Modded Civ can't be selected

kickback_artist

Chieftain
This is probably something really basic I didn't learn, but I build a modded civ using various pieces of other civs and linking them all together as appropriate, changing names, etc. etc.
For some reason, when the mod is loaded on to Civ and I try to start a game I cannot select my new leader.
Oh, and I did double check that all of my files UpdateDatabase OnModActivated, so that's not it.
If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

And just a note: this is the absolute FIRST build of this. Art, models, etc. is coming later.
First it just needs to run.

Code:
[255129.562] column Type is not unique
[255129.562] While executing - 'insert into Colors('Type', 'Red', 'Green', 'Blue', 'Alpha') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?);'
[255129.562] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Colors('Type', 'Red', 'Green', 'Blue', 'Alpha') with  values (COLOR_PLAYER_AUSTRIA_ICON, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, ).
[255129.562] In XMLSerializer while updating table Colors from file xml/Civilization.xml.
[255129.578] column Type is not unique
This is from the Database.log. See whoward69's enable logging tutorial for how to get error logs working for you.

The following red-highlighted lines already exist within the game, so can't be repeated in your mod:
Code:
	<Colors>
		<Row>
			<Type>[COLOR="Red"][B]COLOR_PLAYER_AUSTRIA_ICON[/B][/COLOR]</Type>
			<Red>1.0</Red>
			<Green>1.0</Green>
			<Blue>1.0</Blue>
			<Alpha>1.0</Alpha>
		</Row>
	</Colors>
	<Colors>
		<Row>
			<Type>[COLOR="red"][B]COLOR_PLAYER_AUSTRIA_BACKGROUND[/B][/COLOR]</Type>
			<Red>0.9215</Red>
			<Green>0.0</Green>
			<Blue>0.0</Blue>
			<Alpha>1.0</Alpha>
		</Row>
	</Colors>

This causes the entire Civilization.xml file to be discarded by the game.

There might be other errors wthin the same file, but you probably won't see them until you fix this problem and the game begins to at least accept the file. I did not notice any but that is not the same thing as there aren't any.

The problem is that you are repeating COLOR_PLAYER_AUSTRIA_ICON and COLOR_PLAYER_AUSTRIA_BACKGROUND. You would need to change the "AUSTRIA" part to something else. And I'm not sure if two civs are also allowed to use the same settings of RGB or not.

Top Bottom