[BtS]40 civs-allows colonies AND 34 civs

no they end with 33 because the map was made for a 34civ mod ;)

thanks for your help :)

now there's a problem with two of my maps (a different one works..) : at the start of the game it's an instant defeat and you can see that no city is built even though citys are prebuilt in the editor...
and the only thing I changed are the additional empty slots...
any idea? :cry:
(sorry for asking for help in this thread :blush: :goodjob: )

I actually had this problem with a map before. When I had the problem it had to do with the "StartingX=__, StartingY=__" line missing from each player. I'm guessing that an older version of Civ didn't require these values but instead just a location for the units. The "StartingX=__, StartingY=__" thing goes between StartingGold and StateReligion for each player.

To know where each player is supposed to start search for a "UnitOwner=__" value for each team 1-however many there are. Each team will have a settler or something on a plot with an X,Y value which you can then put in at the top for each players StartingX and StartingY. One more note, the barbarians (if they have any starting units) will be listed as having a UnitOwner value of one greater than any of the teams: ie on a default save they'll be UnitOwner=18. You need to make all of those values UnitOwner=40 so that they still belong to barbarians and not some actual team. :)

This may seem kinda complicated but by using find and replace and some searching skills through the wbsave in a text editor it doens't take that long to do. Good luck. :)

ok every civ in my map already had "startingX startingY" but with completely wrong values ;)

I fixed all of them and also gave barbarians owner=40 but...

still , instant defeat at start :cry:

ok , unfortunately after this hard work I looked at the file of the map that works and the starting locations there are wrong ,too... so that can't be the reason!

I have no idea whats wrong there :mad: the map with 32civs basing on rhye's map works and the maps with 27/28/30 civs basing on the "usual" world map don't :confused:

I just downloaded the new v3.13 patch, and now the game crashes when I try to load this mod, or any mod with a different dll. Any ideas?

marx&engles: Crashes on launch, or crashes on loading a game?

Mef: Have you tried picking a different team? Do you have a link to the map you're having trouble with? If I have some time I can take a look at it.

Mef: Have you tried picking a different team? Do you have a link to the map you're having trouble with? If I have some time I can take a look at it.

I have, it's the same with all the teams.

I uploaded the map, here it is: http://www.file-upload.net/download-436738/28civWeltkarte.CivBeyondSwordWBSave.html

but it's not only this map, there are 27civs and 30civs versions of this map .. oh and my 15civs europe map doesn't work too...

if you can solve this problem ,you're my hero :lol:
(well actually you already are ;) )

Anyway for you guys here's v4.0a which includes Bhruic's unofficial patch v1.012
http://rapidshare.com/files/60600773/40CivsV40a.rar.html

using bts v3.13

I have tried to get this to work all day (and modding a map to work as well) - tried both of your recent releases 40 and 40a. Then tried Earth34 mod. No luck.

It does not appear to let me have more than 18 civs - This is the correct location to load it - right?

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

At first I thought my map was incorrect (using the Earth34 map to check my player setup), but then even when I tried to do a custom game it wouldnt let me use more than 18 AI's

Any ideas? (keep in mind that the mod is being shown on the launch screen - the game is saying that the mod is loaded).

Also - what folder are you putting your maps in - so that you can see them from the selection menu?

ps 1a - in your example from the quoted post - dont you need to have the "teamid=xx" above the contactwithteam line?
ps 1b - the mod loads with no errors - the game starts with no errors - it just only has 18 civs - i have opened world builder after a couple of turns to confirm that there are only 18 civ on the map
ps2 - attached my map in case you see anything wrong there. if anyone has this 40mod working - please let me know if my map is loading with all 34 civs... thank you

EDIT to remove a beta version of my RadEarth map
beta version 1b removed after 5 downloads
If you want a newer version of my tiny radearth map go to post 59 of the link in my sig

Createrus22: If my mod is loaded (the name in the upper right like you say) and the scenario loads into the game (ie you can see the map, move units, etc) then you've got everything should be setup right.

Try going into your 18 civ game and using the worldbuilder to place a couple settlers on a different continent. Form them into cities and try to declare their independence. If my mod is working correctly you should be able to create a new colony even with 18civs in the game. If it doesn't let you declare their independence something is messed up.

When you say that you tried a custom game and it wouldn't let you have more than 18 do you mean just a random map? If so then something isn't right. When the mod is working you can add up to 40 civs to the game.

