DG4 Game Options: Barbarians

Donovan Zoi

The Return
This is the Game Options discussion for Barbarians.

How do we want our barbarians served to us in DG4?

No Barbs
Sedentary
Roaming
Restless
Raging
Random

This discussion will run for 5 days, after which I will post a poll.

I personally like surprises. I normally have the barbarian settings on random. But since we are in a monarch game, I believe we should play with restless barbarians.

I say roaming, but if the people want more of a challenge, a higher setting will be ok.

IS this played on Monarch? Was it chosen earlier, or is it set to be so always?

Anyway, I think all the choices are fine, roaming or restless may be the most fun, though.

Random

I always prefer Raging Barbs, but think that Random barb activity could also be interesting. What if we prepared our military for a barb ransacking and later found that the random setting was No Barbs? Could be an interesting dynamic.

Restless should be good.

Random. I like the extra challenge that uncertainty brings in the early game.

I usually play on random settings for the added interest/challenge of working out what’s what, but elsewhere (land mass, water coverage) I have avoided random so we get a map suitable for a demogame. Here I think any level would be suitable so we can stick with random and at least have some surprises in the game.

Random for me.

i say restless, not so extreame that it becomes a problem, but enough that our treasury gets early bosts, and we quickly get elites. we want barbs to be a factor in he game, puting it on raging would mean we would spend more effort on barbs then we need to, don't let the barbs rule our game

I used to think the most violent barbs was good. However raging barbs are just too random and unpredictable. I vote for restless.

Top Bottom