[BTS] Fictionalization IV

When I launch the mod I get 2 error messages:

LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml
-and-
Failed Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml.
[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML file -
File:xml\GameInfo/Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Reason: End tag 'DiplomacyInfo' does not match the start tag 'Response'.

Line: 699,5
Source: /DiplomacyInfo

I can exit these error messages and the game starts, but I see no diplomacy text when I meet other civs.

When I launch the mod I get 2 error messages:

LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml
-and-
Failed Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml.
[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML file -
File:xml\GameInfo/Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Reason: End tag 'DiplomacyInfo' does not match the start tag 'Response'.

Line: 699,5
Source: /DiplomacyInfo

I can exit these error messages and the game starts, but I see no diplomacy text when I meet other civs.

I have the exact same issue.

:confused: strange.
I have the latest version, and i do not get the errors :confused:.

Could you upload your Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml?

Also, was yours a fresh install of the modpack or an update? Mine was a fresh installation.

The small patch you wanted :).

Fixes the problem with the diplomacy infos and a small problem with the respawn promotion.

I've seen some bugs:
- Some leaderhead buttons are wrong
- The :) icon is not placed for the celebrity promotion. No idea, why.

Attachments

• Fictionalization beta - Hotfix.zip
    66.6 KB · Views: 92
FYI, another bug.

This will often appear among the messages on top of the screen:

TXT_KEY_TEMPLO_MAYOR_GAMETXT2
TXT_KEY_TEMPLO_MAYOR_GAMETXT1

I also turned down Dracula's demand for resources, and he replied:

AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_DENIED

FYI, another bug.

This will often appear among the messages on top of the screen:

TXT_KEY_TEMPLO_MAYOR_GAMETXT2
TXT_KEY_TEMPLO_MAYOR_GAMETXT1

I also turned down Dracula's demand for resources, and he replied:

AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_DENIED

The "Templo Mayor" messages appeared in the 3.17 version as well. I'm not sure what events the changed wonder is supposed to be triggering.

I'm not sure if anything can be done about this one, but when Sinbad respawns it does so in your capital city. Mine was landlocked so Sinbad was stuck.

I'm not sure if anything can be done about this one, but when Sinbad respawns it does so in your capital city. Mine was landlocked so Sinbad was stuck.

:blush: ups, that's a bug.
Can something be done, sure.

Sigh. I'm on the cusp of victory, but it crashes. Save file attached.

Attachments

• Glorious Leader AD-1928.CivBeyondSwordSave
    640.8 KB · Views: 56
@The J: Thanks for the correcting the DiplomacyInfos file. I tried the hotfix first, but curiously it didn't work; then just replacing the DiplomacyInfos file with yours did the trick.

@cfkane: There seems to be an unintended side effect from making the religion-specific national units dependent upon a monastery. When I adopt Organized Religion, I can build any religion-specific national unit for which I've researched the proper techs in any city, regardless of what religions are actually present there. Thus, I can build Xians anywhere from the outset (as they have no specific tech requirement), even before Taoism comes into play.

I agree that it would indeed be cool if some of Fictionalization IV's units could be ported into RoM as a modmod, but this mod is pretty far along as it is. The point of Fictionalization IV, as I understand it, is to create a self-contained world involving new leaders and civs from literature, movies, and pop culture, with its own cleverly interwoven alternate history thread that accounts for everything. Making it a subcomponent of RoM would defeat that purpose.

Although I play a lot of RoM myself, like many others I find myself loading up on modmod after modmod, and on my low end machine, things get rather slow. I can get through a game of Fictionalization IV a lot more quickly ...

Modfan said it better than I would have. Fictionalization is meant to be self-contained. I want a rich aesthetic added to the gaming experience, but I still want the game to be streamlined and simple.

And as much as I respect the people behind ROM, I've always found the mod a bit cluttered for my taste. I may borrow a component here or there as needed, but still, Fictionalization is Fictionalization.

Top Bottom