Orion's Grand Inquisition

I mean how it is used ingame. the question is; why would I want to build Q-Ships instead of Early destroyers if

a) the cost it's the same :confused:
b) has the same Prereq Tech :confused:
c) needs the same resources :confused:
c) has even less capabilities! :eek: :confused:

So, you must add some incentive for building the Qship: less cost or some advantage over the Early destroyer (cargo capacity or so), for sure :cool: :D :

Did you download the interim update for 255E? Changes were made that provide the Q ship a 90 percent attack advantage over the UBoat and a 70 Percent attack advantage over the submarine.

Anyway, the changes made are in the good direction... Perhaps may I deserve my name at the credits? :D:lol::lol:

I have no problem adding you to the list of credits, as your testing and comments have led to to some very constructive changes. Done...

P.S. Sure I would want to talk a lot with your historian, if he's a warfare fan as I :king:

The historian was a USAF academy graduate, served 20 years in the military and majored in military history. Unfortunately he is not a CivFinatics member, but he is a huge fan of Civ4 and OGI. That makes him a warfare fan. I speak with him several times a week. So, if you have any comments or questions to ask, then let me know and I will pass them on to him.

Are you saying you can't create a Military Training Instructor (MTI), when you have a Barracks (i.e the BUILDING_ZULU_IKHANDA) in a city? The game limits you to only one instructor type at a time. Once you build your combined unit, you can attempt to build another instructor, if you have enough cities.

Yes, if I roll over an instructor in a city with an Ikhanda it says requires barracks. I definitely have not built the instructors either.

Did you download the interim update for 255E? Changes were made that provide the Q ship a 90 percent attack advantage over the UBoat and a 70 Percent attack advantage over the submarine.

Oops, sorry :mischief: I suppose last time I saw it was in the previous XML... You're right

I have no problem adding you to the list of credits, as your testing and comments have led to to some very constructive changes. Done...

Oh, I didn't say it so seriously, but I must recognize it's a piece of pride :D Thanks!

The historian was a USAF academy graduate, served 20 years in the military and majored in military history. Unfortunately he is not a CivFinatics member, but he is a huge fan of Civ4 and OGI. That makes him a warfare fan. I speak with him several times a week. So, if you have any comments or questions to ask, then let me know and I will pass them on to him.

A pity it's not a member. Anyway it was only to have another guy to discuss about warfare, as I'm a Spanish Navy Officer with a bunch of years of service too :cool: (I see you're a real veteran as well :old::rolleyes::p:lol:)

Well I'll continue playing more turns which time I can, I'll see what more I can find :scan: (hope not much, the mod is improving quickly) :goodjob:
:thanx:

Your image file indicated the balloon caused 12 percent damage! :eek: :lol: The only possibility that I can see is to change this in the XML for the balloon:

Code:
<iAirCombatLimit>20</iAirCombatLimit>

To this:

Code:
<iAirCombatLimit>2</iAirCombatLimit>

It would take a lot of ballons to cause any significant damage now.

OrionVeteran

Great! :goodjob: Beware of the damned AI balloon... but much less :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, if I roll over an instructor in a city with an Ikhanda it says requires barracks. I definitely have not built the instructors either.

OK. I have found and fixed the problem using Python. The fix will be released as interim update 2 for version 255E later today. There will be several replacement files included in the update.

Announcing the release of Interim update 2 for OGI ver 255E. Download the zip file attachment on the 1st page of this forum and replace the older files with the new files.

What this update does:

1. Fixed a Combined Forces problem with civs that have a UB for the Barracks.
2. Fixed 2 XML sort issues, which were causing CTDs.

Announcing the release of Interim update 2 for OGI ver 255E. Download the zip file attachment on the 1st page of this forum and replace the older files with the new files.

What this update does:

1. Fixed a Combined Forces problem with civs that have a UB for the Barracks.
2. Fixed 2 XML sort issues, which were causing CTDs.

Hey, your update 2 is not completely savegame compatible. After installing and starting a savegame, in my cities appear lots of super-modern wonders (Satellites, Nuclear Plants, ecc) :eek::eek: which shouldn't be in Renaissance era where I am (and of course I never built them...) :confused: Please see screenshots

P.S. Coming back to 255E with update-1 restores all right.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 181
Hey, your update 2 is not completely savegame compatible. After installing and starting a savegame, in my cities appear lots of super-modern wonders (Satellites, Nuclear Plants, ecc) :eek::eek: which shouldn't be in Renaissance era where I am (and of course I never built them...) :confused: Please see screenshots

P.S. Coming back to 255E with update-1 restores all right.

Remember, anytime any major XML changes are made, all saved games become obsolete. There were a couple of major sort issues fixed with update 2. The kind of sort issue it had can cause a CTD. It's now been fixed. My suggestion is try to finish your current game and then apply the update.

I cannot create MINING INC nor CREATIVE CONSTRUCTIONS, even having all the prereq tech, resources, and a Great Engineer... :confused:

Never mind in which city I place the GE, the two "create corp" buttons appear shadowed, without any explanation added if I roll over them :mad:

I cannot create MINING INC nor CREATIVE CONSTRUCTIONS, even having all the prereq tech, resources, and a Great Engineer... :confused:

Never mind in which city I place the GE, the two "create corp" buttons appear shadowed, without any explanation added if I roll over them :mad:

Does this happen with interim fix 2?

Does this happen with interim fix 2?

No, don't know if it happens, I'm still on fix-1, until I finish the game. If you want I'll try it with fix-2

EDIT: Tried with fix-2 and IT HAPPENS TOO:crazyeye:

No, don't know if it happens, I'm still on fix-1, until I finish the game. If you want I'll try it with fix-2

EDIT: Tried with fix-2 and IT HAPPENS TOO:crazyeye:

You must be running State Property! You can't build a corporation, if you change civics to State Property. Tested OK.

Tell us about your test game, Orion Veteran.

My test game on a huge map played great until the modern age, when performance began to slow down. As more and more units were trained, the slower the performance became. The historian and I suspected Mine Warfare as the major source of the performance hit. So I set out to prove our theory by developing Mine Warfare version 2. Running Mine Warfare version 2 confirmed our theory, as the same performance problem occurred in the late game. Sure, Mine Warfare 2 worked, but at an ever increasingly slow rate. It came down to a python function that checks to verify whether or not an enemy Mine exists on the plot a unit moves into. Every unit that moves into another plot is checked. The more units in the game, the slower the performance between turns. This performance hit is unacceptable to me and for those of you who enjoy OGI. As said in the movie Top Gun, "I feel the need for speed!" We have tried all "python" alternatives and have ended up with the same result. Our conclusion is that Mine Warfare must become an SDK mod. In my view, there is just no other solution to this problem, other than removal of Mine Warfare all together. I don't believe any of us want to see Mine Warfare elliminated, as it adds a lot of fun to the game. Therefore, work has begun towards the goal of migrating Mine Warfare to the SDK. I am now in the process of developing a major SDK mod that will become the new standard base mod upon which to add new stuff. Ultimately, all of OGI will be migrated over to the new Base mod. I want to improve performance even further by elliminating all python callbacks. In the end, I want the game to play From beginning to end, without having to wait forever between turns. Additionally, I will be adding check box options, so that you can select which of the major OGI mods to include in your custom game. These are some lofty goals and will take me a lot of time to complete. I believe the effort will be worth it in the end.

If you are an SDK developer and want to help in this project, just let me know and I will delegate some tasks.

Top Bottom