Question about modding number of religions

gyogen2

Emperor
I have been helping with the CCTP mod, and there has been a request for more civs to be able to found a religion. I know this can be changed by updating MaxActiveReligions in civ5worlds.xml, however, to make it easier for users, and since some may not want more, I was trying to add a game setup option for it.

The problem is, no matter what I try, I can't seem to alter the number in game. Does anyone know what the proper line of lua code would be to change MaxActiveReligions in game, or if it is even possible.

Thank you.

I don't think so. The database has already been cached by the time you get to the Advanced Setup Screen. A simple one-line SQL mini-mod would suffice, however:
Code:
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = MaxActiveReligions + 1;
The user can change + 1 to whatever number they like.

[For anyone interested, the original values are 2-7, incremented by 1, from Tiny through Huge world sizes. This would change it to 3-8.
You could also use e.g., "* 2" instead of "+ 1" to make it an exponential progression from 4 to 14...]

Also, when increasing the number of religions, make sure there are enough beliefs for them.

I don't think so. The database has already been cached by the time you get to the Advanced Setup Screen. A simple one-line SQL mini-mod would suffice, however:
Code:
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = MaxActiveReligions + 1;
The user can change + 1 to whatever number they like.

[For anyone interested, the original values are 2-7, incremented by 1, from Tiny through Huge world sizes. This would change it to 3-8.
You could also use e.g., "* 2" instead of "+ 1" to make it an exponential progression from 4 to 14...]

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I had already made an update users could change, was just hoping.

Top Bottom