zayed al Nahan. Once that's done, and the Lua is firing, I'll release a beta. It'll have subpar art and will need balancing, but I want to see what people think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfxxv4bum6kub48/UAE (v 1).civ5mod

I've also yet to implement the part of the UA that grants Tourism for gold reserves. I was thinking I'd go off of this bit from Tomatekh's Mali:
Spoiler :
HTML:
local bMINT = GameInfoTypes.BUILDINGCLASS_MINT;

GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(
function(iPlayer)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer];
	if (pPlayer:IsAlive()) then
		if (pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_UAE) then
			if not pPlayer:IsGoldenAge() then
				local cMint = pPlayer:GetBuildingClassCount(bMINT);
				local ReserveGold = pPlayer:GetGold();
				if ReserveGold >= 250 and ReserveGold < 500 then
					local GAPoints = (1 * cMint);
					pPlayer:ChangeGoldenAgeProgressMeter(GAPoints);
				elseif ReserveGold >= 500 and ReserveGold < 750 then
					local GAPoints = (2 * cMint);
				elseif ReserveGold >= 750 and ReserveGold < 1000 then
					local GAPoints = (3 * cMint);
				elseif ReserveGold >= 1000 then
					local GAPoints = (4 * cMint);
				end
			end
		end
	end
end)

obviously removing references to buildings and the not being in a Golden Age requirement. I don't know what to change the GAPoints variable to, and so on.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I changed the main Lua function around to give the production dummy building if the city is the source of a trade route, not a destination. It's much easier to test.

Update time!

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on the leaderscene. Then I need to fix the Lua and then the UAE is ready to roll, or at least the first draft of it. I'm not the best artist, so if anyone else is interested in doing art, especially leaderscenes, as well as Lua, it would increase the quality of this project manifold. For what it's worth, this is a small project; after this first 3, I'll probably only do 3 more (Turkey, Kenya, N. Korea I think.)

Okay, so here's Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan. It's not nearly as good as the best that you see in the CiV community. Hopefully, if these mods take off, I can source some better art!
Spoiler :

Not sure where the white schmutz on his hands is coming from. Oh god and that dot in the middle of the canvas...these are easy fixes. But anyway I thought I'd share.

I'm still having no luck with getting the UA to work. I'll post the latest build, and I'm gonna repost the request in the Lua forum. When that's done, everything's set for first release. Oh, except for pedias and diplo text, which I can accomplish quickly. For Iran, the XML base is there, and the icon, but that's about it. regal is graciously providing maps for Iran and Nigeria.

Yep, kind of ahistorical but I think the image most captured what I wanted to show.

I like the ideas...

Thank you. If you watch the Colonialist Legacies thread, I'm trying to get them absorbed into that project. My available modding time is diminishing, so I'm kind of forced to step back a bit. I'll of course post here if anything comes of it.

Hey dude

Awesome mod ideas and civ ideas:)

I know I did something very similar for CIV IV. (Clash of Civilizations)

Good luck and all the best:)

I attempted to take the whole CIV IV mod and push it over to CIV V but got frustrated at the CIV limit thing, I got some of the Civilizations, so if you want it let me know I can push them over to you, think it also included some custom units as well. And with permission I included other "modern" modifications to the game,

Where I got stuck was the actual images of the Leaderheads (Artwork is not my strongpoint)

Anyway I did have an alternative way of encompassing the whole modern world into the game via "representations" especially as I love recreating real world conflicts and issues etc.

I have an idea for Nigeria:
UA: Pax Nigericana: each defensive pact Nigeria has with another civilization increases the combat strength of units in foreign territory by 5%. Gun units receive 1 extra movement if they finish the turn outside friendly territory, and start with survivalism 1 promotion.

UU: mission force. Replaces paratrooper. +25% combat strength in foreign territory. 1 extra movement, and costs 10% precent less. No bonuses if Nigeria havent got any declarations of friendships or defensive pacts active.

Top Bottom