Neoteric World

Take your time and do it right :)
Always War was awesome the real original version of Modern Era Warfare. Would love to see it return. :)

top notch mod :)
this really takes away the temptation of playing any others
I think this will totally get me through until civ 5
Thanks a bunch man :)
-Dan

apparently on mine its the radar sites that give -25% to air something something
my memory apparently really sucks but you get the idea ;)
just don't build them and you can get around it

the easiest way I can see to get around it for now is to open the civ4cityLsystem.XML file in
\mods\neoteric world\assets\xml\buildings\civ4cityLsystem.xml
open it with wordpad and hit CTRL+F to open a search bar, and type in Arcology
under the
<ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_ARCOLOGY">
line you want to edit
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szSpecialLayout:CitySurround</Attribute>
to be
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szSpecialLayout:CityCenter</Attribute>
change CitySurround to CityCenter and it'l make a little tiny Arcology dome inside your city. Not quite as cool lookin, but for now it at least makes the game playable :)
unfortunately I don't know jack about modding.
I'll upload my XML somewhere if anybody wants so you can just swap them if you can't find that line, should be fairly easy tho.

Sorry! I totally forgot to upload this. Busy week lol. Back to playing CIV4 now for a few days, got a couple days off :D

Ive added the patch to the download database and its also linked in the first post.

It fixes the sheilding issue, had to change a lot of building sizes so you may notice about 10 buildings are around 1/3 the usual size. Also adds Real Always War by The_J in which the computers are always at war with eachother when selecting Always War game option.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15017

Sorry! I totally forgot to upload this. Busy week lol. Back to playing CIV4 now for a few days, got a couple days off :D

Ive added the patch to the download database and its also linked in the first post.

It fixes the sheilding issue, had to change a lot of building sizes so you may notice about 10 buildings are around 1/3 the usual size. Also adds Real Always War by The_J in which the computers are always at war with eachother when selecting Always War game option.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15017

Thanks man :goodjob:

Hi all just saying great mod.

But iam having frequent crashes, iam playing with 22 AI and another Human. Sometimes it just stops responding and windows asks if i wish to close it (Windows 7 and u cant go back into the game) and another crash I get says failed to allocate video memory. I have a powerful machine so that should not be the problem.

Dont have any problems with Civ BTS Vanilla
Patched to latest BTS version
Playing on Gigantic Map
Reinstalled and Installed
Steam Version

Please can someone help me as me and my partner have a game we are really far into and it keeps getting one of these crashes often.

Hi all just saying great mod.

But iam having frequent crashes, iam playing with 22 AI and another Human. Sometimes it just stops responding and windows asks if i wish to close it (Windows 7 and u cant go back into the game) and another crash I get says failed to allocate video memory. I have a powerful machine so that should not be the problem.

Dont have any problems with Civ BTS Vanilla
Patched to latest BTS version
Playing on Gigantic Map
Reinstalled and Installed
Steam Version

Please can someone help me as me and my partner have a game we are really far into and it keeps getting one of these crashes often.

I cant say this is multiplayer stable im afraid. You will have to look inside this forum for a thread called RevDCM multiplayer to find out what settings work with multiplayer and what doesnt. I believe theres issues with the revolutions and barbarians.

We already play with no barbarians, random events and revolutions. Ive got to a point were it crashes about 95% now on this turn. This is also crashing when I kick the other Human out of multiplayer on the windows 7 machine but I can transfer the saved game to Windows XP machine and it runs fine.

It Appears to happen most when talking to someone and seeing the movie of their leader.
Also changed alot of the ini file around as people on other forums have suggested and still no luck.

sometimes the problem manifests as Fatal Error, Memory allocation Error

Some people are saying that any map size bigger than Huge is unstable and will crash eventually is this true? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359033

we are playing a Marathon length game and are on turn number 728

Windows 7 32 bit
Compute Specs E8500 processor
GTX 280
2gb Ram
Also Disabled Sound

Also replaced the GTX 280 with a Geforce 8800
and the 2gb DDR 3 Ram with 1gb DDR 2 Ram
Compatablity mode doesnt work either this crashes before it loads a save.

Got latest drivers for all hardware and tried 3 different graphics drivers one old, one fairly recent and latest.

Any help would be appreciated.

unfortunately I've never had good luck with the larger maps and I'm currently running a 3 gig quad core processor, 4 gigs of ram, and 2 gigs of GPU for my video card all liquid cooled. No matter what I do, I always seem to eventually run into a memory allocation problem on the larger maps.
I think the only real solution is a similar system to mine but with a 64bit operating system and 8 gigs of ram rather than a 32 bit with 4.

We already play with no barbarians, random events and revolutions. Ive got to a point were it crashes about 95% now on this turn. This is also crashing when I kick the other Human out of multiplayer on the windows 7 machine but I can transfer the saved game to Windows XP machine and it runs fine.

It Appears to happen most when talking to someone and seeing the movie of their leader.
Also changed alot of the ini file around as people on other forums have suggested and still no luck.

sometimes the problem manifests as Fatal Error, Memory allocation Error

Some people are saying that any map size bigger than Huge is unstable and will crash eventually is this true? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359033

we are playing a Marathon length game and are on turn number 728

Windows 7 32 bit
Compute Specs E8500 processor
GTX 280
2gb Ram
Also Disabled Sound

Also replaced the GTX 280 with a Geforce 8800
and the 2gb DDR 3 Ram with 1gb DDR 2 Ram
Compatablity mode doesnt work either this crashes before it loads a save.

Got latest drivers for all hardware and tried 3 different graphics drivers one old, one fairly recent and latest.

Any help would be appreciated.
It doesnt sound like your computer is the problem! Civ4 I believe has always had the problem with memory allocation if theres way too many things happening on a map. Try playing huge, You wont get the problem there. Its not to do with this mod but the way civilization has been built.
unfortunately I've never had good luck with the larger maps and I'm currently running a 3 gig quad core processor, 4 gigs of ram, and 2 gigs of GPU for my video card all liquid cooled. No matter what I do, I always seem to eventually run into a memory allocation problem on the larger maps.
I think the only real solution is a similar system to mine but with a 64bit operating system and 8 gigs of ram rather than a 32 bit with 4.
Me too, But I thought i would include the giant and gigantic maps because I had a few requests for it. Maybe some peoples playing style doesn't get too many things happening on a giant and gigantic map and they can play them fine.

Im glad people are enjoying this mod! It took a long time to put together and get balanced :)

Thanks for the replies, what I find wierd is that the saved games work fine with the Gigantic map on two Windows XP machines with varying spec and not on my Windows 7 one.

Top Bottom