[BtS] DIPLOMACY: a mod for Diplogames!

Yeah they will replace marines. I don't know what to make their abilities though. For the Congo their UU replaces Marines too, and I gave that unit one extra movement and ignores terrain movement costs.

So I don't know. I also looked all over the net for pictures of the Revolutionary Guard and apparently these guys have like fifteen million uniforms. So I don't know which to use. I've decided on three possibilities though. The first is a black uniform with a green beret, the second is an olive/brown uniform with a red beret, and the third is a helmet with goggles and green/brown camoflauge.

Wait... no, I think they're called Pasdarans. Yeah, that's better.

I'm thinking either starting with Ambush or Guerilla I for them.

I think maybe we should go with the one with the green berets. Green being the color of Islam.

I'm also having trouble thinking of a UB.

Also, when I try to play a game on your mod, it crashes. What's wrong?

I think maybe we should go with the one with the green berets. Green being the color of Islam.

I'm also having trouble thinking of a UB.

Also, when I try to play a game on your mod, it crashes. What's wrong?

What do you mean? When does it crash?

I am not doubting you or anything, I'm just saying you're the first person to report this. And I have played this mod multiple times, including at least ten MP games and nobody has reported any problems yet. Could you elaborate a little?

I don't know what to tell you about the crash, nobody else has reported it and obviously the game works for me (because I made it and wouldn't have released it if it didn't). But like I said I haven't had any other complaints from the group I originally made it for. Make sure you have modular loading on, make sure if you are using a module that you installed it correctly.

Instead of having a custom civilizations folder, or instead of putting the module pack folder in, you just put the module itself. I know that might be confusing.

CORRECT = ...beyondthesword/mods/diplomacy/assets/modules/Congo/

WRONG = ....beyondthesword/mods/diplomacy/assets/modules/customcivilizations/Congo/

WRONG = ....beyondthesword/mods/diplomacy/assets/modules/modulepack2/congo/

I hope that helps somehow. Other than that I have no idea why that is happening for you. And you can't blame it on Vista either, because I use Vista.

Anyway, I am going to make the Iranian UB "Persian Gardens" (although I am looking for a better name). Here is the building I am going to use.

What do you mean? When does it crash?

I am not doubting you or anything, I'm just saying you're the first person to report this. And I have played this mod multiple times, including at least ten MP games and nobody has reported any problems yet. Could you elaborate a little?

i've got the same problem everytime I select my civ and leader, difficulty, etc. and then i click start game it starts loading and everytime it stops when it's loading graphics and a message comes on the screen saying that civ 4 bts has to be closed

Hmm, and this is the normal mod? No modules added or anything like that?

Could you guys tell me what your settings are in the ini (I'm not sure that it matters though because the mod has its own). What computer program/settings you are using etc.?

The only reason I ask is because I made this for a group of about 20 players and not a single one of them (including around five other people I've spoken with) have had any problems at all. So I just wanted to know what the cause of this could be.

Hmm, and this is the normal mod? No modules added or anything like that?

Could you guys tell me what your settings are in the ini (I'm not sure that it matters though because the mod has its own). What computer program/settings you are using etc.?

The only reason I ask is because I made this for a group of about 20 players and not a single one of them (including around five other people I've spoken with) have had any problems at all. So I just wanted to know what the cause of this could be.

it's the normal mod i've added nothing to it
euhm what do you mean with 'the ini'? yeah english is not my original language so i don't know what it means
my pc is windows vista
if there is anything else you want to know just ask

Alright, in the mod folder there should be a file called "Diplomacy.ini," could you open that up and paste what it says here for me. Then in your BTS folder there should be a file called "CivilizationIV.ini" could you post that here as well fo rme.

And I don't think this will make much of a difference, but this mod only really shows up right in English. So if you are using a different language setting that may also be the issue. Although one of the guys that has played it is French and he had no problems, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. Not to mention I think that only pertains to the text in the game. I also use Vista so it can't be that.

Anyway, I am going to make the Iranian UB "Persian Gardens" (although I am looking for a better name). Here is the building I am going to use.

