quite possibly the most important question in the history of modding!

Sebiche

is better than you
not really.
Hey everybody, how does one change the victory year in a game?

thanks

Well it might not be the right place, but in the GameSpeed file it breaks down the total turns for each speed....still looking for another location....found the start year but not end yet :)

GarretSidzaka said:
you find both of those, and the method from turning it from years to weeks/months, in the beginning of the WorldBuilderSave

Not following how this makes the game longer?

ok, it has a little spot that says StartTurn and Last turn. just change the second one to like 1000 or somthin

EDIT: just look, you will get it. open the WorldBuilderSave with the NOTEPAD

GarretSidzaka said:
ok, it has a little spot that says StartTurn and Last turn. just change the second one to like 1000 or somthin

EDIT: just look, you will get it. open the WorldBuilderSave with the NOTEPAD

Never seen the WorldBuilderSave XML file :crazyeye:

There is WorldInfos....but it isn't in there. GlobalDefines has the start year....

As I assume this person wants to edit the XML so all his games continue farther.

It's not an xml file. It is a *.WorldBuilderSave file. You'll find some in \PublicMaps folder for example.

Dale said:
It's not an xml file. It is a *.WorldBuilderSave file. You'll find some in \PublicMaps folder for example.

Thanks Dale, but I still don't see how this answers this threads question...extending the game to be longer. I don't believe a custom map is the answer but I am not an expert on this either.

Seems to me the last GameTurnInfo in the Civ4GameSpeedInfo.XML for whatever speed or all could be lengthened by iTurnsPerIncrement to make the game last longer. I am just not sure this is the best/only way to do it.

You can dictate how many turns you want in the WorldbuilderSave file. It has a spot called number of turns I think. Or was that somewhere else?

Drtad said:
You can dictate how many turns you want in the WorldbuilderSave file. It has a spot called number of turns I think. Or was that somewhere else?

Well Warlords doesn't have any of these files in /PublicMaps so I went to vanilla Civ and the Planet one had no line for turns....maybe a scenario would have it listed.

But I still don't see how a WorldBuilderSave file would accomplish the XML change....

Well, Genetic Era changes the victory date, so maybe Dubmetender knows the answer.

Drtad said:
Well, Genetic Era changes the victory date, so maybe Dubmetender knows the answer.

Yeah we are starting to merge the Genetic Era into ViSa this weekend...I was just curious for my own knowledge :)

This is from the Alexander scenario:

Code:
Version=11
BeginGame
	Era=ERA_ANCIENT
	Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL
	Calendar=CALENDAR_MONTHS
	ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_SPEED
	ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_VICTORIES
	ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_MAX_TURNS
	Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
	GameTurn=0
	MaxTurns=200
	MaxCityElimination=0
	TargetScore=0
	StartYear=-336
	Description=TXT_KEY_ATG_DESCRIPTION
	ModPath=Mods\Alexander the Great
EndGame

MaxTurns is where you increase the number of turns in the game. All the eras re-align to this number.

Dale

I figured it was a scenario thing....so we are back to the GameSpeedInfo.XML tweak for 'normal' games, which is fine I am just curious to learn something new every day :)

you know, there is a mod someone did that made the game last like 4000 turns for 4000 years. he tweaked all the stuff you mentioned, but the game was strange to play according to him (spaceships before 1 A.D. :p )

So theres no way to change it to apply to all games? like a global maxturns?

Sebiche said:
So theres no way to change it to apply to all games? like a global maxturns?

Sure, as I outlined in the a couple posts just lengthen the one integer in one XML as the one speed you play....doesn't get much easier than that :)

If you play other game speeds, then change those but at most you should change FOUR numbers all in one XML.

Top Bottom