How do I make notes with BUG?

stebbinsd

Chieftain
I have BUG installed. I saw some of Quill18's let's plays on youtube, where he did a variety of utility things, like plant markers (the type I remember seeing in the World Creator) leaving notes of what improvements he's going to make onto a tile, planting grey BFCs where he wants to plant cities, and even drawing red lines to show other types of boundaries.

I can't seem to figure out the keyboard input for these types of notes? How do I get them? The BUG download didn't come with a PDF instruction manual, so I'm having to figure this all out on my own!

Also if you hover over a tile and push Alt + S, then you can left-click to write a sign on that tile.
And you can open the strategy layer to draw some lines / place signs by clicking the Globe View icon in the bottom right of the interface. The button on the far right in Globe View is the "strategy layer".

Also if you hover over a tile and push Alt + S, then you can left-click to write a sign on that tile.
And you can open the strategy layer to draw some lines / place signs by clicking the Globe View icon in the bottom right of the interface. The button on the far right in Globe View is the "strategy layer".

Ofc, Alt + S, how could I forget :blush: .

When you use Alt + S, be very careful, because Alt + Q makes you quit the game. It fortunately never happened to me, but I know from other HoF and GOTM players, that they pressed Alt + Q accidentally, and couldn't submit their game once it was finished, because they weren't able to replay the moves before with 100% accuracy.

When you use Alt + S, be very careful, because Alt + Q makes you quit the game. It fortunately never happened to me, but I know from other HoF and GOTM players, that they pressed Alt + Q accidentally, and couldn't submit their game once it was finished, because they weren't able to replay the moves before with 100% accuracy.

Never happened to me either, but good to know.

Initial thought was that all those shortcuts are probably stored in an XML file somewhere, so why not just remove Alt-Q...? But of course, it hit me next, that would just invalidate the game anyway, as BUFFY surely checks that all XML files are unchanged.

Vigilance it is then ;)

@stebbinsd

Check out the 'Shortcuts' entry located in the in-game Sevopedia. I believe you'll find many of the keyboard shortcut combos you're looking for there. Also, Alt+Ctrl+F1 brings up an external BUG-mod help file.

Top Bottom