Gulistan

Gulistan or Golestan is Persian for flower (or rose) garden and was the name of a landmark Persian epic poem by Sa'di. (In fact the entrance to the United Nations has an inscription quoted from the poem).

Similarly, Bustan works, it translates more to 'fruit orchard' and was the name of Sa'di's other major epic poem.

Both are also considered names of gardens in paradise.

~~~~

As for the crash, I've had people report similarly happenings with my mod when they play the mod from the My Documents/Civ 4/ MODS directory instead of the main, program files/sid meier's civ 4/beyond the sword/mods

this is from diplomacy.ini

[CONFIG]

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 1

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Diplomacy

; Description of Mod
Description = This is a mod made specifically for Diplogaming, although you may use it for single-player games. It involves extra promotions for spies, an inquisitor and extra religions. It uses Avain's Varietas Delectat mod.

I haven't found the CivilizationIV.ini file but still the normal game works

I use the original language, and after I've selected my map and leader and decide to begin a game, it crashes. I can look at the Civilopedia and stuff, but can't play a game.

And this is having put the mod Beyond the Sword/Mods!

aha i found the CivilizationIV.ini file

[CONFIG]

; Enable Trilinear Filtering for the Minimap
MinimapTrilinearFilter = 1

; Enable Tree Region Cutting
CutTrees = 1

; A non-zero value overrides the FIELD_OF_VIEW parameter from GlobalDefines.xml
FIELD_OF_VIEW = 0

; Allow Camera Flying
AllowFlying = 0

; Enable Quick Slide Show Transitions
PopSlides = 0

; Set to 1 to automatically end slide show
EndSlides = 0

; Don't show minimum specification warnings
HideMinSpecWarning = 0

; Random seed for map generation, or '0' for default
MapRandSeed = 0

; Random seed for game sync, or '0' for default
SyncRandSeed = 0

; Email address from which Pitboss reminder emails are sent
PitbossEmail = 0

; SMTP server authentication login for Pitboss reminder emails
PitbossSMTPLogin = 0

; SMTP server for Pitboss reminder emails
PitbossSMTPHost = 0

; Number of seconds to accept live game list updates from GameSpy (-1 for initial snapshot only, 0 for no live updates
GameUpdateTime = 10

; Bandwidth options are modem or broadband
Bandwidth = broadband

; QuickStart - SinglePlayer games only!
QuickStart = 0

; Dont show the game background during movies - may speed up movie playing
HideMovieBackground = 0

; Enable/disable background music
PlayMusic = 1

; Allows some memory savings *** ALT-TAB WILL NO LONGER FUNCTION ***
MemSaver = 0

; Use managed interface textures (may be safer but shouldn't be needed, uses more memory)
GUIManagedTextures = 0

; file format (TGA,JPG,BMP), Warning: TGA requires a lockable buffer which can lower performance
ScreenShot Format = JPG

; Enable voice over IP capture and playback
EnableVoice = 1

; App Selects Specific IP to use for Multiplayer
SelectIP = 0

; Disable PAK memory mapping (May affect performance)
DisablePAKMemoryMapping = 0

; Don't skip frames if falling behind
BinkNoSkip = 1

; Copy entire image each frame, not just dirty pixels
BinkCopyAll = 1

; Show movies using hi-color, not true-color (may be faster)
Bink16Bit = 0

; Copy ever other scanline during movie playback (faster)
BinkInterlace = 0

; Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask
FullScreen = 1

; Set max frame rate clamp (0 means none)
SetMaxFrameRate = 0

; Set to 1 to put PitBoss to sleep when no players are connected
PitBossSleep = 1

; Set to 1 to page units out when non-visible
DynamicUnitPaging = 1

; Set to 1 to page unit anims out when the unit is non visible
DynamicAnimPaging = 1

; Set to 1 for no on-screen event messages
NoEventMessages = 0

; Set to 1 for no tech splash screens
NoTechSplash = 0

; Set to 1 for no intro movie
NoIntroMovie = 0

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

