The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

Spirit_Viriato said:
@ED yo live in Florida, then you must know spanish. ¿can you compare the two texts (in the large post) and then view any mistake?

:lol: Born in England matey......my spanish is non existant.

thamis said:
Extract the whole ZIP into your CIV4 folder.

So it should look like this in the end:

CIV4\PUBLICMAPS\TheAncientMediterranean.0.4.CIV4WorldBuilderSave
CIV4\MODS\The Ancient Mediterranean

thanks.

Im going to try it out

edit:

Once I boot up the mod I dont know were to actually play the game. I can only load

Is this close to what you desired Thamis
shield.gif

Image has been contrasted more to highlight design.....hair is also redder

Dreamcrusader...it is classed as a Scenario...look under Scenarios ;)

EdCase said:
Is this close to what you desired Thamis
View attachment 105939

Image has been contrasted more to highlight design.....hair is also redder

Dreamcrusader...it is classed as a Scenario...look under Scenarios ;)

I know that.

I mean whats I have actually rebooted the game in the mod mode how do I play? I cant choose anything but load

Can do that...the greenish bits on pic are civ color. will make the tunic/skirt;)
greener..

In fact I can make the "civ color" anyplace you want, or even make it so that it displays no civ coloration at all. Your choice.

thamis said:
Try double-clicking the map in your CIV4\PublicMaps folder. That should automatically launch the game.

And yes, it's load scenario.

ok thanks for the help

EdCase said:
Can do that...the greenish bits on pic are civ color. will make the tunic/skirt;)
greener..

In fact I can make the "civ color" anyplace you want, or even make it so that it displays no civ coloration at all. Your choice.

Since it's a unique unit, I don't think we need the civ colours. Also, we got the flags. So make the civ colour any kind of colour that fits.

I'm only thinking green because I'm thinking of druidic culture in Gaul. You could also have some blue-ish stuff there. As long as the colours aren't too bright -- only the richest civilizations could afford good dyes. :)

Ok, off to bed now.

thamis said:
Posted v05

did you repair the rivers?
coz on v0.4 rivers were misplaced and strange

edit: sorry I have read that you updated the rivers - great now I can playtest the map

Thamis, I thought your CIV III mod had a larger norther european map area? It would be nice to see the British Isles and perhaps Germania. Are Civ III maps importable to Civ IV? Cheers.

sapon said:
Thamis, I thought your CIV III mod had a larger norther european map area? It would be nice to see the British Isles and perhaps Germania. Are Civ III maps importable to Civ IV? Cheers.

My TAM-CIV3 did have a larger map in general, and it went up to Scandinavia. I havven't included this part in the current map, as CIV4 is extremely slow, and I want the mod to be playable. Of course I can include a bigger map of Europe later. It's quite easy to make maps for CIV4.

You can't import CIV3 maps.

thamis said:
Thanks for your kind words and the offer to help. I think the best help you can give me is:
- Correct any errors that are evident in any city list or pedia description (there's no TAM pedia yet, but there will be).
- Any ideas on unique units.
- Any ideas on the tech tree
- Any ideas on religion (not quite sure if I want to keep the political correctness of CIV4 with all religions being equal... we're going to be dealing with ancient religions here, so no damage done I assume. ;))

Ok Thamis, no problem. I will start looking into the things you have mentioned. When you've got a basic pedia, e-mail it to me and I will spell-check and offer suggestions on it.

I am going to take a break out of Civ 4 this weekend and write up some of my thoughts on what could be done with religion in a cIVTAM. I thoroughly agree that it could use a lot more flavour considering the political correctness of an ancient religion is not an issue nowadays...... unless we get a mass of angry Druids crowding the forums, hitting us with their sickles and demanding sacrifices, we should be fine!

Re: Religion:

Judaism and Christinity could be a problem. But, to be honest. I don't care. Whoever takes his or her religion THAT seriously has lost all credibility in my eyes, and should go back to his religious mind and contemplate the deeper meaning of the word "game."

I am open to suggestions, as long as nobody flames me though.

i will wait till its finished i loved this mod for civ3 conquest i am sure civ4 version will be just as good

Top Bottom