Do you maybe have a dll file in your customassets folder? I'm not sure how the customassets folder works but it may override my mod's dll if one is in there.

If none of my other suggestions work try putting my modified dll into your customassets folder and just runninng the game normally. With v4.0 and v4.0a the dll is the only component of my mod so if you can get it to take it from customassets it should work.

EDIT: I just tried the map and on my computer I get all 34civs so something must be preventing the dll from loading on your computer. I'm guessing the customassets theory above.

Could you please upload the SDK source code?

Sorry for the delay, I was planning to release a new version with the source in it containing Bhruic's latest changes but when I looked at what he's changed some of it disturbs me.

I've attached the V4.0 source files to this post.

Attachments

• 40CivsV40Source.zip
    130.7 KB · Views: 2,145
When you say that you tried a custom game and it wouldn't let you have more than 18 do you mean just a random map? If so then something isn't right. When the mod is working you can add up to 40 civs to the game.

Do you maybe have a dll file in your customassets folder? I'm not sure how the customassets folder works but it may override my mod's dll if one is in there.

If none of my other suggestions work try putting my modified dll into your customassets folder and just runninng the game normally. With v4.0 and v4.0a the dll is the only component of my mod so if you can get it to take it from customassets it should work.

EDIT: I just tried the map and on my computer I get all 34civs so something must be preventing the dll from loading on your computer. I'm guessing the customassets theory above.

Yes - Random didnt work

I have never purposely put in a customasset in bts edit-Checked and customassets was filled with empty folders

Thanks for confirming my map is working - was able to put it together from all the comments in this thread - THANKS ALL!

EDIT -
Tried the placing the dll in custom assets with no success - replaced original default dll and now it is working (just not as a mod ?? ). I will have to play around some more with it - other mods work for me (nothing unusual with my set up - default paths - i dont mess with files, etc)

EDIT (8 months later) -
for those that had to replace the dll in order to make it work - hope you saved a backup copy of the dll for this location
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets

Sorry for the delay, I was planning to release a new version with the source in it containing Bhruic's latest changes but when I looked at what he's changed some of it disturbs me.

Hmm, what specifically did disturb you? Personally I think his changes are well-reasoned, and it'd be great if a "Bhruic version" of your mod could be offered, perhaps at least as an option?

Hmm, what specifically did disturb you? Personally I think his changes are well-reasoned, and it'd be great if a "Bhruic version" of your mod could be offered, perhaps at least as an option?

I second the option of a Bhruic version.

I can understand why ltbob might not to use this thread to debate the merits of the bhruic unofficial patch, but I also hope that he continues to offer the option.

Bob - Thanks for your efforts to keep the 40mod updated. I had been hoping for something like this to use on my radearth maps. Also, I put a link to this thread in my map post.

I'm trying to combine a couple of mod components with SDK changes, and I was wondering whether the changes to the CvCity.cpp file in this mod impact the number of playable civs, since the only marked change was for colony maintainance.

By popular demand I have upgrade the alternate build tree to include the latest version of Bhruic's unofficial patch (1.08). This version is availible in the first post, and at the bottom of this post.

Craterus22: Glad you enjoy the mod and feel free to link to this thread anywhere, I'm trying to make it the central source for the mod.

Marx&engles: I actually removed the changes I made to the CvCity.cpp file in V4 so those are not important to the playable civs. The latest version of the source files can now be found in the first post, or in post 90 of this thread.

V4.0b Alternate Build (Included Bhruic's 1.08 changes): http://rapidshare.com/files/62578079/40CivsV40b.rar.html

By popular demand I have upgrade the alternate build tree to include the latest version of Bhruic's unofficial patch (1.08). This version is availible in the first post, and at the bottom of this post.

Thanks a lot. :)

Addendum: Argh ... according to this post, v1.08 of Bhruic's patch has a bug which could be pretty much gamebreaking in huge games (upon capitulation, the vassal of the *winner* gets freed). So I guess we have to wait for 1.09 ... and then ask you again to do something which you didn't really want to. :( Hrmph. Can we do something to help?

I've been having some problems when using the source code for this mod and other SDK changes. I am able to compile a dll, but the game doesn't allow the option of starting with >18 civs, and it crashes upon starting a game. Are there any changes in this mod that are incompatible with mods that have SDK changes to only files OTHER than those changed in this mod?

Note: The other changes are from the Influence Driven War Mod which makes changes to CvCity and CvUnit.

Top Bottom