Community Civ V [CCV]

THIS is the mod I've been waiting for,THIS is the thing to play while waiting for total realism,THIS is balanced,THIS IS SPARTAAAAA (joke),THIS is THE mod,thank you veryyyy muchhh
Vielen Dank!!!!

Okay, I have an issue here. This happened in another mod I tried recently - can't remember which one at the moment - but haven't seen it in any other mod. Basically, when I load CCV it resets my options (graphical, game options) every time. These changes apply to anything else I play including standard gameplay. This is annoying of course but may be simple to fix.

Please let me know what I can do to stop this from happening. However, I suggest applying whatever changes needed to make sure this does not happen at install. thanks

on another note, the archer bombardment might be a bit overpowered. I played just a little so have no understanding of how to counteract it, but it totally wiped out my stacks and offensive.

re: RS. Not sure why no RS love anymore. I guess as I..uh..subscribe and use the manager it's just easier for me - plus the speeds are great. I hate Megaupload and anything that requires me to wait X number of time to download...ugh!

Thank you.
It's not so bad with CCV. Most of the MAFs are caused by new highpoly leaders and unit art. But at the moment CCV includes (nearly) no new leaders and there are also well choosen new unit arts. And just a few of them. At the moment!

What else can I tell you. I'm running CCV on a dual core laptop and never had a MAF.
Well, my laptop has even lower specs and I haven't experienced any MAFs in the previous versions of CCV (don't know about 4.29G though). That is the reason why I am glad that Thomas SG hasn't added many new highpoly units (yet).

Okay, I have an issue here. This happened in another mod I tried recently - can't remember which one at the moment - but haven't seen it in any other mod. Basically, when I load CCV it resets my options (graphical, game options) every time. These changes apply to anything else I play including standard gameplay. This is annoying of course but may be simple to fix.
I experienced the same with AND (and when switching between AND and CCV).
re: RS. Not sure why no RS love anymore. I guess as I..uh..subscribe and use the manager it's just easier for me - plus the speeds are great. I hate Megaupload and anything that requires me to wait X number of time to download...ugh!
Well, if you don't have an RS account you have to wait there as well...

Well, if you don't have an RS account you have to wait there as well...

hmmm...this is true now. That seems to be a fairly recent change - probably in response to the other sites. But point taken, it's all about whatever service you have the account with. Just not sure why RS has become less popular. I think it is one of the first of its kind.

You know, I think it was AND that I had an issue with (the ROM expansion). I gave up on it immediately. It's probably some simple config change since I've tried many many mods and never had this issue. (by the way "i gave up on it" due to the MAFs not the config issue - at that point it wasn't worth getting it fixed). CCV has potential of MAFs are reduced or non-existent. I've pretty much given up an large modpacs entirely at this point so I'm looking for the perfect "change of pace" mod. I am a big player of the standard gameplay as well with BUG or BAT.

About Game Options resetting, it come from playing with various mods OR from not using a shortcut to CCV.

Afforess fixed it. How? He migrated his Advanced Unit Automations to BUG. Check it out. What he did with unit suiciding is AWESOME!. It basically let you group your units into specific stack and then let weakest units suicide at lesser odds (Either Hunt or Border Patrol normal Permitted Odds divided by # of units in the stack). It help my automated units a lot and let you configure what they do with less damages to more experienced units so that they only attack when they have their own set best chances.

Like I said, check it out in A New Dawn for migrating Game Options to BUG Options and other stuff :D.

Hi, thanks for the great mod. I like it!
Just a question:

Am I correct in assuming that you only incorporate Revolution modcomp, but not DCM modcomp?
As I see in BUG Config doesn't have any DCM options

Thanks for your attention.

I've downloaded and installed the game, but when I play, it endlessly spams "Could not write INI file in *filepath*" or something like that in the message box. Everything else seems to work fine, but I don't think I'd have fun playing when I can't seen half my screen. Any help?

Hi, thanks for the great mod. I like it!
Just a question:

Am I correct in assuming that you only incorporate Revolution modcomp, but not DCM modcomp?
As I see in BUG Config doesn't have any DCM options

Thanks for your attention.

DCM still has got a lot of problems. Some stuff is buggy, some won't fit to the new CCV concepts while other stuff won't be understood by the AI. That's the reason why there is no official support of the most DCM components.

But the truth is that they are still there. They are just hidden. I even added new code parts, like the Terrain Tactics code, to the DCM code. Although I won't support it. ;) But I've never tested it! Keep that in mind. To make the DCM options visible you need to activate some out commented code in Assets/Python/BUG/Tabs/RevDCMOptionsTab.py. If you have a look at the file it should be clear what must be enabled.

I've downloaded and installed the game, but when I play, it endlessly spams "Could not write INI file in *filepath*" or something like that in the message box. Everything else seems to work fine, but I don't think I'd have fun playing when I can't seen half my screen. Any help?

Sounds like a BUG message. But I have no idea at the moment what's going wrong here. Sorry. Could you make a screen shot? Maybe I'll have an idea later.

@TO ALL WITH TROUBLES!!!

PLEASE RUN CCV AS ADMIN

Question, what is your ambition for this project until you will release a final le grande complete version (if?) that no longer will be a WIP. Or are you almost there? Or are you looking to expand the project with further mods still? Just curious, given the rather "provocative" and ambitous title.

Amazing work so far. :)

Question, what is your ambition for this project until you will release a final le grande complete version (if?) that no longer will be a WIP. Or are you almost there? Or are you looking to expand the project with further mods still? Just curious, given the rather "provocative" and ambitous title.

Amazing work so far. :)

Thank you both. :)

At the moment more custom art has the highest priority. And yes, I will add more mods and concepts. There are still some ideas in my mind and mods (also written by myself) on my HDD. ;)

There will be a version 5.

Sounds promising for us, the fans. Yummy. Cant wait for 5.:hatsoff:

Great! Will you also consider integrating the mercenary mod into your mod and make it an option? I think the feature of hiring mercenary is wonderful in RFC.

THIS is the mod I've been waiting for,THIS is the thing to play while waiting for total realism,THIS is balanced,THIS IS SPARTAAAAA (joke),THIS is THE mod,thank you veryyyy muchhh
Vielen Dank!!!!

I totally agree. I've been trying most of the major overhauls mods around here now for some weeks, even made a merged mod for myself but yesterday I just completed a full game with CCV. Its the only mod I've bothered to stick with post-classical era and I intend to stick with this one as its the most balanced yet having all the features from the modding community im most interested in. Gonna jump on the horse again next weekend.

Thomas, whoever you are, I thank thee. :goodjob:

New UU`s are great, cant wait for more custom art :) this mod is improving at good speed:goodjob:

Is there a reason i dont get the raze or keep city dialog when i conquer a city?

Hmm. I get the option. It has happened once though that I didnt get it and that was when the last line of defence deserted. Something similar you recognize or you dont get it period?

Hmm. I get the option. It has happened once though that I didnt get it and that was when the last line of defence deserted. Something similar you recognize or you dont get it period?
I dont get anything, i just capture the city, its happened a number of times. I WBed some test cases, if the city is size one it autorazes, else auto capture.

Top Bottom