; The maximum number of autosaves kept in the directory before being deleted.
MaxAutoSaves = 5

; Specify the number of turns between autoSaves. 0 means no autosave.
AutoSaveInterval = 4

; Enable Audio
AudioEnable = 1

; English(0),French(1),German(2),Italian(3),Spanish(4) - Defaults to user-installed language
Language = 0

; Determines which user profile is loaded on game start
UserProfile = Default Profile

; Sync input to smooth interface (may run slower)
SyncInput = 0

; Force numlock always on while playing
ForceNumlock = 0

; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
DisableFileCaching = 1

; Disable caching of xml and file system (may slow initialization)
DisableCaching = 0

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0

[GAME]

; Account Username
Nickname = 0

; DirectIP Host Address
DirectIP = 0

; Map Script file name
Map = Continents

; GameType options are singlePlayer/spLoad
GameType = singlePlayer

; Pitboss Turn Time
PitbossTurnTime = 0

; Max number of turns (0 for no turn limit)
MaxTurns = 0

; Game Options
GameOptions = 000000000000000000000001

; Victory Conditions
VictoryConditions = 11111111

; Handicap for quick play
QuickHandicap = HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN

; GameSpeed options are GAMESPEED_QUICK/GAMESPEED_NORMAL/GAMESPEED_EPIC/GAMESPEED_MARATHON
GameSpeed = GAMESPEED_NORMAL

; Era options are ERA_ANCIENT/ERA_CLASSICAL/ERA_MEDIEVAL/ERA_RENAISSANCE/ERA_INDUSTRIAL/ERA_MODERN
Era = ERA_ANCIENT

; Sealevel options are SEALEVEL_LOW/SEALEVEL_MEDIUM/SEALEVEL_HIGH
SeaLevel = SEALEVEL_LOW

; Climate options are CLIMATE_ARID/CLIMATE_TEMPERATE/CLIMATE_TROPICAL
Climate = CLIMATE_TEMPERATE

; Worldsize options are WORLDSIZE_DUEL/WORLDSIZE_TINY/WORLDSIZE_SMALL/WORLDSIZE_STANDARD/WORLDSIZE_LARGE/WORLDSIZE_HUGE
WorldSize = WORLDSIZE_HUGE

; Game Name
GameName = Nathan's Game

; Save Path - relative to working (Civ4) folder
FileName = 0

; Account Username
Nickname = 0

; Email Address
Email = Nathan

; DirectIP Host Address
DirectIP = 0

; In-game Alias
Alias = Nathan

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

; Main Menu Mods
MainMenuMods = Afterworld;Broken Star;Charlemagne;Crossroads of the World;Defense;FfH Age of Ice;Final Frontier;Gods of Old;MesoAmerica;Next War;Rhye's and Fall of Civilization;The Road to War

; Move along
CheatCode = 0

[DEBUG]

; Number of turns to autorun before exit (0 for no limit)
AutorunTurnLimit = 0

; Set App on Auto-Run
Autorun = 0

; Enable D3D9 Queries
D3D9Query = 0

; Custom Screen Height, minimum: 768 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenHeight = 0

; Custom Screen Width, minimum: 1024 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenWidth = 0

; Establish connection to Python Debugger
HAPDebugger = 0

; NetComm Port
Port = 2056

; Create a dump file if the application crashes
GenerateCrashDumps = 0

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 0

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 0

; Break on memory allocation order #
BreakOnAlloc = -1

Gulistan
As for the crash, I've had people report similarly happenings with my mod when they play the mod from the My Documents/Civ 4/ MODS directory instead of the main, program files/sid meier's civ 4/beyond the sword/mods

The only thing I can suggest to you guys is to do what Tsentom1 said. Move the files to the C:/programfiles/.... folder rather than the c:/users/.... folder. Or whatever equivalent set up you have. Hopefully that works.

I already did that. It still crashes when I try to play a game.

I know this is a stupid question, but you ARE running 3.17 correct?

And sorry I am not more help, I am not very good with computers and I just started modding a few months ago, so I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. And its even more difficult when I am dealing with people who can get it to work and people who can't, its hard to determine what the cause is.

I believe so... let me check.

Wait. I thought I did! Apparently I don't.

Let me remedy the problem.

Top Bottom