Unused resources in corporations

Pangaea

Rock N Roller
There are some resources that are not used in corporations, and some seem to be oddly left out. Unless I misread something, all these are not used in any corporations

• Banana
  • Cow
  • Deer
  • Dye
  • Horse
  • Incense
  • Ivory
  • Pig
  • Sheep
  • Silk
  • Spices
  • Stone
  • Whale
  • Wine

I'd say that particularly the more food-related ones, like banana, cow, deer, pig and sheep would make good additions. Any idea why they weren't included in any corporations? For balance reasons? Having played some rainforest maps lately, this mapscript is loaded with pigs, so a pigs corporation would be very strong here. Usually that's not the case, though, and Sushi is already strong on Big and Small and Archipelago anyway.

That's a feature to be included in Civ6 :)

IMO, the current corporations allow the contention of resources. That means you cannot have Sushi with Cereal Mills in the same city; same with Mining over Creative Constructions, Civ Jewellers and Aluminium Co. If we allow a meat/dairy corp, that would allow two food corporations in the same city; as a consequence, would be imba.

Allow a Great Prophet to found Obsolete Corps (ivory, whale, fur) that will give +1 :) per resource. Just kidding :lol:

Creative Constructions uses Stone :)

Pedantry aside, there are a number of mods that really expand the corporations game and make for interesting late games. History Rewritten is my main one.

Modders to the front!

Sid's Slaughterhouses using pig, cow, sheep, deer (optionally horse) (Refrigeration)
United Fruit using Banana, Wine, Spices (Refrigeration)
IG Farben using Dye, Oil, Coal (Plastics or Combustion)
Mighty Mercers using Dye, Silk, Sheep, Fur (Replaceable Parts)
Pretty Perfumes using Spice, Whale, Incense (Chemistry)

You could absolutely make a corporation that produces espionage. I always thought there should be that was something to do with the black market. It could use gems, uranium, and ivory (and maybe gold) and produce espionage and money.

Yeah that would be something like a spread the happiness type of corporation because it requires happiness resources. When you mention the black market, you're talking about the black color which could mention black resources and then you get certain increases per city. Espionage for example could go well with the black market which could increase espionage per city.
Spread the happiness could add a hammer per each 10% culture in a theater or coloseum.

Pedantry aside, there are a number of mods that really expand the corporations game and make for interesting late games.

The Rise of Mankind mod has about 12 corporations which between them use every resource.

Top Bottom