New NESes, ideas, development, etc

I have a great idea for a space-themed NES, but I really don't think I'd be a good person to host it..

Second Imperial Era

It is 2040 AD, and a new era is dawning. The world, though chaotic as usual, did not suffer any extincting natural disaster, or war, or dystopian governments taking over. The most important event during that time was the complete collapse of the EU in 2027. Southern Europe has been in chaos ever since then (and as usual, American/UN peacekeeping forces are there, much to the public's chagrin), but the Big Three of the UK, France, and Germany were able to recover fairly quickly, with most of northern Europe following them. The 2030s saw the advent of the Asian Moon Race, with India, Russia, Japan, and China competing to get a man on the moon, which the Russians won mere days ahead of the Chinese ship. All four countries did eventually get a man on the moon by 2036, with the European Big Three each getting their own lunar mission in 2039. While an American crew did land on an asteroid in 2038, a Mars landing was delayed to the 2040s, while other countries also have a Mars landing planned for that timeframe. Brazil, South Korea, and Sweden also have lunar missions planned. With all the emphasis on space, there is no question that colonization will happen, and soon. The world's nation's emphasis on proving their superiority is leading to a Second Imperial Era, and like the Americas and Africa before it, the cosmos will be shaped by human hands.

But the cosmos... are infinite.

Yeah, so my idea is a colonization NES, set in space. Of course, the players will also have to manage Earth events, but space is the center of this NES. Only a few nations start out space-capable, and players of other nations will have to get enough money to create launches. Eventually, I plan for the players to nationalistically colonize the Moon, then Mars, but things will really get exciting when the Asteroid Belt and the Jovian moons are reached, with the abundance of relatively close worlds, with resources. This game will probably be focused on the colonization of the Solar System, though maybe a sequel could feature interstellar travel...

Sounds pretty good METY. I'm itching to get involved in NES again, and I'd be willing to give it a try.

NES: Serious business.

Running a game of diplomacy in case anybody cares.

Planning on doing a series of such board games if this goes well, like diplomacy variants or Axis and Allies. Any other ides for board games they'd like to see brought to the NESing scene?

Yeah, I got a lot of love for A&A on #nes too, so that seems like a definite maybe. I'll be sure to do some digging for something I could use in a forum game format.

By the way, I love your sign-up post. ;)

Example stats for my 1861 (historical start) NES, please comment:

The Free City of Constantinople
Westernized/Independent
Absolute Monarchy/Conservative Faction
Head of State/Government: Lord Mayor John III
Stability: +1
Economy: 7/0
Manpower: 19
Influence: Russia (3), France (2), Great Britain (2), Internal (3)
Army: 5 Infantry Brigades, 2 Cavalry Brigades, 2 Artillery Brigades
Army Quality: 7
Navy: 7 Steamers
Navy Quality: 6
Projects:
Colonies:
Spoiler :

Cyprus: +2 EP, +5 MP
Stability: -1
Garrison: 2 Infantry Brigades, 4 Steamers

yeah i know...im already looking at other nations to choose for the next turn...or maybe the HRE will be as forgiving as their god and just take the bit of France that was taken

Top Bottom