Heroes of Might and Wisdom

Hey epicss I look in steam workshop and you're the real creator off this mod. Men I must thank you because this is a real work of art.
Also I want to ask you If you cold release a new civilization if you got the're :mischief:
And I want to give you a hint If you want to keep modding or want to be a game developer. I want to say one of the most important thing in the game is the sound. The sound could make a "good of game" in the best game ever. For example, the game "angry birds". It's crap.:eek: But people got addict because It's have very very cool sounds. So that's It i go say. :goodjob:

Hey I know how swap unique units in your mod. Like If I want the Driad ( from elves ) play for the undead like she play for the high heaven. And I want to know where I put it so other people see when they research.

How can I make this compatible with my Elder Scrolls mod?

@kingchris20
You can add your heroes yourself, and it really easy!
Here is a toturial about how to add hero units:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=510394
if you have more questions, just ask here

@wzyas
for the UU, I simply add a long list of UU for the high heaven, so they can build all of them
if there is a new civilization in a DLC, I'll add new heroes for them
and thanks for the sound tip, you are absolutely right about this!
I'll add sound effects for the skills and spells, hope to add skill/spell animations too, but it seems really difficult, and I'm really bad at arts

@kingchris20
You can add your heroes yourself, and it really easy!
Here is a toturial about how to add hero units:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=510394
if you have more questions, just ask here

@wzyas
for the UU, I simply add a long list of UU for the high heaven, so they can build all of them
if there is a new civilization in a DLC, I'll add new heroes for them
and thanks for the sound tip, you are absolutely right about this!
I'll add sound effects for the skills and spells, hope to add skill/spell animations too, but it seems really difficult, and I'm really bad at arts

Thanks! I'll look into it, I never heard of this mod and haven't tried it yet, but someone in my comments section was asking if I could make it compatible, so I'll give it a shot!

ChangeLog V7
World Heroes start with bonus experience equal to a third of the cost of the wonder
Thanks Mithrandir and scottkbeers for suggest Byzantium Heroes

All Stars MOD ChangeLog V5
Add 36 new Wonders and 36 world heroes for these wonders, thanks Marcus Aveon, kamashamasay, HiddenSquire for suggestion of new wonders;
New city-states, thanks townkrier for providing these city-states and many other improvements for this MOD;

this is an amazing mod, this makes the experience of the game much more enjoyable. the atmosphere and character progress it adds is really great.

is there a option to have fewer heroes available or to make the free heroes at every era optional?

would like to concentrate the leveling on a few heroes, without beeing to fearful to meet the ai, not beeing able to stand up against his number, to make them more distinct and historical in each different game. think this way, the focus on some heroes would have a good balance, in the amount of troops, in relation to the number of heroes, for the players, who dont want to have a large army. a cap of max 3 heroes could be great for this kind of players, and limit of a maximum of heroes someone can have in one game, when the are defeated. this would also hurt more, and would lead to take more care to them, not to loses one hero.

i remember of the days, then i played the board game hero qhest, with only one hero, leveling up. with only few heroes this would give a role play feel to it.

hope you can consider this somehow. anyways i really want to thank you for your time, to make this available to the community. have a good time.

thanks for the comments
I add upkeep in V6 due to player's request
it's a hard design decision, between a game like starcraft II with only one powerful hero unit, or a game like warcraft III with a few heroes leading troops, or a game like dota with heroes as the core of the game. I want the heroes to be more important units in this MOD.
I set a tight hero upkeep at the beginning, then I found it's really hard to conquer with so few heroes, since you got 20+ cites and may be at war with 4 or even more AIs, the heroes become so unimportant in a conquer game, and that's not good design
So I increase the upkeep, so the heroes will more important in conquer
If you want to play a peace game, they can make a good defense instead

thank you for the fast reply. every voice is heard here, nice.

yes there are always two sides, and yours is the right one, and the player base of course. your game design decision is good. this way every nation is forced to interfere or prepare for war at a balanced scale. also a hero unit at every era makes it more welcome to give more heroes a role at the conquering tactics. it makes it more fluent, it appears. and if someone wants to make a outstanding, memorable hero, so he can focus on leveling up him anyways.

thank you for your brave effort

is there a way to make the scroll bar on the right side disappear to make the score list of the civilizations appear again?

also would like to use this mod with the enhanced user interface dlc from bc1

p.s. can we make donations to your awesome work?

I want the heroes to be more important units in this MOD
Thanks for this mod. I wish it had been available last year, as I would like to have incorporated simplified aspects of it into my own mods. Looking briefly at the code, it doesn't seem as though you've included scripts to enable the AI to use the new active abilities?

