Pillaging/razing bases

Krallus

Chieftain
Hi. I'm in the middle of my first game of Planetfall (version 16f). Very nice! I loved the original SMAC and SMAX, and this re-imagining is just an amazing use of the Civ IV engine!

I'm playing the Gaians and I got into a war with the Believers. I took one of their bases using an army of mindworms with the intention on razing it. No such option was given. When I searched online, I found that razing is replaced with a base pillaging system: lose 1 population per round of pillaging so long as the base is still undergoing rebellion. When I jumped back into the game, the base is still in a rebellion but my mindworms in the base do not have a pillage action available to them.

What am I missing?

Hm, maybe mindworms don't have that ability? Do you have any regular units as well in the vicinity?

I just tried with a regular unit. No luck. Could the believers have an ability that make them immune to base pillaging? I'm a non-member of the council, so I know civics selection is not the issue.

So I found the problem and, what I believe must be a bug. When I became a member of the Planetary Council by switching civics to "Member", *then* I could pillage bases. This is the opposite of what the civics text implies which shows Non-member as "Can pillage/raze bases" where that text is not present in Member.

I wonder if maybe part of the problem I'm experiencing has to do with also being a member of the Concordat Council.

I experienced the same problem. I had to manually dive into the .dll and alter the code the hard way to fix it. If you are still interested, I can post the .dll that fixes that issue.

Hi. I'm in the middle of my first game of Planetfall (version 16f). Very nice! I loved the original SMAC and SMAX, and this re-imagining is just an amazing use of the Civ IV engine!

I'm playing the Gaians and I got into a war with the Believers. I took one of their bases using an army of mindworms with the intention on razing it. No such option was given. When I searched online, I found that razing is replaced with a base pillaging system: lose 1 population per round of pillaging so long as the base is still undergoing rebellion. When I jumped back into the game, the base is still in a rebellion but my mindworms in the base do not have a pillage action available to them.

What am I missing?

It is a Bug in the GameCoreDLL...
Member and non Member are inverted...

... So anyone gonna upload a hot fix or what?

So who is this Kiefmaster and where is his DLL?

It is a Bug in the GameCoreDLL...
Member and non Member are inverted...

Perhaps you would be kind enough to point to which File in the dll?

JosEPh

My DLL isnt compatible with the Planetfallmod...
Maybe Kiefmaster can upload his DLL...

Whoops. Took me next year to notice. Should've PM'd me or something.

Anyways I've attached it. This fix enables pillaging while Non-Member, forbids pillaging if Member, and enables city destruction by pillaging population to 0.

Simply replace the .dll in the mod (back it up anyways though), and also rename the attached dll. It's been too long and I don't remember which file it was, but iirc it involved civics.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL_update_planetfall.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 293
Besser spät als nie!
Better Late as Never! :)
Maybe there is someone who could fix the Rest of the DLL Bugs for a compatible DLL.

Out of curiosity, what other DLL bugs are there?

Top Bottom