Tips keep bugging to build settlers when there is no open land to build in

Randle

Warlord
Anyone else having the problem where the computer will suggest that you build some settlers in every possible city you have when there isn't a single space available in the world to start a new city? I could turn the tips off; but I do find some of them useful. It's just annoying to have to click "No" 10 times every turn.

Yes that happens to me to. It is a good idicator that I should go to war and take some citys LOL I will conquer the world!

I had it happen once. I think it is because the 'advisor' know there is some unsettled land that can support a settler out there. When I got the World Map, I noticed a island that was free. My advisor "knew" before I did. Kind of a bug, if you ask me.

No the reason for this is because your population has become stagnent. Your aren't growing anymore and the AI doesn't like that so he tells you to get your ass in gear.

Yes, very annoying to have to click "I'm the Boss!" 5 times every other turn.

Luckily there's an option that tells the advisor to bugger off for good! :) You don't really need it for anything anyway once you understand the basics of the game.

The advisor does not seem to look that all land is covered by cultural borders, but that there are areas within your territory that you could build a city (although it may be with some overlap with existing cities). For fun, build a settler and see where it suggests for you to build a city (you may have to move it around your empire a bit as it seems to only suggest spot within x spaces of the settler).

i was quite amused to see that the computer suggests city building plots that lead to ICS - exactly spaced so that no fields overlap (that is, when you DO have some free space.
i LOVE IT ;)

the advisor does not look for open lands, nor any available land inside your territory

it says something like this
"your city is ready to expand"
which means, your city have grown to about 4-6 population with plenty of hammer production/food production, so u could build settler easily

similarly, for worker, the advisor does not check whether u have workers around or not,
i just built a worker last turn. and also got another worker coming to my new city, with all unimprooved land, then the advisor said, this city has many unimprooved land, recommending building a worker(but i just finished one), in this case, it only check for unimprooved land,

panzooka said:
the advisor does not look for open lands, nor any available land inside your territory

it says something like this
"your city is ready to expand"
which means, your city have grown to about 4-6 population with plenty of hammer production/food production, so u could build settler easily

similarly, for worker, the advisor does not check whether u have workers around or not,
i just built a worker last turn. and also got another worker coming to my new city, with all unimprooved land, then the advisor said, this city has many unimprooved land, recommending building a worker(but i just finished one), in this case, it only check for unimprooved land,

Your assuming that the code and the text shown to you have the same basis.

Just because it says "your city is ready to expand" doesn't mean that they didn't code it to also check for an actual place for you to possibly expand to.

Just because it says "This city has a lot of unimproved land" doesn't mean it didn't also notice that you don't have many workers total.

Take all text prompts with a grain of salt.

ur point, there is no land to expand, but advisor keep telling me to build settler
my point, just built a worker in this city, but adviser telling me to build worker

my point is, it just doesnt check too much stuff. u dont like it, u can turn it off in option menu

advisor will keep telling you to build settler when a new city reaches about 4-6 population with plenty hammers. even in the modern era where every single piece of land is covered.

Top Bottom