WW2 Unit Graphics

will do chap. And yeah the Steve Brown w. Desert and Italy campaign is an old favourite from PG2 which has been converted to OG.

There are now 3 SCW campaigns btw - 2 for the fascists and 1 for the republicans. Just need a few more aircraft pics and it's good to go hopefully ;)

Wow, great unit graphics. And great to see that you are still around here :goodjob:

I hope I don´t annoying you if I´m asking if there are other units from other eras in planning? :mischief:

I´m updating my AWI scenario and also working on a Napoleonic scenario, but unfortunatelly I don´t have so much time. So maybe I have a chance to release them before christmas time, hopefully.

Here are city graphics, which I made or rather moded from Curts city styles he uploaded on this site some years ago. One are for my AWI scenario, the other one for the Napoleonic scenario.

AWI:

Napoleonic:

Oh, sorry for hijacking this thread with non WW2 graphic topics ;)

Attachments

• AWI.png
    AWI.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,324
  • Napoleonic.png
    Napoleonic.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,445
Czechoslovakian Avia B534 1935.
To have it fight actually though would put it in the Sci-fi/ Fantasy category. :p

A couple of Dewoitine and Tupolev minimods.
The B71 is a prewar Czech licence built Tupolev.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Avia 534.png
    Tanelorn Avia 534.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 574
  • Tanelorn D500.png
    Tanelorn D500.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 638
  • Tanelorn D500 Spain.png
    Tanelorn D500 Spain.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 517
  • Tanelorn Tupolev minimods.png
    Tanelorn Tupolev minimods.png
    7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • Tanelorn Avia B71 minimod.png
    Tanelorn Avia B71 minimod.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 596
Gareth,

I was trying to install some of the most recent Open General campaigns from Alderkorps site but got in a bit of a mess. I then uninstalled the old copy I was using and downloaded the Open General bundle pack from Luis Guzman's site and I was delighted to see all of the scenarios there. Should keep me going for a while.

The one I'm addicted to at the moment is the extremely difficult but immensely fun to play Yugoslav Partizan campaign. It is so well designed! If anyone has not had a go at Open General I would highly recommend it. I believe it is a good inspiration for Civ2 scenario design as well (trying to keep it on topic ;)).

Nice one Drew. I'm well on the way to completing OG WW2 graphics. Most of the major stuff is done; I'll let you have it if you want when I'm done.

By way of a taster, here are some ww2 trucks new and old:

Attachments

• fairline ww2 trucks preview.png
    fairline ww2 trucks preview.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,201
Excellent. Love the Quad!

I have been hooked on the Yugoslav Campaign for the past week or more and I'm getting towards the end now which is a shame. Some epic fighting retreats from encirclement, especially the crossing of the Neretva!

And suddenly, beautiful early WW2 campaigns are within grasp.
Or alternative history early start WW2s.
The Sd.Kfz. 11 is my favourite.
:thumbsup:

well here's an obsessive amount of ww2 trucks drawn for Open General which I've labelled and put in ToT format ;)

The Open General unit icons are virtually complete with the exception of AA guns, which I may get a second wind and draw in future.. Anyone who wants them let me know and I can e-mail.

Attachments

• fairline ww2 trucks.png
    fairline ww2 trucks.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,494
Here's the working bmps for the unit icons I drew for OG. I'm too lazy to put them all in ToT unit files but if anyone has a request for any particular ones I'll see what I can do.

Attachments

• fairline 2014 ww2 open general.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 268
I've relented a bit on turning these into ToT units - here's some US and Brit artillery that I've had to butcher and shorten barrels and trails to fit :lol:

If there's any appetite for more of these I'll continue with other nation's artillery.

Attachments

• fairline ww2 US and UK arty.png
    fairline ww2 US and UK arty.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,053
I've pinched a few of your units for the Open General stuff Tim, hope you don't mind. Don't suppose you have a Ca. 310 unit icon do you? I'm a bit burned out drawing aircraft :)

I've relented a bit on turning these into ToT units - here's some US and Brit artillery that I've had to butcher and shorten barrels and trails to fit :lol:

If there's any appetite for more of these I'll continue with other nation's artillery.

Actually, now that you mention it, I could use upgraded 122mm Artillery and 105mm Howitzer units for my Korean War scenario. As for nationality, they're actually being used as generic UN units, so any appropriate American or Commonwealth will do. If you could, thanks in advance!

Actually, now that you mention it, I could use upgraded 122mm Artillery and 105mm Howitzer units for my Korean War scenario. As for nationality, they're actually being used as generic UN units, so any appropriate American or Commonwealth will do. If you could, thanks in advance!

Um, I just posted US and Commonwealth artillery that was used in WW2 and the Korean war, above your post ;)

The US M2A1/M101 105mm and M1/M114 155mm were in general use amongst the UN nations in the Korean War (top row 2nd and 3rd units). The US and allies didn't use a 122mm. If it's a Russian 122mm you are after I can convert that from the Open General units I posted. The US also used the 'Long Tom' 155mm and M115 203mm (1st row 8th unit) both of which shared the same carriage.

As for Britain and the Commonwealth nations in Korea, they used the 25-pdr 87mm (3rd row 4th unit) as well as the 5.5" gun (4th row 1st unit)

Top Bottom