King of the Netherlands wins an economic victory?

Gherkin

Chieftain
Ok, playing 1.09b, revolutionary level. I was playing the Dutch. The revolution had not even begun yet (I was gearing up for it), and I get a message saying the King of the Netherlands had won an economic victory. Maybe I'm missing something, but how does that fit into the game mechanics? I trade too much and the King wins?

The tax rate was about 75%, year 1686 or so. I had accumulated about $60,000.

Seems like an odd way to lose a game.

Yeah there seems to be a bug where your King's trade amount is heavily inflated. Confirmed.

This happened to me with the King of England. Will this bug fix be in 1.10?

Also, what is the criteria for a king to win an Economic Victory? Or more correctly, what is SUPPOSED to be the criteria?

The main one is that, you aren't a King!

See post above. :)

The main one is that, you aren't a King!

If that's the case, then presumably, there is a deadline or some other criteria involved? Otherwise, the king has already won on the first turn.

The question was "what are the criteria for a King scoring an economic victory?"

The answer is clearly "to not be a King". :p

Sounds like the criteria to score an eco. win, is not to be a King...

So, he can't or better shouldn't achieve it...

Clear as mud. :p

The question was "what are the criteria for a King scoring an economic victory?"

The answer is clearly "to not be a King". :p

*sigh* Sorry I asked.

I guess I'm completely stupid, but I don't see how you've answered my question.

It's a bug. A King is not supposed to trigger an eco (or production) victory.

Fixed for 1.10

Ha ha. Fist of all thanks for the Mod, i downloaed it a few days ago and started a game in which my king won by an economic victory.

I was frustrated and was going to open a post about this. Good to see it has been corrected.

Thanks for the mod again.

Top Bottom