@FramedArchitect
there is a "AIHeroUseAbility" function at the end of the LUA\HeroesEvents.lua
it's very simply, use a random ability on a random target, since write complex AI is too hard:)

Your faerum mod is awesome!
The new tech, policy, units, they are all great.
If you want to switch your hero system based on this MOD, you have my full support!

Besides, this mod is lack of unit models, I wonder if you can let me use the hero models in faerum?

@Kamilon
for the right side civilization list, it's ok on my machine, may be conflict with other mod?
for enhanced user interface mod, both mods modify heavily on UI, so quite hard to work together, maybe I can merge it in, but it's not urgent work

@FramedArchitect
there is a "AIHeroUseAbility" function at the end of the LUA\HeroesEvents.lua
it's very simply, use a random ability on a random target, since write complex AI is too hard:)
Aha! That explains it!

If you want to switch your hero system based on this MOD, you have my full support!
If you would be willing to work with me closely to integrate some of your heroes ideas into Faerun, I would be willing to undertake making a vastly updated BNW version of the mod (which I hadn't planned to do). If this is an interesting project idea for you, let's discuss further!

Besides, this mod is lack of unit models, I wonder if you can let me use the hero models in faerum?
Of course feel free to use anything in my mods in your own (though all credit for most of those unit models goes to Danrell)!

thanks for the unit models, will add credits for you and Danrell

So let's work together to add the heroes. BNW won't be an issue, since in next version, this MOD will not depend on any Expansion.

Can you prepare a spreadsheet of your hero design? I'll generate the xml files for them.

I attach an example spreadsheet, for each hero, you need to supply the following:
Name : name of the hero in english

Class : one of these Savage/Might/Courage/Agility/Endurance/Wisdom/Sorcery

Female : 0 for male and 1 for female

PortraitIndex and IconAtlas : if you prepare portraits for your heroes, you can add them, otherwise left them empty, will then use some random portrait

History : a short biography of the hero ( can be left empty )

Civilization and Wonder : fill only one of them, if this is a national hero, fill the Civilization, if this hero unlocked by a wonder, fill in the wonderclass type

For balance, each Civilization should have 3 national heroes, a Might one, an Agility one and a Wisdom one.

Attachments

• heroExample.7z
    9.2 KB · Views: 113
dear epiccs,

thank you for your answer.

no there is no conflict with another mod for the right civilization list to appear.

just wanted to ask if it is possible somehow or someday, to make the scrollbar optional, so the enhanced user interface dlc right panel would show up.

think both mods are great, and its a hard decision to choose between them.

a decision between advanced ui and deeper game atmosphere and war progression.

time will show.

So let's work together to add the heroes. BNW won't be an issue, since in next version, this MOD will not depend on any Expansion.

Hi epicss, and thanks for the reply! I think I could, on my own, just replace the faerun heroes with your mod (if I wanted to go that direction I might just have your mod as a required for mine).

But I'm thinking more about keeping the best aspects of faerun heroes and changing some aspects of your mod to fit better within the DnD world. That would mean creating a unique hero system just for faerun.

For example, I'd like to keep the way spell-casting heroes gain abilities through the schools of magic in faerun. And while I love the seven pillars/talents (leveling) concept in your mod, I don't think this fits easily within a DnD world.

I'd also like to keep all the special hero classes of faerun and in addition to might (strength, increases melee dmg) and wisdom (increases clerics' chance to cast) attributes, also add dexterity (increases ranged dmg) and intelligence (increases chance to cast for wizards).

One of the best aspects of your mod, imo, is the artifact system. I like that it forces you to use your hero to actively "quest" out in the game world. Which is why I would probably disable the Artifact shop for Faerun. I probably would also not allow artifacts to grant spells and skills, but rather build passives (i.e. push all the talents skills down into artifacts).

Finally, I don't think every faerun civ needs a unique hero, and some heroes could be obtained via policy choices, tech choices or alignment (good, evil, neutral). The more options for players, the better!

Of course I have a huge list of changes and new things I would add in a BNW version, including a completely new religion system, a completely new alignment system, a new racial mechanic (when a unit is born you can choose whether it will be an elf, halfling, human, etc), and many new events both large and small. Many of these new systems could be tied to heroes in some way.

If you're still interested in working on faerun, let me know and we can set up some sort of chat mechanism (icq or steam or the like), and get set up for project file sharing on Sourceforge.

best,
FA

Top Bottom