Nationalism

fing0lfin

What do you think about Le Pen and all other nationalistic parties in Europe? Do they have future? Do you think that their ideas are good or not ?
Do you want to see such party in your countrie if there isn't already ? And if there is, do you support it ?

Why don't you share your views first?

Ok ;)

I support the ideas of nationalism. I think that nationalism is good, but we should make the difference between nazism and nationalism. I love my country but i don't deny the others.

There is a nationalistic party in my countrie. It's rather new. I support it and i think that it is the best party for my country.

fing0lfin said:
Ok ;)

I support the ideas of nationalism. I think that nationalism is good, but we should make the difference between nazism and nationalism. I love my country but i don't deny the others.

There is a nationalistic party in my countrie. It's rather new. I support it and i think that it is the best party for my country.
What is the platform of this party?

Kayak said:
What is the platform of this party?

When i have time i will translate and post the 20 main points. Now i will say only some.
The party is against corruption and betrading the national interesses. It is for saveing the traditions, language and culture of my country.It is against that my country (Bulgaria) to take part in the war of Iraq, because: First- it isn't 'our' war, and second, It's too expensive- money and human lives.

Nationalism in its modern sense is an evil.
It leads to the wars we have seen, and suffered, in our history.
Le Pen has no future. Actually, not that many people voted for him (over 805 didn't in the second round), it's just the French political system makes it seems so.

Nationalism is fine as long as you restrain it and don't force it on others. Don't fall into the belief that you are better than everyone else, you are the best country/state/sports team/whatever in the entire world, everyone else's opinion and beliefs don't matter, and whatever you do is king since you are the best and obviously know better.

Good luck not falling into that trap.

fing0lfin said:
When i have time i will translate and post the 20 main points. Now i will say only some.
The party is against corruption and betrading the national interesses. It is for saveing the traditions, language and culture of my country.It is against that my country (Bulgaria) to take part in the war of Iraq, because: First- it isn't 'our' war, and second, It's too expensive- money and human lives.
The bolded part gives me pause. This can easily mean anti-imigration anti-foriegner.

Generaly I agree with noncon on this issue.

Euronationalism is fine, the rest has to be eradicated.

Seriously, some degree of a healthy patriotism is necessary, but the nationalism as a dominant ideology (= sovereignty at all costs) is terribly outdated and (at least in Europe), it is dangerous for our future.

Winner said:

Seriously, some degree of a healthy patriotism is necessary, but the nationalism as a dominant ideology (= sovereignty at all costs) is terribly outdated and (at least in Europe), it is dangerous for our future.

My thought exactly.

Winner said:

It deppends on your view point. I think that the future of Eu is not good and I am against Eu.So for me, saying that the nationalism is dangerous for the EU future is good :)

EU- Eouropean Uneon

fing0lfin said:
It deppends on your view point. I think that the future of Eu is not good and I am against Eu.So for me, saying that the nationalism is dangerous for the EU future is good :)

You're against EU exactly why?

EU- Eouropean Uneon

Is that supposed to be funny? If yes, I don't get it :)

Why is Euronationalism any better than Nationalism of the regular variety?

Winner said:
You're against EU exactly why?

Is that supposed to be funny? If yes, I don't get it :)

I am against EU because it will blobalise Eourope. That's the first. I understantd than many people consider globalisation for good thing ;) but i don't.
Second, The identify, language and culture of the Eouropean nations will be lost.
That's in genaral.
Now i will say why am i againsnt my country to be in the EU. Actually i don't want this because we will loose much more, than we will gain.

"Is that supposed to be funny? If yes, I don't get it :)"
No, just write for someone not to think that Eu is abriviation of Eourpe ;)

Reno said:
Because single nation nationalism lead to two world wars on tihs great continent and the Ue is there to stop it happening again.
But there is always a wider world out there. You just run up against Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and America

Truronian said:
Why is Euronationalism any better than Nationalism of the regular variety?

Actualy i think thath both are good ;) These days(yesterday or something like this, i don't know excactly) there was a meeting of the nationalistic parties from Euorpe. The agreed to cooperate and to support friendly attitude :) They also agreed to work together in order to acheave their mutual goals. The first is not to led Turkey in EU.

Top Bottom