(CONFIRMED) Waiting for other civilizations...

yes this was in response to you ;)
I loaded the save game and ended it and after 20-30 seconds the next turn began, so there was no hanging at all :dunno:
Interesting...

Assuming the same holds true for others, it suggests either a hardware issue or a corrupted file on my end. Perhaps reinstallation is in order...

Thanks for taking the time to check this out :)

anyone eles still getting this bug, I've gotten it everytime I've played. I'm using 3.13 and fall from heaven II mod.

I did not have the "waiting for other civilizations" bug for a long time but today it happened. I already tried to load a savegame from some turns earlier but I always get stuck in January 1958. The attached savegame is from the end of the turn BEFORE the problem occurs.
Can someone test the savegame?

I did not have the "waiting for other civilizations" bug for a long time but today it happened. I already tried to load a savegame from some turns earlier but I always get stuck in January 1958. The attached savegame is from the end of the turn BEFORE the problem occurs.
Can someone test the savegame?

this applies here as well:

:hmm: proceeds fine for me - is there anything one has to do to make this happen?

Any word on this problem getting fixed. I'd say I get this problem in about 25% of games where It goes long enough to get to the modern age. Kind of anoying, I have good game going right now.

Any word on this problem getting fixed. I'd say I get this problem in about 25% of games where It goes long enough to get to the modern age. Kind of anoying, I have good game going right now.
There have been no reproducible instances of this bug since 3.13 was released, so it appears to have been fixed long ago.

When you go to Advanced->Options, which Civ version and Build version are displayed? Which mods do you use? Can you upload a savegame right before the problem surfaces?

When I'm 99 years away from reaching the time limit (first game in BTS) it gives me "Waiting for other civilizations...", and I wait and wait ... but nothing (playing vs AI) but the game just remaings stuck their (even on closing and reopening civ with that save).

I renamed the savegame so it could be upped, please rename it to a .CivBeyondSwordSave

edit : Just read about the "Patch_302", installed it, retried it, but the problem still remains.

for one, why do you STILL have Swordsmen, Chariots, and Muskets?

I have BTS v3.19 and am playing a game on Rhye's and Fall mod. I tried Solver's dll but the game is still in loop. I've waited for about an hour as well.

Interestingly, I had another saved game about 6 turns prior. When I continued from this saved game I got one turn further than before.

BTW, this bug is still in the game, I had it on a game I was playing yesterday. Am I right in remembering that it had to do with using a unit that wasn't properly referenced in the game (or something like that)? And more likely to occur during war. I have a great game going, I'd like to be sure it would be able to go on. I am playing a mod made by a friend of mine some time ago, I'm not sure if he'd even have time to look into it, if its likely to be caused by an error in his mod. Is there some way to find out?

Thanks to anyone that looks into this for me. :)

BTW, this bug is still in the game, I had it on a game I was playing yesterday. Am I right in remembering that it had to do with using a unit that wasn't properly referenced in the game (or something like that)? And more likely to occur during war. I have a great game going, I'd like to be sure it would be able to go on. I am playing a mod made by a friend of mine some time ago, I'm not sure if he'd even have time to look into it, if its likely to be caused by an error in his mod. Is there some way to find out?

Thanks to anyone that looks into this for me. :)

Happened to me today too. The solution with the least hassle is to load an autosave 20-25 turns old and do things a bit differently. Make sure the option 'random seed on reload' is enabled when you start a new game as it seems to help a bit.

Top Bottom