oos problem on multiplayer games

mata296

Chieftain
Hey everyone

i've been playing civ and col for along time now .. and also dale's patches. but in the 25 games we started we could never end one without the OOS error. mostly occurring around turn 50-70. saving -reloading clears the OOS for 10-20 more turns.

i cant restart the game every 20 turns ..

i read alot in the BTS civ4 forums as well, they have a patch for it, but does not work on colonization.

we all have the same config file and we tried re-installing multiple times

we play lan - winxp/vista mixed - 4 human (2xp 2 vista) and full ai .. 32 i think ..

we all have core2 duo with 2 GB + and full ak video

i posted this here in the hope it would catch dale's attention, because after reading more then 100 threads .. it seems he is the only one active and beeing able to do something about it.

plz help

Mata

Mata,

I just reported the same problem to Dale offline. It seems to occur whenever one of you accesses an advisor from the second row of buttons. It has been very consistent in my MP games.

PudgyOne

hey man,

good to hear i am not the only one. Do you also have a mixed XP -vista setup? because when i play xp pc's only it didnt occur ..

Mata

Mata,

I'm not sure if this will help you or not. (This is my very first forum posting ever... I'm usually just a "watcher").

My husband and I play this mod (we love it!) in MP mode. He is Vista, I'm XP. We have not installed 1.10 yet so are currently playing 1.09. We get OOS errors from 2 different instances:

1. When we access the Rev advisor. This appears to be fixed in 1.10, I think?
2. When we enter Europe from the West and exit to the East or vice versa.

We fix this problem by my husband exiting, then re-entering the game. I wait until he reappears and we go on from there. OOS fixed!

Hope this works for you!

hey,

the rev button oos is still there in 1.10

yeah well today we retried playing a game, after turn twelve we get OOS, and we didnt push the rev button or went to the west side of america, we didnt discover it yet.

i think a game is non playable if after 12 turns ( 15 mn playtime game has to be reloaded)

is there a way to disable the oos error message? cause game seems to run ok ..

also when i save game and reload OOS is gone, but since new version 1.10 when i reload units in my citys have diff proffession, boat dissapeared once, ai strenght differs (score) after reload.

i think it has something to do with new random seed or something, but if i play with it on or off it stays the same.

thx for any help

Mata

Top Bottom