[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Los Tirano I agree this mod is great. The mercs are a little off but i built a fortune mercing out warriors and archers, however my rival who i was at war with hired one i believe...it is now classical era and i over expanded to fast and it seems the whole world is a peace so no one is buying mercs.... might just have to go back to slavery and have the slaves capture a city or two... can always take it back aft. currency.. but mercs should be more appropriate to your own troops level, but spending 1000 on one is always a good investment.

Beschallung said:
I've just sent in a possible bug but now I'm not so sure anymore.
It seemed obvious at first that somethings not working correctly but after a bit thinking I came to a possible solution why I would have that problem.

Screenshot

When I had founded Judaism, I converted in the very turn my holy city (Medina) had been chosen. But it seems that before the game had noticed it's my state religion, the religion already spread to Egypt (Thebes) because the next turn it appeared there.
I believe, it could be a wrong order of parameters?

In the screenshot you all can see that Rome has Judaism as state religion aswell. At first (and that was the moment I thought I should send this "bug" in) it seems like Judaism spreaded from Arabia to Rome but it's more possible that it spread from Egypt to Rome. This means, that the mod works, but because Judaism is already outside my borders, it spreads from there.
(I played a bit further and soon the first French city will get Judaism, from Rome most likely.)

Conclusion: This "bug" destroys the Judaism concept.

Thought you all should know, have a nice day (again).

I tried to reproduce that problem but I failed. It seems to me that everything worked fine. It MAY be, that there is a very special situation which I didn't catched here.

For those who are interrested in the logic, here is what usually happens (in pseudo code):

Code:
if (religion == Judaism)
    if (city owner != holy city owner)
        return (spread to city not allowed)

That means : as long as you not own the holy city, judaism religion shouldn't be spread in ANY case. Inside or outside your territory.

Because I still can't exclude that I made a mistake in my logic or in the predictions, I would like to ask everybody to send me (or Houman or anybody else from the project team) a SaveGame where I can reproduce that problem. It would even be a help if that save game is shortly made AFTER the problem apeasrs, but best would be to have save game shortly before the problem appears.

thx in advance

12m

PS :
Houman : I installed and test this mod the very first time today. Fantastic work this mod. Congrats to the whole team!

strategyonly said:
Was playing (slowly) (took two hours just to get five citys) LOL and i checked No City Razing, and the very first town that the barbarians took over, poof, RAZED??

If the city has a population size smaller or equal than 3 than it will directly be razed.

12m

Hey - I was just wondering if there are any refugee/immigrant type of units in the game. Functional mechanic being they go around joining foreign cities but bringing in gold = 2x their building cost, or something like that.

The game loads fine. Map looks great.....but there is no interface showing. I have installed the game several times, erased the cache, and still no interface shows.....:confused:

Houmie, you are the man. I'm just sad it took me so long to find your mods. It was about time somebody added Zoroastrianism and fixed the Immortal.

I cant wait to see those screenshots.

Is this mod playable? Or have bugs been found that make me want to wait for a patch? Please can someone tell me before I waste my time starting a new game?

ty

First of all, EXCELLENT mod. I'm a little late in staying up to date with this so this might already have addressed. If it has, forgive me. I'm curious as to the lack of the Panzer. Why isn't it here?

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. Listed under "Kingtiger Panzer."

The only bug that effects gameplay is the culture not resetting on captured cities if their there no culture buildings left or it has no religion. The quick fix is to use the worldbuilder to assign 1 culture to that city giving it the proper 9 workable squares. You should be able to play a game no problem. If you don't want to use the worldbuilder have a missionary with your religion available before taking over a city and that will take care of the issue as well.

This game is tough and I suggest that you found a religion anyways as it will help immensely with the costs.

Nightravn said:
The only bug that effects gameplay is the culture not resetting on captured cities if their there no culture buildings left or it has no religion. The quick fix is to use the worldbuilder to assign 1 culture to that city giving it the proper 9 workable squares. You should be able to play a game no problem. If you don't want to use the worldbuilder have a missionary with your religion available before taking over a city and that will take care of the issue as well.

This game is tough and I suggest that you found a religion anyways as it will help immensely with the costs.

Thank you very much! How did this bug make it out of Beta?

I downloaded, cleared the cache, and installed fine... apparently. Even though "Total Realism" shows up in the upper right corner of the main screen, it only plays a standard, non-Total Realism game.

What did I miss?

(Also, when the installer finished, there was no readme.txt that popped up like people have said it should).

Just a comment : I wait a very long time between turns with this mod (at least 1 minute, after some turns at the beginning of the game). :(

Is it the same thing for you ?

What purpose of "General" promotion?
Can`t find any description and can`t see any effects :(

May be bug.. may be not.
Playing for russian. It is possible to build "Scythian Axeman" and "Wild Axeman" at same time.
These units has identical parameters. But in "Wild Axeman"s description written that it UU for Mongolian.

I, too, concur, that Judaism is not content to stay local. As a matter of fact, in my game it spread out of control and is the largest religion in the world, counting more than half of the civs (7 on huge), with me and China being Zoroastrian. Though, holy city loss/regain functionality is working - poor hinduism had no chances in a hebrew world, and is now known as Holy-City-on-a-move.

P.S. To my mind, Zoroastrian sound, while nice, is much longer than all the others. What I did is crop it by half, and add a chorus effect - it now blends smoother with Civ for me. Zip attached.

Attachments

• AshemVohu.zip
    151.4 KB · Views: 164
Serga said:
What purpose of "General" promotion?
Can`t find any description and can`t see any effects :(
when you was previously played cvi3: if elite unit generated leader, then unit was marged with asterix in name (* Elite) - so this unit cann't generate leader in future. General promotion in works for same : it is only mark, that this unit nevermore can generate leader

kingcole1031 said:
I downloaded, cleared the cache, and installed fine... apparently. Even though "Total Realism" shows up in the upper right corner of the main screen, it only plays a standard, non-Total Realism game.

What did I miss?

(Also, when the installer finished, there was no readme.txt that popped up like people have said it should).

what do you mean: plays a standard, non-Total Realism game? how you start the game?

and readme.txt ...yes, youa are right..it is my mistake..in new installer i commented out page for showing readme.txt :( - but you still can found this file in mod directory

Mexico said:
when you was previously played cvi3: if elite unit generated leader, then unit was marged with asterix in name (* Elite) - so this unit cann't generate leader in future. General promotion in works for same : it is only mark, that this unit nevermore can generate leader

what is #%$% leader? I havn`t any leader yet. But i have unit with that promotion.

Serga said:
what is #%$% leader? I havn`t any leader yet. But i have unit with that promotion.
really? maybe you got leader and this leader was killed...it is unit with 3 moves, can only deffend, has heal promo and for all units on same plot give leadership bonus (+10% comabt) - for each civ it is unique unit (ie indian get elephant...egyptian get warchariot...)

Top Bottom