CIV Gold 2.0 - Announcement

Wyz_sub10

CIV Gold - Project Lead
The CIV Gold Team is pleased to announce the upcoming release of version 2.0 of their mutli-civilization mod for CIV IV.

As with the initial release, all civs in CIV Gold 2.0 will have:

- fully animated leaderhead(s)
- re-skinned unique units
- full graphics for buttons and unit flags
- complete pedia entries for civ, leaders and units
- representation of at least two people in the "Great People" lists
- unique "First Contact" diplomacy text based on actual quotes or cultural proverbs

While work is well in progress, there are still many details to be worked out. As of June 9, the list of additional civs planned for 2.0 are as follows:

Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Finland
Ireland
Israel
Khmers
Lithuania
Magyars
Malagasy
Nubia
Pakistan
Polynesia
Romania
Sioux
Sweden
Thailand
Tibet
Togo
Ukraine
Vietnam
Yemen

As always, the CIV Gold Team thanks the original authors for their work in their original releases.

*authors have been contacted about inclusion. If we have missed you, please accept my apologies and let me know

The CIV Gold Team is Sevo, Shqype and Wyz_sub10, with an incredible amount of help with LH from Amra.

The attached thumbnails show some of Sevo and Amra's work. Nampoina and Yahya are Amra's, and Ho Chi Minh and Tymoshenko were done by Sevo.

Attachments

• CIV2_crop2.jpg
    CIV2_crop2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 217
  • CIV2_crop1.jpg
    CIV2_crop1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 237
First post, Woohoo! Nice Leaderheads :goodjob:
I like the ones Sevo did a lot.

Sorry to destroy your triumph, but I had first view ;) but decided not to post :p

Shqype said:
Sorry to destroy your triumph, but I had first view ;) but decided not to post :p
Curses, foiled again. :D

Will you provide a version of CIV Gold 2.0 that has all of the content of the original CIV Gold merged in?

TheLopez said:
Will you provide a version of CIV Gold 2.0 that has all of the content of the original CIV Gold merged in?
You'll have to check with Wyz_sub10 to be sure but I believe the civs listed in post #1 are in addition to the previous civs. At least that's what I've thought was the case when I was helping with their leaderheads.

Do you know when the download will be ready???

Slavic Sioux said:
No, I'm sorry. I'm sure, though, that Wyz will be letting everyone know as soon as they have a firm date.

I know I've got my own animated LH modpack , but even I am looking forward to version 2.0 of this mod. I can't wait to see what Sevo has come up with. Every time I think I've done a really nice LH, he (Sevo) comes out with something better. It's dueling leaderheads! Cue the banjos. :lol:

TheLopez said:
CIV Gold 2.0 will have the new civs in addition to the civs included in the original CIV Gold. The new version is meant to "overwrite" the original version. Once the Warlords expansion is released, we will most likely create two versions of CIV Gold: one for Warlords compatibility, one without.

We are working on this mod, but the leaderheads take time and effort to do properly. Amra has created some nice leaderheads, and Sevo is working hard to create the rest of the new leaders to be used for the new civs.

We don't have a release date yet, but hopefully within a few weeks we'll have something to show.

Amra said:
No, I'm sorry. I'm sure, though, that Wyz will be letting everyone know as soon as they have a firm date.

I know I've got my own animated LH modpack , but even I am looking forward to version 2.0 of this mod. I can't wait to see what Sevo has come up with. Every time I think I've done a really nice LH, he (Sevo) comes out with something better. It's dueling leaderheads! Cue the banjos. :lol:

Ditto, my friend, ditto...

I was actually going to respond to your first post in this thread and point out that you're very good at making subtle changes to shading and features in the dds files that markedly change the appearance of the leaderheads; and I thought I had the market cornered on new objects for leaderheads until I saw your latest!

Anyway, your leaderheads are a great addition and continue to impress!

As noted above, version 2.0 will contain all CIV Gold civilizations. I wasn't clear in the OP - I'll change that.

As for a release date, we were talking about mid-June, but Shqype's estimate is more probable - toward the end of June.

Based on our experience from last time, though, we're pretty quick to get it polished once the skeleton is assembled.

Sevo said:
I was actually going to respond to your first post in this thread and point out that you're very good at making subtle changes to shading and features in the dds files that markedly change the appearance of the leaderheads; and I thought I had the market cornered on new objects for leaderheads until I saw your latest!

Anyway, your leaderheads are a great addition and continue to impress!
Thanks, Sevo. I like what you did with Catherine/Tymoshenko in the first post. I've just started playing with the NIF viewer and hope to learn more with time (Thanks to Rabbit's tutorials. What would we do without him?). The Kublai/Yahya reskin was the first time I had tried to add something to a leaderhead. Beginner's luck, I think. :D

PS: I'm glad you got your hard drive working again. :goodjob:

I am working on a little mod that will alow Unique Units to be attatched to the LeaderHead in the XML. It wont replace Civ based Unique Units, its just adds an additional option. You might want to consider using it in situations ware the leaders of a Civ span large gaps in time and its more fitting that each gets a UU apropriate for their time frame (for example Stalin getting T-34 tanks and Catherine getting Cossacks). Hopefully it will be done soon enough for you to use.

Impaler[WrG] said:
I am working on a little mod that will alow Unique Units to be attatched to the LeaderHead in the XML. It wont replace Civ based Unique Units, its just adds an additional option. You might want to consider using it in situations ware the leaders of a Civ span large gaps in time and its more fitting that each gets a UU apropriate for their time frame (for example Stalin getting T-34 tanks and Catherine getting Cossacks). Hopefully it will be done soon enough for you to use.

That sounds like a really, really cool idea. Let us know when it's ready. A lot of the new civs will have only 1 leader, but we alreads have several with two, so I can see where that'd be cool to use.

Its about half done right now, I need to go through all the code and change references to getCivilizationUnit() to a new function that will combin the CivUnit with the LeaderUnits.

Some additional info on how it will work, the Leader XML will have <Units> tag structured just that on the Civ, you add unit TYPES their just like on the Civ. For each UnitClass a player can construct only one UnitType, by default that unitType is the one specified under the UnitClass default, but if some other UnitType is specified for its Civ it builds that instead. The new logic will be to first check the Leaderhead and if their is a UnitType their you get that, if not you check the Civ and get anything their, if theirs nothing special at the Civ level either you get the default Unit. Leaderhead Units over-ride Civ Units only if they are of the same type.

So for example a Sumerian Civ with Nebacnezer as a leader, Sumeria has a "Babalonian Bowman" , UnitClass is Archer and "Light Chariot", UnitClass Chariot. If Nebacnezer has a Leader based UU "Royal Bowman", untclass Archer, he will build that INSTEAD OF the Babalonian Bowman but will still beable to build the Light Chariot.

Yep, very cool Impaler [WrG] ! Now if someone plays CIV Gold as Gjergj Kastrioti, they have the Kalorse, but if they play as Teuta, they get the Illyrian Kambsor :goodjob:

Wyz_sub10 said:
Note: Pakistan has been added to the list of Civs for 2.0.

Like the Aborigines in 1.0, it will be a civ specific to CIV Gold.

:bounce: When's the release date!!! :bounce: I need it for the Great Options Mod, Gold Edition :bounce:

Top Bottom