Main Download Information

Version 1.55 is stable and the current official release. It should be bug-free (There may be an occasional CTD, but those are fairly rare.)

Current reports indicate that the latest beta is nearly bug free, with only a few cosmetic issues left. It's up to you which you play.

:lmao: within 50 turns mine crashes, ALWAYS [pissed] so now I'm back to plain RoM

:lmao: within 50 turns mine crashes, ALWAYS [pissed] so now I'm back to plain RoM

:stare at civ_king:

:continue staring:
:shake head:
:walk away:

hey Afforess,
I can produce a crash with Fixed Borders. When I have a few units ordered to claim territory and I enter the World Builder, the game seems likely to crash. I'm not sure if this is the specific cause as it does not happen every time you do it. I've had two games become irretrievably corrupt. I save frequently so I can go back and monitor changes and it seems the entire "tree" of saves get messed up. When I try to open them, I receive the "fail to uncompress" message. I tried clearing the cache, but it does not fix the problem. I simply have to delete all the saves and start a new game.

I've finished a few games, going in and out of World Builder at various stages of the game, without experiencing this problem. It only occurs, with a varying degree of frequency, when I enter WB with a few units ordered to claim territory.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information, or if this is a known problem and I've missed reading about it somewhere. But I thought I would bring it to your attention. If I'm wrong about this, please don't spend a lot of time on it on my account. It's not a big issue. I love your mods and just want to help as best I can.

Thanks

hey Afforess,
I can produce a crash with Fixed Borders. When I have a few units ordered to claim territory and I enter the World Builder, the game seems likely to crash. I'm not sure if this is the specific cause as it does not happen every time you do it. I've had two games become irretrievably corrupt. I save frequently so I can go back and monitor changes and it seems the entire "tree" of saves get messed up. When I try to open them, I receive the "fail to uncompress" message. I tried clearing the cache, but it does not fix the problem. I simply have to delete all the saves and start a new game.

I've finished a few games, going in and out of World Builder at various stages of the game, without experiencing this problem. It only occurs, with a varying degree of frequency, when I enter WB with a few units ordered to claim territory.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information, or if this is a known problem and I've missed reading about it somewhere. But I thought I would bring it to your attention. If I'm wrong about this, please don't spend a lot of time on it on my account. It's not a big issue. I love your mods and just want to help as best I can.

Thanks

That bug should be fixed in my Beta builds, it was a rather unique problem.

:confused: is it really so? My experience is complete opposite. I don't remember what beta of 1.6 I'm playing now (3 or 4) but the game is really STABLE as it was never before. I got my first crash in 1600 AD, and it was a MAF, so it dosn't really count :)

I'm playing marathon, giant, 10 civs map, and even in 18th century the game runs smoothly with just 10 seconds waiting time between turns.

So I really hardly believe someone would like to go back to plain RoM.....

more stable, and when AND crashes it BURNS AKA my screen stops working so I have to hit the power button till it turns off and then turn it back on again [pissed]

but it all started after I installed Simcity 3000 Unlimited (pre-XP game) :( but the crashes slowly got better and on newer games it didn't crash as much

PLEASE Afforess help me

Have you considered that it's your machine? Take it into your local store and get it looked at.

more stable, and when AND crashes it BURNS AKA my screen stops working so I have to hit the power button till it turns off and then turn it back on again [pissed]

but it all started after I installed Simcity 3000 Unlimited (pre-XP game) :( but the crashes slowly got better and on newer games it didn't crash as much

PLEASE Afforess help me

Helped.

Next Question?

:sarcasm:

PLEASE Afforess help me
What is your computer's stats?

What is your computer's stats?

It's a Dell Precision that I know vastly is better than default, but I don't know how to check it, also the problems only started AFTER I installed Simcity 3000 Unlimited

BTW Afforess what was the lmgtfy laptop thing about? I play on a desktop...

Civking, he meant that you should look things up, rather than expecting Afforess to magically know what is going on with your machine more than a thousand miles away from him.

As my father used to say to me whenever I asked something (before the rise of the Internet), "look it up. If you can't be bothered to do it personally, you clearly weren't that interested in knowing anyway."

I Tried, it failed, my google-fu is weak :sad:

Version 1.55 is stable and the current official release. It should be bug-free (There may be an occasional CTD, but those are fairly rare.)

Current reports indicate that the latest beta is nearly bug free, with only a few cosmetic issues left. It's up to you which you play.

Where can I find version 1.55 to download? I only found version 1.53:confused:

Thank You!

Again, first my thanks for your work - it looks very impressive indeed!

Next, I have problems downloading AND - following your main downloadlink lets me start the download but it stops after about 1-2 MB every time I try. I am fairly sure that the problem is not on my end as I usually can download files from Civfanatics without problem (having done so with RoM).

So: Is there an alternative download or a torrent? If yes, any link would be appreciated - I would very much like to work myself into AND.

Thanks for your help!

Again, first my thanks for your work - it looks very impressive indeed!

Next, I have problems downloading AND - following your main downloadlink lets me start the download but it stops after about 1-2 MB every time I try. I am fairly sure that the problem is not on my end as I usually can download files from Civfanatics without problem (having done so with RoM).

So: Is there an alternative download or a torrent? If yes, any link would be appreciated - I would very much like to work myself into AND.

Thanks for your help!

There is also a copy on ModDb.

This incredible modmod is much too hard to find. But all the new stuff and the new options are unmatched:clap::clap::clap:

This incredible modmod is much too hard to find. But all the new stuff and the new options are unmatched:clap::clap::clap:

I've thought about putting it on the main page mod thread, do you think that would be a good idea?

Top Bottom