[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

Will try the new patch in multiplayer too ;)

Now, If I haven't broken anything with the patch, I'm going to move on to the Full version of my modpack next.

Yipeeeeeee!!!
Please take good care about balancing the civilizations and technologies!
Some additions are fun but ruins the game imo... too much is too much too. A good balance is very hard to obtain. If you need any help, let me know I may help in some aspect if you want ;)

Couldn't help myself: did a little checkup after reload and 1000 BC for Amra is fully compatible with the patch. (BTW, do the 140 downloaders all think this add-on is worth zero stars?):mischief:

PS: Currently working on an added add-on.

Added Taharqa !!
That I did. Thanks for letting me include him. I think he looks way better than my Piye & I probably should just have replaced Piye with him but, what can I say, I'm greedy and want them both. :D

Now I just need to update the preview images to include him. :crazyeye:

@JEELEN
Thanks for checking the scenario & don't worry about the rating. ;) You do good work. :goodjob:

Loke.be said:
Yipeeeeeee!!!
Please take good care about balancing the civilizations and technologies!
Some additions are fun but ruins the game imo... too much is too much too. A good balance is very hard to obtain. If you need any help, let me know I may help in some aspect if you want ;)
I tried to do that with my Warlords modpack and want to strike a careful balance with the Full Version of this one also.

I was going to come up with a sort of "To-Do" list of changes to make last weekend but never got around to it yet so as soon as I do, I will post it. Today, though, I need to "pay" my respects to "Uncle Sam" so to say and do my taxes. I hate that time of the year. :gripe:

Just uploaded::goodjob:
600 BC for Amra

The Rise of Persia

A special edition of 600 BC for BTS for use with Amra v3 Basic, featuring 5 custom civs plus additional LH and extra units from the mod.

Current version: 1.0

Full details plus screenshot on the download page: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8908
(with link to Amra's mod).

Additional news: 1000 BC for Amra has received an A rating!:D

EDIT: The 2 other screenshots I took of custom graphics again turned out very, very black. (Very, very annoying...) Also, I failed when trying to include any part of the Etruscan custom civ...

I will look into a self installer for future releases. I've never done that, though & need to read up on it first. :crazyeye:

I learned it from the WoC-team, used it for CIV gold and I have helped out Esnaz (although something went wrong there). It's actually quite easy, so let me know if you need some pointers.

Edit: might as well give some direction

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
zip2exe utility

@JEELEN
I've listed the 600 BC Scenario in the Add-ons Section. Thanks! :goodjob:

@Fierabras
Thanks for the offer of help on a self-installer. It's appreciated & I'll let you know when I get around to it if I can't figure things out, always a distinct possibility with me. :mischief:

Woot! (I mean: you're welcome... Actually someone PMed me if I didn't have a scenario with Rome, Carthage and Egypt in - this was the best I could come up with at short notice... Any chance you could take a couple more screenies? I don't seem to be able to if it's custom-Amra and I haven't a clue as to why...)

It sounds like you may just have a duplicate folder in the mod install. Someone else had the same problem & I helped him in the following link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6615388&postcount=30

Hope it helps, if not let me know & I'll try to help with more detail.

I will look into a self installer for future releases. I've never done that, though & need to read up on it first. :crazyeye:

Thanx Amra! That was the problem! I will check on the other mods I have dl'd, I am almost positive this is the cause of my issues. Thanx again!

@Amra

Quite an update and not just a patch. :goodjob:

I found one issue with the Siamese Knight. It causes a python exception when it is the selected unit. I first noticed that the unit missions buttons on the bottom of the screen don't display right then I turned python exception display on and Voila! The problem arises in CvMainInterface.py the function is updatePlotListButtons line 1251. causes "Unidentifiable C++ exception". Something goes wrong when the unit model needs to be displayed in the lower left panel (beside the unit stats). Strangely the model displays on map! I became quite sure when I changed the Art-Def to point to the regular Asian Knight then the problem disappeared.

