[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

Give the fighters 200 intercept chance in the xml and try again. If you copied the SDK code right it should check interceptions.

Well. I made the same test with your mod and the bomber isn't intercepted. Is my test wrong or is there a mistake in the code?

Ahhh.... I see what's happening. The interception is happening in nuke(), thus it's checking for SDI interceptions, not fighters.

Hi Dale, i installed your mod but im receiving an annoying message "Got here!". I took a look into the code and it seems you didn't comment some lines (i think those are for debuging?)

Code:
bool CvUnitAI::AI_Abombard()
for (int iPlayer = 0; iPlayer < MAX_CIV_PLAYERS; ++iPlayer)
{
	gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->addMessage((PlayerTypes)iPlayer, true, GC.getDefineINT("EVENT_MESSAGE_TIME"), "Got here!", "AS2D_BOMB_FAILS", MESSAGE_TYPE_INFO, GC.getUnitInfo(getUnitType()).getButton(), (ColorTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_RED"), plot()->getX_INLINE(), plot()->getY_INLINE());
}

Could you remove the message on your next build? im really enyoing my game with your mod but this message is driving me crazzy.

Thanks a lot and GREAT MOD. :goodjob:

Hi Dale, i installed your mod but im receiving an annoying message "Got here!". I took a look into the code and it seems you didn't comment some lines (i think those are for debuging?)

Code:
bool CvUnitAI::AI_Abombard()
for (int iPlayer = 0; iPlayer < MAX_CIV_PLAYERS; ++iPlayer)
{
	gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->addMessage((PlayerTypes)iPlayer, true, GC.getDefineINT("EVENT_MESSAGE_TIME"), "Got here!", "AS2D_BOMB_FAILS", MESSAGE_TYPE_INFO, GC.getUnitInfo(getUnitType()).getButton(), (ColorTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_RED"), plot()->getX_INLINE(), plot()->getY_INLINE());
}

Could you remove the message on your next build? im really enyoing my game with your mod but this message is driving me crazzy.

Thanks a lot and GREAT MOD. :goodjob:

I think I replied to the same thing last page (or the page before). :)

@Dale:

How much time will it take to repair the nukebomber? I'm asking because we have finished your three strategic bombers and want to use them now. :yup:

@All:

Is the AI using the range bombardment? Who has got experience? Please, tell us!

@Dale:

How much time will it take to repair the nukebomber? I'm asking because we have finished your three strategic bombers and want to use them now. :yup:

I'm just finishing up the stack attack code and then I'll upload the next version. This'll include the nuke bomber fix and fighter engagement mission. Probably a couple of days I suppose, depends what happens this weekend (Australia Day weekend for us).

@All:

Is the AI using the range bombardment? Who has got experience? Please, tell us!

Yes, I've been at the pointy end of an AI ranged bombardment in RtW (which uses the same code as this). :)

I'm just finishing up the stack attack code and then I'll upload the next version. This'll include the nuke bomber fix and fighter engagement mission. Probably a couple of days I suppose, depends what happens this weekend (Australia Day weekend for us).

Cool! Australia's sons, let us rejoice....

Dale, im sorry about the duplicated question.

Let me tell you something: your mod is the best mod i ever tried, great work.

Im looking forward for your update.

:thumbsup:

&#8364;: Dear Dale, can you help me with another problem? I want a guided missile with the nuclear explosion. But I can't get it to work right. Have you got an idea how to do it? Can you give me instructions, please? I've got a lot of problems

- detonation appears at the wrong place
- detonation is too short
- missile doesn't disapear, it is going up in the sky or beside with the explosion.

&#8364;: Hi. I could solve some problems myself. But I still have trouble with the time. My explode-animation is very, very fast. How can I slow down the explosion? The rest of the animations seems to work fine at the moment.

QUestion- is there any way to make components of the mod modular, I'd love to add the Air Bombing missions to Wolfshanze.

zinyak:

Great to hear, thanks. :)

Thomas SG:

Ask in the units creation forum, cuz animations are usually linked with the nif file.

jkp:

Do you mean the new pedia concepts window I made for my components? Yes, there's an SDK mod in it to load the new XML file, and also concepts pages are defined in Globals too. If you search in the code for // Dale - DCM you'll get that code (plus a small amount of other code which isn't related to that page). :)

arstal:

No. I used an SDK changes as it's adding new missions and new AI code to handle them. I have looked at Wolf's mod to see about adding it in though.

Dale's mod + JKP's mod + Wolf's.. that would be awesome

Dale, can you help me with another problem? I want a guided missile with the nuclear explosion. But I can't get it to work right. Have you got an idea how to do it? Can you give me instructions, please? I've got a lot of problems

- detonation appears at the wrong place
- detonation is too short
- missile doesn't disapear, it is going up in the sky or beside with the explosion.

Take a look in GlobalDefines.xml theres alot in there that helps with air units etc.. Maybe there is something in there I think looking at it you want to find something like:

Code:
<Define>
	<DefineName>AIR_EXECUTE_FINISH</DefineName>
	<!--Distance an attacker/recon travels during an air mission (after target)-->
	<fDefineFloatVal>400.0</fDefineFloatVal>
</Define>

this code was for air units changing 400.0 to 0.0 would make the plane fly towards its target and bomb it without flying away
But you will need to find the codes for the missile (as code was for air units) if you find all the codes let me know via pm and I'll take a look through them to sort the nuke out it may be possable to change something like above without having to reanimate the missile.

Dale:- small bug with battle effects mod....in the screenshot, 2 workers were chopping the forest down to hurry the barracks along, then a barb attacks my axeman fortified in same tile. Now I can't chop that forest down - note the "axe" icon is missing-(I can build a farm or cottage, but I tried elsewhere), you get NO CREDIT for the wood, until the battlefield effect has gone...

Is it possible to install your combat mod in another mod (BTS "Extra" for instance)?

Top Bottom