Civ 5 SCENARIOS!!!!!!

Bobbtjoe

Emperor
What SENARIOUS do you think will be included in civ 5. Personally, I think there has to be a Rhye's and Fall of Civilization included. I loved playing that.

You can also rage about how I could not for the love of God spell "Senarious" correctly.

There will probably be a WW2 sort of map/s available. If there's not I might get very angry with Firaxis and shout things, you cannot be senarious!!

Maybe something Napoleonic as well?

"Scenarios".

Something Napoleonic would be awesome.

IIRC, I think (don't quote me on that) someone said Kael stated he was not involved with Civ5, which means no FFH Scenario. As for Rhye being involved, that would be cool, but i'm unsure.

I don't think Rhye's and Fall of Civilization will appear for sometime after the release
but for the in-house scenarios maybe a 'build the Roman Empire' one or 'Greco-Persian Wars' one.

too soon to see what the engine can do I suspect.

The oldies but goodies are always welcome. WW2 europe and ww2 pacific. Maybe a world map combining them would be nice. Less detail on the battlefront in exchange for a global scale. I'd like that.

Napoleonic is always nice. I like a american civil war one as well. And I like WW1 scenarios. That war gets forgotten alot. But there was a lot of new tech in that one (planes, tanks etc) that makes it more dynamic.

Hardly. Think of it this way; would you prefer them to ship the game once its ready so that we can start modding, or wait until they finish the game *and* then make several scenarios?

The in-game vanilla scenarios have always been pretty crap anyway. They got better with the expansions though.

Actually, I was hoping that you'd coined a hybrid word for Serious Scenarios...

I'm hoping that Firaxis will concentrate on getting the game right the first time. If they can do that, I'll be thrilled and won't miss the scenarios, I'll be too busy playing.

As for what I would like... NAPOLEONIC has got to be at the top of the list, although any European Empire conflict with muskets would do nicely. War of Spanish succession, French and Indian War, or how about a Henry Morgan scenario or ....Francis Drake which would involve hijacking the Spanish treasure fleet, circumnavigating the Earth and defeating the Spanish Armada.

Or how about a scenario that's basically a wonder-building contest?

Hardly. Think of it this way; would you prefer them to ship the game once its ready so that we can start modding, or wait until they finish the game *and* then make several scenarios?

Exactly. I cut the scenarios from Star Trek 3.0 (and a couple other features as well) so I could get it out sooner.

Civ4 vanilla didn't have many scenarios either. Just American Revolution (a proof of concept scenario) and Desert War. Greek World was patched in as I recall, and Battle for East Asia and World War I were released as downloads here.

I think Firaxis was planning on making a Crusades scenario too, because there is a Knights-Templar unit in the Vanilla assets that remained unused. The Biplane and Mk V were used in the WW1 scenario, released by Shafer, who is now the lead designer for civ5.

I'm thinking Alexander, Napoleon, and WWII Europe (or maybe something slightly less ambitious) would show off the one unit per tile feature and work as scenarios. They're fairly military-based. I'm not sure if they want to think of something more domestic as well.

I've never played any of the scenarios included with any of the past Civ releases. Unless I hear some rave reviews of the scenarios in Civ 5, I don't expect this to change.

well, let's wait and see how civ5 is. We don't know anything about it yet.
If the following are true:
1-civ5 is like civ4 in the mechanics or has a poor Earth map
2-civ5 is as moddable as civ4
3-I have spare time
There will be a RFC for civ5
Whelp...

With the new in game mod distribution systems, it would be very possible for Firaxis to release free mods shortly after the game for people to download via the mod browser. This way we'd still get the basic mods that they tend to like to do but without it having to delay the release of the game.

Personally, I'd be interested to see an ancient non European scenario, like the rise of China or something. Western centric scenarios tire me somewhat.

Top Bottom