How to build Chichen Itza on Deity?

Kyro

King
How? It's such an important Wonder for Brazil but it's always gone even before I research the tech. It's frustrating. Even the lowest wonder-priority civilizations rush it while they are at war. My great engineer never makes it in time.

Sometimes you have to rely on the luck for this one but you have to try to make as much technology as possible to get to the civil service technology first so that you can finally get your chichen itza. You also have to pray to the lord and hope to the gods that through some divine miracle, the AI won't add up enough research to finally get civil service first which it usually does.

There could be an instance where a civilization won't get to build it. For example, a civilization could decide to begin with a different technology path than the path that leads to chichen itza and education rather than the mathematics and hanging gardens technology path. Other civilizations may or may not go towards building the notre dame first instead of chichen itza which can be a perfect time for you to build it.

You basically don't get it on Deity or any any wonder prior to Ren with very few exceptions (mainly Oracle in most games and possibly Hanging Gardens/Pyramids if no Civ goes Tradition/Liberty).

Haha, good one. I don't like using the word impossible, so if you can find some way to institute a miracle then maybe you could get it. The whole point about deity is working around the ridiculous advantages they're given, which means you have to just acknowledge that some wonders you cannot feasibly get as part of a strategy. I've seen chichen get built at 1100BC on deity

Building chichen itza on Deity almost seems impossible and is rarely available to be built.

Chichen Itza is very difficult to build even on Emperor, and the early tech path is far from optimal. I've tried to build this a few times playing Persia, and it just doesn't work out at all. Building it on Immortal or above is next to impossible, and not even worth attempting.

You'll have to get this one through conquest.

Top Bottom