An early game discrepancy?

Athenaeum

Prince
I have had this weird, early game discrepancy several times. Maybe somebody can relate to it or explain it?

Many times I have had 2 turns until finishing writing, with 31 of 38 science accumulated, 5 science per turn, and 1 turn till population growth.

I watched this closely because I was trying to find if the game uses your current turn's science output, or your next turn's science output towards the next technology.

But in this scenario, which has happened several times, whether I get 5 or 6 science shouldn't matter because I need 7 science until writing.

However, the every next turn it says I completed writing, even though I had 2 turns the turn before.

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this?

Yes. Catch-up mechanism. Even more of a catch-up mechanism if Scholars in Residence is active.

Population growth gives you more science. A new citizen born will increase your city's science asap. The science that the newborn citizen adds is added the turn the citizen is born, thats why sometimes the research goes from 2 turns to discovery and then to discovery.

I think it only discounts the tech if you met the ai already ..

I think it only discounts the tech if you met the ai already ..

Yes, you have to have met them. This is why scouting is so crucial in the early game. It can have a large impact on your science.

It's a flawed system in MultiPlayer. Smart players will see the discounts when you research whatever tech. It's not that much of an over-sight though. But if for example someone ahead of the game was the first to go into Radio technology and into the Modern era, people could see that you entered the Modern Era tech. Then they can check what technology you have by seeing the discount when you hover over the technology.

There are a few good players but they dont usually have their bad disconnections or issues. When im having a good game in multiplayer and im beating other players, i usually get disconnected. I guess it feels healthy since im not forced to continue in multiplayer or someone else easily quits and makes me the winner easier.

Top Bottom