Why Is Multiplayer So Bad?

I often play multiplay with friends. We don't seem to have many technical problems, which people are often complaining about. Sure resync once in a while or a dropped connection, but we can continue pretty quickly most of the time.

It's not perfect, but pretty fun. The importance here is you should emphasize fun. Yes civ is terrible for competitive play, but hey that's Civ. Lots of things are random or chance.
There's a few things to enhance fairness and fun. Turn on strategic balance and turn off diplomacy victory for one...

I also don't like how the AI is just fodder in multiplayer. They don't interact with anyone, no trade offers like the guy said, they don't try to take over at all like in one player mode. There's just something off about the AI when there are two humans or more involved.
Agreed with this though. They shouldn't be in your face like in SP, but some actual proposals by the AI would be great.

My friend and I have tried since Civ V's launch to fully play a game together but suffered constant synchronization problems, dropped games, and unending frustration.

How has people's experience been with the latest expansion? We haven't tried playing Civ V in about a year because of the extent of the issues we experienced even though it is tremendously fun to play multiplayer.

Thanks in advance to anyone with first-hand experience! :D

Note: I posted this to the Quick Questions And Answers thread but suspected it may be lost in others asking questions too. :p

This post comes from here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=503425

Make of that what you will. Certainly I didn't experience so severe problems (then again I started to play this January so...) but there were problems. At least they are mitigated now.

The issue is they really need to make this worth playing. Right now, it's a bad multiplayer. And I know the very few enjoying it are people who just love crappy multiplayer with RTS based systems and click-first-to-win and timer issues.

The thousands* And add to the thousands of GMRers

I mean come on if you want to be taken seriously, at least try to make a serious argument.

Just ask any of the thousands who play NQ, we have given a simple solution that would fix the few who still play co-op - make it so each military unit can't be moved again until say ~10 seconds has past irrespective of the timer.

But when you ignore the thousands of people who play multiplayer only for your narrow vision, people will not take you seriously, hate to break it to you

Once again, another guy going "Well the rest of the population just bends over and loves giving away the power of choice..so you should too...where's your arguement".

There is no argument. These are facts. Facts are: it is unbalanced, and developer idiocy that has led to it in the state it is in.

Top Bottom