DG4 Game Options: Landmass Type

Donovan Zoi

The Return
This is the Game Options discussion for Landmass Type

What kind of landmass do we want for DG4 -- Archipelago, Continents, Pangaea or Random?

This discussion will run for 5 days, after which I will post a poll.

I always play in Pangaea, although there are some citizens who don't agree with that choice. I prefer expansion and attacking by land.

Random

Hm. Think I would go with random.
Even though Pangea is easy to expand on, I think we would experience a richer game if we got archipelago. Continents again would be something in between.
So random sounds good. :)

I always thought Archipelago would be interesting, but only if the AIs naval skill increases with the necessity to travel by sea.

If that is not the case, then I would go with my old standby Continents.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
I always thought Archipelago would be interesting, but only if the AIs naval skill increases with the necessity to travel by sea.

If that is not the case, then I would go with my old standby Continents.
Archipelago would be very nice as we then are limited in expansion and need to cooperate. But the AI is so lousy in archipelago (especially landings) that it would be too easy.

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
Archipelago would be very nice as we then are limited in expansion and need to cooperate. But the AI is so lousy in archipelago (especially landings) that it would be too easy.

That's pretty much what I thought, Rik. :( Well, Continents it is then for me, as I am not a big fan of Pangaea.

I always wanted to see a good naval battle, but if you say the AI sucks at it, I guess I would like continents. Random would have it's spice in the early game, but once the world is known, we wouldn't want to risk the archipelago.

I say Continents- conquest mostly takes place in the earlier ages and we would be facing the AI on land, but lets not take the ocean completly out of the game shall we?
Plus there's the "old world meets the new world" encounter midgame- I always love seeing how the new civs fit in and change the old world balance.

I'm leaning towards continents.

And a point of order, we got into trouble begininning of DG3 because IIRC the people wanted random landmass and a set water % -- the random setting covers both attributes, so we'd better not choose it for either one unless we choose it for both. :p

As I stated in the water coverage thread, the more land mass we have, the more citizen participation we have. Why limit ourselves by potentially setting up an Archipelago map? Random is not the way to go here.

Archipelago with low water coverage or Random. :)

Random for me

Top Bottom