Fallout: Tame The Wastes

The link I have provided is the version of the mod that I am trying to merge with platy. The version that crashes.

I am fairly certain that it is something that we have in the python, that is missing or does not work the same with platy's versionl, because the mod works in the current release state, but not with platy's code..

So it is probably a .dll/python combo that is specific to this mod, so it is either a bit of code we made specifically for this mod, or one of the modcomps that is:

1. not in any of keldaths recent mods (as hsi work with platy).
2. has never been attempted to use with platy.

Some possible contenders may be:

Our AI code (for the ai not unit spamming itself to death)
Our Vault/settler placing code
The Improvement tech lock code
Archid's slavery mod
Reddragons Super fort mod

hey guys, saw your talking about that graphic alert,

i get it in my debugger for a long time now, since it doesnt affect the mod much, i just learnt to ignore it.

i just didnt take the time to do and locate the problem in the dll.

while we are at it,
theres also an error, with calling attitute thingy on the human player,
says "we sjouldnt call this function on our selfs" again probably a miss match with platy to the dll.

platy wrote great codes, its just that my merge is done by me, a dude that can only merge stuff with no understanding :) most of the times - it worked:)

lib, in regards to your last post -
i still belive its a missing art :) that usually a ctd with no error means.

The problem is what art can be missing?

the only thing I know of is a couple buttons, but they don't crash my mod...

I have everything from platy, so it can't be missing there.

Everything from my mod is copied across, so I don't see how it can be missing from there.

Anything from Vanilla would still be picked up in the usual way. So it can't be missing from there.

I know of no art that could be missing, and the fact that it sometimes works means it can't be missing art, because I would get a constant, consitstant Ctd, but occasionally it works...

That's actually a pretty good argument for coding like this. I was right that it was due to a broken design, but it was the broken mac DLL support rather than this piece of code.
Still a comment about it would have been nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is precisely what happened here. It would be nice if it could be checked somehow and fail with a proper error message. However it doesn't look like vanilla has any getNumGraphicOptionsInfos(), which mean a proper python only test could be quite tricky.

Most of the time, I only bothered to write comments if only minority of the codes in a file is changed.
For files like CvMainInterface or WB files for example, pretty much only 10% is what it used to be in BTS.
For these files, it is simply too much trouble to comment every single change.

@keldath
It doesn't matter who wrote the codes.
Whether it is written by me or another coder, c&p without testing it and understand if possible the codes, is simply putting your fate in others hands.

As you know I am a one man team, it is not quite possible to catch all bugs myself.
Thus, I wouldn't say my mod components are bugs free.
Same goes for anything else, even kmod or revdcm.

Did you put the fallout mod in:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

or this?

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Both. Still Didn't show up. I tried it in the 2nd one first. I tried the 1st when it didn't work.

Yeah all I can suggest now is posting in one of the tech help sections, or perhaps on steam for specific help with getting mods to work on CivIV steam version..As I can't help with that as I don't have it on steam.

Like I said, what you seem to have done seems to be the right way to do it, so I don't know why it isn't working..

Here is the basic vault terrain. The texture might have gotten trashed in the last condensing. Hopefully this will fix it.

Tell me please Where is it crashing?
i can start game and play it...

Really?

Then I properly hate you! :D

For me it crashes right after making your final option choice with a new game, before the loading bar appears.

What is really bizarre is that sometimes after adjusting the python files, it works, but like I said only once... As soon as I reload the mod it goes back to crashing.. I cannot find an explanation for this behaviour, and if you are saying it works fine, why the hell is it not working for me!?!

Ok....

Now weirdly I just loaded it and it started to work for me too...

I am just about to reload it and see if it still works.... NOPE! After I reload the mod it starts crashing again... Tried loading from the desktop again and is still crashes...

I do not understand this?!?!?!

Another task you can try out maysakh is trying to get the custom python back in. If you look in the platy merge work folder in the main mod folder, you will see 2 .py files, inside those are the majority of the custom python. Try merging those in and see if it still works for you.

Also try reloading the mod from in the game and see if it crashes for you after that..

What are you trying to do exactly?

To merge Platy UI in your mod?

or to get rid of BUG completely and then implement Platy UI and else?

Have you made up your mind about getting rid of BUG or not?

If yes, I would have started with that without any addition, just trying to make the mod work with your existing Python and without BUG.

Top Bottom