AOD 1.10 without the extra buildings?

TheGroom

Chieftain
Hi all,

Dale we love your mod but.....

Is tere anyway you could release the AOD xml's for the 1.10 mod without the integrated extra buildings mod? Whilst I do like a change, there are changes a step too far!!

Also a heads up on a OOS issue with the 1.10 - my friend and I found ANY visit to Europe would cause a OOS. We fixed this by extracting the Europe 4.1 files into the Aod dir. Played with the old europe screen - no OOS?!?!?!

Please can someone (Dale :) ) make the xmls so they don't have the extra buildings!?!?!

Cheers,

TheGroom

Please expand your wishes in regards to buildings. If there are specific buildings with problems I'd like to know. I don't think going back to how it was is the best step here. I prefer working on what we have and making it work. :)

Hi Dale,

Your a star for answering - it's just the buildings from the extra building mod. If it has been integrated too much we will persevere!

If your caught a bit short on landing it just seems hard to keep up enough with all the extra itterations of building type. Or the AI bonuses need to be brought a bit more inline - AI expanding is good - taking over the globe (mwahahahahahahahahahah) is a little extreme :)

I'm sure someone will find a way to return the buildings to vanilla - i'm just not that good at xml!

Yeah I'll have to tone down AI expansion a little in the next version. Seems it may be a little too powerful now. :p

Yeah I'll have to tone down AI expansion a little in the next version. Seems it may be a little too powerful now. :p

Dale when you next tweak the AI in 1.10, is it possible to only patch the current version? It is impossible for me to download the mod at home because of my INTERNET connection being through a phone modem. I have had to visit a friend who lives about 5 miles from my house to have him download the 300 megs of each of the last 3 updates.

If you can't, I understand and I'll just have to make the trip again.

Yes patches will definitely happen from now. The only reason it was a full DL for this version is because I changed file hosts from Apolyton to WePlayCiv. :)

Yes patches will definitely happen from now. The only reason it was a full DL for this version is because I changed file hosts from Apolyton to WePlayCiv. :)

:eek:
Thank's a lot dale.Everyone would appreciate this:goodjob:

Please expand your wishes in regards to buildings. If there are specific buildings with problems I'd like to know. I don't think going back to how it was is the best step here. I prefer working on what we have and making it work. :)

I think the problem with buildings is that things are just too... spartan now. Every city starts empty, and can't do anything worthwhile until after a long period of construction. Even early construction is gimped, if you're unlucky enough not to get a carpenter or two in your early units, it takes forever just to get some basic production capability going.

I could live with the new version with empty cities and multiple levels of gimped starting buildings if only the first city started with a few more things, or if the starting sawmill wasn't so limited.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

It could be easy to add an option for fast starting (having more starting buildings almost like a vanilla game).

My 2 cents: I like the new buildings fully and completely...

... the only exception being the customs house is lacking, but I think I've beaten that drum enough to drive Dale bonkers ;)

I like the idea of a more established first city, so buildings comparable to vanilla level. But with other cities start empty.

What says everyone else? :)

Thank you very much.:goodjob:

On the buildings issue, I like the new buildings. Playing vanilla while waiting for your toned down AI expansion tweak and the buildings when the town is create are just too much too soon for my taste. Even the first township should grow and not have the module ready to go shops, and civic buildings come over on the ship to be plopped down and running (IMHO).

I like the idea of a more established first city, so buildings comparable to vanilla level. But with other cities start empty.

That sounds like a winner to me. I haven't played an official 1.10 game yet, but my experience with the new buildings in the RC version of 1.10 was rather frustrating. Seems like it took forever to get a city into a useable production mode. I eventually gave up on my own towns and just took to conquering AI cities to get decent production going ;-)

That would help a lot!

I'd also like to see the sawmill with fewer unproductive stages before reaching normal levels. Between the lack of entry-level buildings and the inter-dependent stages of production, it just takes forever to get production going, meaning I also cant afford to divert production to political points.

This said, I do like the new challenge level.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I wouldn't complain if it were done, but I wouldn't say it's necessary...

mhm wouldnt complain if it happends tho i dont think its really necessary.
A Town Hall or Capital like building in starting Town would be enough imo.
This way the "3-ES-is-enough-for-DoI" exploit would be gone where ppl dont use ES or Bell production and just do it in the end game to rush the RS up to DoI lvls.
If you want PP and FF you got to use the Capital building with ES and produce REF/Bells.
If sawmills or alike are added into First Town again it would be all the same story again as PPs would exclusevly produced through Carpenters.

Kind of annoying is the current situation where you produce REF/Bells but dont have a chance to increase the Town RS untill you built the 2nd TH building...

I like the idea of adding more buildings (kudos to the modder) and it does slow down the game a lot - a little bit too much. In otherwords, the concept is sound but it needs some tuning. I see two options:

1> Minimalist approach - just add the blacksmith shelter and landing to starting city.

2> Start with all the "shelter class" buildings except for warehouse, church, dry dock, pasture and armory. That still adds at least an additional layer of buildings but without the steep uphill climb.

My suggestion would be to have a starting radio button option to choose how you want to start. The Vanilla starting point for all cities could be one of the options.

I was a little reticent about my first post expecting people to say - we asked for more buildings now YOU don't want them!!! or even just "Noob" :D

I would love a "Vanilla" or "Expanded Building" option on start-up, that's my preferred choice

But a more established base city with all the buildings from vanilla but at shelter level i.e. no pasture would really help with initial set-up and production.

I modded to start with all the "shelter class" buildings except for warehouse, church, dry dock, pasture and armory. So far I like it a lot better. Seems just right to me.

I agree with Groom somewhat.

Is there any way you can make the extra buildings an option so those who want them can have it on, and those who do not can switch it off

Top Bottom