@Amra

Quite an update and not just a patch. :goodjob:

I found one issue with the Siamese Knight. It causes a python exception when it is the selected unit. I first noticed that the unit missions buttons on the bottom of the screen don't display right then I turned python exception display on and Voila! The problem arises in CvMainInterface.py the function is updatePlotListButtons line 1251. causes "Unidentifiable C++ exception". Something goes wrong when the unit model needs to be displayed in the lower left panel (beside the unit stats). Strangely the model displays on map! I became quite sure when I changed the Art-Def to point to the regular Asian Knight then the problem disappeared.
You are right. Thanks for catching this. This unit was done by Zerver & I've found three other units by him in the Israel set that did the same thing but I replaced them before uploading the patch last night. I'm not sure what Zerver may be doing to some of his units but I'll have to watch them closer in the future.

Anyway, I re-uploaded patch 3.01 with the Siam knight replaced by the Khmer Knight. So people may want to redownload the patch & re-apply it if they are having problems with the Siam Knight.

Hi all, with this patch i have some memory problem, that i didn't had with previous version. Does anyone has got this problem?

Yes, I got the MAF memory allocation failure problem within the first 50 turns with this patch, and the Macedonian axe men show up as red blobs also.

Hi there,
great mod :) ... cannot wait to see more of it (full version) ... can you tell us when (maybemaybe) VERY roughly it may be ready?

Greetings from Bavaria
Poldi

Hi all, with this patch i have some memory problem, that i didn't had with previous version. Does anyone has got this problem?

maxbjr said:
Yes, I got the MAF memory allocation failure problem within the first 50 turns with this patch, and the Macedonian axe men show up as red blobs also.
I'll check the Macedonian Axeman, that may be something from VD 3.5 that was just never caught in the initial release. I didn't change that in the patch. As far as memory problems go, do either of you have a save game you can attach here so that I can see about recreating the problem? Preferably the last save game just before any crash. Thanks.

The patch should not have mucked things up in that regard but I did update the BUG mod which was all python files.

[EDIT]I forgot that I did add new graphics for the Greek ArtStyle Axeman and that is the problem for the Macedonian Axeman. So... My bad, oops! Looks like a patch 3.02 will need to be considered. Sorry everyone.

@Poldi
The Full version is still in the early stages so I can't even give an estimate yet. Sorry, but definitely not within the next 30 days as this is just something I am doing as a hobby in my free time & sometimes I just don't get enough of that. :(

this is just something I am doing as a hobby in my free time & sometimes I just don't get enough of that. :(

But we appreciate all of your hard work!:goodjob:

Sorry for the Mac Axeman & your lack of free time.

BTW, I noticed you gave Macedon Peltasts as a UU, whereas they were famous for their Sarissoi - i.e. 6 meters long spears carried by the Macedonian phalanx (their specialty and an improvement upon the slanted Corinthian phalanx formation, which defeated the famous Spartan hoplites). I appreciate it may be difficult to differentiate this from the standard Greek phalanx, though. An alternative might be Alexander's Companion Cavalry, but then again, there's already plenty of light cavalry around. (Although, strictly speaking, the Companions were heavy i.e. shock cavalry.) And ofcourse Alexander should be a Macedonian leader, not Greek. There's plenty of Greek LH candidates around, I should think. (Just my 2 cents.);)

Got some crashs too.. graphic memory problem.. I'll capture a shot next time it happens.

PM sent ;)
Does the memory problem/crash happen again if you reload your last save game & continue? Can you attach a savegame, if so?

Thanks & sorry for my tardiness on replying to your PM.

hey,
so i see you have maf ctd's, well this is very annoying,

amra, i would suggest you try to keep the mod thin, the bigger the mod the more problems youll have - slowness at late stages, along with maf's.

i fo rinstance in my mod , took out all non english text, did not any new unit buttons, and so on.

hope you get over this :)

Does the memory problem/crash happen again if you reload your last save game & continue? Can you attach a savegame, if so?

Thanks & sorry for my tardiness on replying to your PM.

No worries!

I'll try to catch a savegame next time. It happened in a multiplayer game so the player just reconnected the game..

Top Bottom