Quick Questions and Answers

You can't liberate a CS that you conquered; you can liberate CSs that another civ conquered (other than CSs that were diplo married by Austria or bought with a Great Merchant of Venice).

To make a great work, the Great Writer or Artist has to be in a city center tile or in one of the six tiles immediately adjacent to the city center tile AND you need an open Great Work slot of the right type -- writing, art or artifact, music. You can't put a Great Work of Art in a writing slot. For example, your palace provides one Great Work of Art slot, but it is often difficult to find more slots for Great Works of Art in the early to middle part of the game unless you are able to buy Cathedrals with faith. The Parthenon has an art slot, but it comes with a piece of artwork, so that's no help in generating free art slots. Great Works of Writing are usually easier, since you just have to build a amphitheater or two (or finish the Great Library) to have writing slots.

Some questions.

1. Declaration of Friendships, is there a AI opinion penalty for:
a. Refusing them help with money/resources?
b. Refusing to join them in an aggressive war?

2. Luxuries
Are all luxuries worth the same to the AI? Assuming they have spares. So if they don't want to trade lux <-> lux, is that because they have diplomatic concerns?

Some questions.

1. Declaration of Friendships, is there a AI opinion penalty for:
a. Refusing them help with money/resources?
b. Refusing to join them in an aggressive war?

2. Luxuries
Are all luxuries worth the same to the AI? Assuming they have spares. So if they don't want to trade lux <-> lux, is that because they have diplomatic concerns?

For One, I don’t think that there is any penalty for above, at least they are not shown at all. However I am not 100 percent sure.

For two, AI value each luxury equally. Although if some of their cities need specific luxury for “we love the king – celebration” they would ask you or even offer more for that. If they do not want to trade lux for lux, it is only for diplomatic reason, they dislike you enough.

As far as I know.

Some things that annoys me about the game and I am looking for solutions:

First:
Is there a possibility to return the graphic of Trading Posts as how they were in CiV Vanilla?
If so, can you explain how?

Second:
The Great Wall wonder is graphically also very ugly.
Is there a mod that display different Great Wall graphic, or can I simply get rid of the graphic for that World Wonder somehow?

Third:
I am pretty sure there was an option to choose what kind of intro (including intro music) you want to be played, however I cannot find one. Or I am just wrong about that?
I am tired of BNW one, I would like to switch to Vanilla. Is there a possibility and how?

Thank you.

Does a citadel count as a "terrain defense bonus"? If I put my ranged unit into one do I have the defense bonus or not?

Answering the only Q of late that I have quick answers for:

Does a citadel count as a "terrain defense bonus"? If I put my ranged unit into one do I have the defense bonus or not?

It depends what you mean by “ranged unit”. Archer line, yes. Siege units, no.

Why does my warrior with altitude training(mt kilimajaro) have one move point left after moving to hill with forest or jungle? Shouldnt hill with forest use 3 movement point and so there shouldnt be anything left?

That is what "Double movement in hill" means. Doesn't matter if the hill is a naked hill or covered with forest or jungle -- a hill is a hill. When you enter the first hill you still have enough movement points left to get the next tile (including another hill tile).

Works wonderfully with scouts -- with Altitude Training you can cover 4 successive hill tiles (anything but a hill interrupts the chain).

First time ever using STEAM, so totally unfamiliar with the "mod" additions.

How can I get the added civs including Israel that Leugi made?

First, I assume you are not playing on a Mac. If so, visit the Civ V - Mac forum -- there is a sticky thread with instructions on how to deal with Mods on a Mac.

For Windows, fire up Steam, go to Library, and navigate to Civ V -- that page should have (among other things) a prominent section for the Civ V Steam Workshop. Select browse the workshop and rummage around. When you find mods you like, click the Subscribe button. Steam will automatically download the mods to the correct folder (although there are download glitches from time to time, so it may take a while for mods to show up).

If you are already in game, go to the main menu and click Mods. After the warning screen you will see what will probably be an empty screen (since you have no mods yet). Click browse at the bottom of the screen and it will take you to the Civ V Steam Workshop. Browse and subscribe from there.

is earning 20k gold or more per turn possible in normal gameplay or some kind of odd glitch?

Is there a quick way to see a list of which of your luxuries the other civs want? Its getting really annoying having to go into each individual civ's trade screen to see what they want.

Also is there a way to expand the luxury resources list by default in the trade screen? Getting really annoying having to expand it all the time.

Also is it just me or everytime i load a save game, the city management view resets to having ALL panels open except the citizen management panel? It is getting really annoying having to close all the panels everytime i load a save game.

Is there a quick way to see a list of which of your luxuries the other civs want? Its getting really annoying having to go into each individual civ's trade screen to see what they want.
no.
Also is there a way to expand the luxury resources list by default in the trade screen? Getting really annoying having to expand it all the time.
no.
Also is it just me or everytime i load a save game, the city management view resets to having ALL panels open except the citizen management panel? It is getting really annoying having to close all the panels everytime i load a save game.
it happens to everyone

Diplomacy overview by pressing F4? You don't have to go into each civ's trade screen.

Or if using mods try EUI. I have removed stuff I don't like and just left civ list on the right side like on this screenshot :)

Is combat strength linear or exponential? For Example I have unit with 30 cs and it makes 30hp damage. Will unit with 50cs make 50hp damage and unit wih 200cs make 200hp damage? Assuming same target in every scenario.

Are there any hidden downsides to getting Nuclear Non-proliferation passed if you're the only one who currently have atom bombs?

Top Bottom