Civ 2: Fantastic Worlds

Peanut Butter

Chieftain
Dose anyone else remember Civ 2: Fantastic Worlds?

I know Civ BE gets a lot of hate. But I still like the game. Did anyone stop to think that Civ BE is just a giant beta for Civ 6?

I think it would be cool if after Civ 6 a reboot of Civ 2: Fantastic Worlds could be a giant beta for Civ 7.

What do you guys think?

Yes I remember it. The manual is actually in an open box three feet from me. I really need to clean and put some stuff away.
I remember several of the scenarios of Fantastic Worlds being incomplete. Especially the dinosaur one. One unit was missing a picture so you just saw a shield on the tile. One technology had two units and one was faster, stronger, and cheaper than the other so there was no reason to ever use the second. I've been waiting years to call out that add on for those oversights to someone.

Yes I remember it. The manual is actually in an open box three feet from me. I really need to clean and put some stuff away.
I remember several of the scenarios of Fantastic Worlds being incomplete. Especially the dinosaur one. One unit was missing a picture so you just saw a shield on the tile. One technology had two units and one was faster, stronger, and cheaper than the other so there was no reason to ever use the second. I've been waiting years to call out that add on for those oversights to someone.

But but but . . .

*old-person cane-shaking remarks about games these days just seem rushed and not ready for release, not like it used to be*

But but but . . .

*old-person cane-shaking remarks about games these days just seem rushed and not ready for release, not like it used to be*

But shiny graphics.

Back on topic, I once considered trying to recreate so.e of the Fantastic Worlds scenarios in Civ 4 but I could not get Civ 2 to load on a modern computer. I got it again in a box box set of the first four games. It was actually cheaper than buying Civ 4 alone! That store clearly didn't compare the prices of their own products.

Back on topic, I once considered trying to recreate so.e of the Fantastic Worlds scenarios in Civ 4 but I could not get Civ 2 to load on a modern computer. I got it again in a box box set of the first four games. It was actually cheaper than buying Civ 4 alone! That store clearly didn't compare the prices of their own products.

I enjoyed Fantastic Worlds even if it was not very, err, "polished." It was fun.

I enjoyed Fantastic Worlds even if it was not very, err, "polished." It was fun.
The problem I had was that due to the lack of polish, if things weren't going well I wasn't sure if I did something wrong or if it was a fault in game design.

I never did play Fantastic Worlds, but I did enjoy Civ II: Test of Time

which would make for an interesting reboot

I wonder if BERT will be the last civ game by Firaxis. It's been 5 years since Civ V and not a peep about even the possibility of Civ VI is out there.

Wow that brings back memories... there was a post apocalyptic one, one with a hyno civ, and the dinosaurs... and mars to as I remember...

Aww I miss those if I could mod I'd do those for BE

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ 2 General Discussions

Someone who used to frequent the Scenario League made an attempt to do a redux, expansion, and cleaning up of the Jules Verne scenario from Fantastic World as a ToT scenario, taking full advantage of it's additional features, but that effort, sadly, kind of fizzled out.

Top Bottom